Ugly, Just Plain Ugly

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by twolvefan11, Oct 31, 2003.

1. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

How do we score only 10 points in the first quarter? This is the least points we scored in franchise history. This was just embarrasing. We're better than this. Garnett was the only one in double figures in scoring and Sprewell was the only one in double digits in rebounds. Wally, you can come back anytime now. We need all the help we can get. We couldn't play defense at all. Apparently on KFAN, a local radio station, McHale said that Wally might be out 4-5 weeks, and Troy 2-3 weeks. Not good news.

http://www.nba.com/games/20031031/MINNJN/boxscore.html

2. the MDE

the MDE JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, real sloppy performance by the Wolves. They will rebound soon though. They just failed their first test. New faces, injuries, and they were on the road. It was bound to happen..
    And I thought you said Wally was a wuss?

3. twolvefan11

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting the MDE:</div><div class="quote_post">And I thought you said Wally was a wuss?</div>

Yes, he is. As I've said before, it's a injury he will wind up playing with anyway. I can understand him not playing at all in the preseason, but he at least should make an effort for the home opener. He even played during the preseason. I think the Wolves are seriously considering trading him, but with his BYC status, he is almost impossible to trade.

4. twolvefan11

5. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Still not using that edit button, annoying.

Thats right, new faces, all getting used to one another. They will gel soon enough.

<font color="Green"><font size="1">This is my forum, and I have no problem with it, you continue to post this trash in my forum and I will use the edit button to delete it.

..// purehoops</font></font>

6. AI4EVER

AI4EVER JBB JustBBall Member

I was kind of suprised that KG got four fouls AND a tech. I was also kinda expectin to see a little more from Sprewll but he still did a good job. They can do better.

7. DDC

DDC JBB JustBBall Member

61 points is the lowest in the history of the franchise. With this kind of performance, the wolves can forget getting out of the first round. I'm soooo disappointed. I hope they rebound well against the Raptors.

8. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

What a terrible performence all the way around. Garnett could'nt see to get a rebound... Sprewell was missing wide open layups and jumpers. Guess the franchise was deserved, because this was just ugly.

9. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

I think that Cassell & KG really need alot more time to gel their pick & roll plays look horrible right now KG not rolling to the basket after seting the pick he standing right next Sam thats how come the nets were able to trap Cassell so effectively. Cassell passes were horrible if you noticed and Sam missed alot of shots that he normally makes (BUt sam is still my man) I have to throw a shot at your coach. I know that he not use to Cassell yet. but he has to know when Cassell perimeter jump shot isnt falling you have to let Cassell go in the post against other point guards. I think if you clear it out and let Cassell post up a little on the high post than he can create his own shot and shots for others but he cant with KG and Olowakandi clogging the lane. I think that when KG is sitting on the bench make him your go to post player even if he misses you then have Madsen, olowakandi and trent to clean up the misses. last night it look like sam was to worried about deferring to KG and letting KG create shoot opportunity for Sam that Sam didnt play his type or style of game and with no troy or no Wally Cassell has to take more than 9 or 10 shots. He needs at least 15. I think when coach Flip looks at the tape and see how Cassell really wasnt involved like he should have been he'll losen the offense up and let Cassell play a little on the post. I think if he does that Cassell will have his first 20pt game of the season.