UNITED FINALISE HARGREAVES MOVE

Discussion in 'Manchester United FC' started by CelticKing, Jul 1, 2007.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<h1 class="introhd"><font size="2">UNITED FINALISE HARGREAVES MOVE</font></h1>

</p><h3 class="introtxt">Manchester United have finally completed the signing of England midfielder Owen Hargreaves from Bayern Munich. </h3> <span class="txtblk">

The 26-year-old has signed a four-year contract with the Red Devils after a lengthy pursuit by the Barclays Premier League champions. </p>

Hargreaves told the club&rsquo;s official website www.manutd.com: &ldquo;It&rsquo;s been a long time coming. &ldquo;It was probably the worst-kept secret in football, but it's great to be here.&rdquo;</p>

<span class="txtblk">

Canada-born Hargreaves joined Bayern from Calgary Foothills in 1997 and won four Bundesliga titles with Bayern as well as the 2001 Champions League and Intercontinental Cup (World Club Championship). </p>

&ldquo;I think it's great to finally reach a positive conclusion,&rdquo; he said. &ldquo;Especially after all the time and energy that's been put in from everyone involved!&rdquo; </p>

Hargreaves was a surprise star of England&rsquo;s largely disappointing 2006 World Cup and United boss Sir Alex Ferguson tracked his progress closely from that point. </p>

However, Bayern had insisted the player - who had been contracted until 2010 - was not for sale, before finally giving way and allowing the deal to go ahead.</p>

</p>

[​IMG] </p></span>[​IMG] </p>

</p>

</p></span>

</p>

2. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

Hey CelticKing, ManU fan?</p>

I just started watching, and have been trying to pick up on some of the EPL history. Really liking it (Soccer/football).</p>

-Petey</p>

3. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Petey)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Hey CelticKing, ManU fan?</p>

I just started watching, and have been trying to pick up on some of the EPL history. Really liking it (Soccer/football).</p>

-Petey </p>

</div></p>

Yea, its my favorite team followed by Bayern Munich.</p>

EPL is the best though, the best football. Pretty much just offense, lot of goals, lot of movement, unlike the Italian league. </p>