OT UFC

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SlyPokerDog, Oct 6, 2018.

1. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Anyone watching this? The main event is getting ready to start.

2. SlyPokerDog

No comment.

3. SlyPokerDog

Conor is getting his ass kicked.

dviss1 likes this.
  4. SlyPokerDog

Wow, what a crazy ending.

I would have called it a draw for the Russian leaving the octagon.

Rozay likes this.
  5. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    I dont pay a ton of attention to mma, but McGregor’s been allowed to get away with so much crap because he makes UFC money. Its seemed like the rules have been special for him and his team for a while, from the people I know who watch MMA most of them said he didnt even deserve this fight after the bus attack stuff, and having not fought in a couple years.

Taking it out of the octagon is bad and Khabib should get punished, but its not really anything worse than what Connor and his group has done.

6. SlyPokerDog

IMO it's completely different, that could have either turned into a riot or a stampede. We're talking crowd safety.

beast crnjo likes this.
  7. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Just to piss you off.

I am so pissed that I missed this. I had this marked on my calendar for a month, but I've been sick as a dog for the past two weeks and completely forgot about it. :angry:

Following the press conference Live on GlockTalk and YouTube.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  8. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    I understand, but after throwing metal and having a gang of 30 people attack a couple buses full of people, it seems like Conor shouldnt even of been given the chance to be in the fight. Im all for punishing Khabib and his team for the post fight non-sense. I just think it sets quite the double standard in the UFC, that Conors been allowed to not just talk a big game but be completely out of control and he’s never really seriously punished for anything. Say they stripped Khabib of the title, which I think you could argue he deserves, Id be ok with that. If the tables were turned and it was McGregor, I dont think his punishment would be as severe.

BonesJones and Jade Falcon like this.
  9. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

Let me break it down because there are a lot of opinion of guys who watch this sport maybe once or twice a year when conor fights. So Khabib is from dagestan. Undefeated. Big fight. Conor. Irish. We all know him. Two countries who are very prideful. Some months ago Khabib was fighting in new york and leading up to that fight, Conor decides to do this.

So khabib ends up winning his fight but then Khabib mcgregor is announced in august. Leading up to the fight Khabib was fairly silent in trash talk, just saying he was gonna smash him and all that meanwhile conor went very personal. Talked about his family and all that, mocked his religion of being a muslim and you could tell khabib was angry. This was just this past week of press conferences, you can look them up. So khabib destroys conor tonight. Who khabib went after was dillon danis, a fellow UFC fighter and conors best friend. Stupid but that's all khabib is guilty for. His guys came in and threw punches at conor, that was totally unacceptable. That's not on khabib though. Thats the short version and personally as a fan of this sport since I was 14, I loved every minute of conor getting beat, also loved it when Nate diaz choked him out. I can't stand him and the ufc let him get bigger than the brand. They had conors whiskey brand on the octagon mat and let him go for two belts, etc. Didn't fight for two years, they stripped him finally after a year and a half and khabib got the title. I just can't stand the guy. Great fighter but he has brought so much bullshit to the sport but also a lot of money which is why he is allowed to get away with nonsense. So yeah, just letting those know who aren't that big of fans or only show up for the conor fights, it's a lot deeper and complex than just some emotions after a fight. Been boiling for a while. Also the UFC kind of bred this bullshit, using the bus attack as a promo. It's nonsense

10. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    Why can't people be disgusted by both Khabib and McGregor? It's like if you say something about what a stupid thing Khabib did it means you are a McGregor supporter. They're both fuckwads.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  11. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    I agree. Im not trying to excuse his actions after the fight ended.

12. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    This is informative, though Ive read bits and pieces of it. I dont pay attention much with or without McGregor.

Cippy91 likes this.
  13. ripcityboy

ripcityboy Well-Known Member

self employed
    I watch a lot more UFC than boxing nowadays but I still prefer the latter. That match felt like the WWE.

14. BlayZa

BlayZa Misbehaving responsibly

Media/Advertisng
    the guys from khabib's squad that got arrested have been released as connor refused to press charges.
    not sure who, but id assume they're perma banned from any UFC event
    it'll be interesting to see what the athletic comm does.

khabib's post fight presser was interesting. basically said, look yall flipping out at me about going over the fence - connor and his crew have insulted my father and family, religion, country, friends, kids of friends, and he threw a dolly thru a bus window injuring fighters that arent even on my team, and he basically got away with it. this is a sport of honor and respect, its missing and it needs to come back to being fighting, not being a dick for PR hype.

ruskis aint playin with that disrespect shit.

TorturedBlazerFan and Cippy91 like this.
  15. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

I'm like 90% Irish. So i have always wanted to support McGregor but every time i watch the dude he just makes himself and Ireland look bad.
    He got beat on just about every level in that fight. Trying to keep it to striking in the third was his only chance. The best fighter won in that fight without question.
    As far as after the fight goes? No excuse for it at all.

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  16. SlyPokerDog

I know the history between the fighters.

I'm looking at it like the NBA, the first incident would be like a fight in the locker room.

I put last night on the same level as the fight in the crowd between the Pistons and the Pacers.

You don't go into the stands or the crowd.

SlyPokerCat likes this.
  17. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    I stayed up and did some reading last night and it seems like the UFC is trying very hard to be WWE but with real fighting...
    Dana White and UFC has had these drama's and sub plots and the McGregor's of the world just stirring the pot for promotions.

I agree it should stay out of the crowd, but I also kind of wonder what the UFC expects when they're heavily promoting guys being immature.
    You foster the type of environment that promotes acting stupid and you get stupid results. Dana White and the UFC have made it clear their looking for a show and just about anything goes,
    literally Conor just months ago did criminal things that were much more damaging than what happened last night, and only got a slap on the wrist basically.
    So eventually crap like this is going to happen.

To me Dana White comes across as a complete hypocrite when he talks about how bad this type of stuff is on one hand and yet pushes all the buttons as hard as he can with the other hand.

BonesJones and theprunetang like this.
  18. JoshuaHall

JoshuaHall Well-Known Member

Except you didn’t have MMA fighters in the stands trying to cold clock fans. Not even remotely similar to the malice at the palace or else you would’ve had numerous fans leaving on stretchers. You had two fighters go at it outside the ring. It’s more akin to two basketball players fighting and ending up in the front row. You’ve also had Conor storm into a ring at a Bellator event & jump into the crowd and storm in Jose Aldo’s face.

And the first incident is no way similar to a locker room fight. That’s more like Z-Bo getting 30 of his goons to attack the opposing teams bus to try and get DMC off the bus so they can fight and ends up injuring multiple people in the process w/glass and dolly.

Like...

Khabib went after a fighter one on one in the crowd.

Conor took 30 people and tried to surround a bus and prevent it from leaving...

BonesJones likes this.
  19. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    This stuff reminds me of why I don't go to S2 meet-ups. I don't want anyone to get hurt.

I never miss an Ali fight. Wonder when his next one is.

These are great caricatures, the wild Irishman with a temper and a long red beard vs. the greasy Muslim Russian. Vince McMahon couldn't have designed it better.

Local TV used to have frequent local wrestling, with visiting national stars. In the clean-shaven 60s, we saw beards only on TV, not in real life. In Hawaii, I liked The Weird Beard, my plump little brother liked the new guy who talked about pencil-necked geeks, and my father talked about Gorgeous George, who combed his hair during TV matches.

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  20. theprunetang

theprunetang Shaedon "Deadly Nightshade" Sharpe is HIM

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.