Upcoming Competition

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by vikingfan, Aug 23, 2006.

1. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

I wanted to let you guys know that I'll be running a competition in a couple of weeks to help build the forums. The basic gist of the competition will be to make quality posts and recruit new members who in turn make quality posts. You'll get points for each post, each referred member, and each referred member's posts.

I'm currently putting together the prize packages. I gotta say, I'm really excited. It looks like the prize is going to include money that can go towards any football game of your choice, possibly some NFL Gear, and other stuff. If you have any suggestions for prizes, let me know - I'll see what I can do.

I'll keep you updated about the competition. It should be good!

2. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

I don't get it? You're rewarding quantity to ensure quality?

3. vikingfan

Ultimately it will be quantity, but there will be an emphasis on quality. In other words, people who come on board just to make junk posts will be removed from the competition and forum.

Also, to keep the quality up, I will be creating "veteran" forums which will be accessible by invitation only. That will allow members who prove themselves as quality posters to have access to a more exclusive, more managable forum.

4. CanadianFavreFan

CanadianFavreFan nfl-*****s member

Sorry VF but other then sports I hardly watch other TV anymore. Seems pretty much just useless garbage on and it's hard to find a good one. Never heard of Vanished could you give me the basis then I may have to check it out

5. vikingfan

Actually, the competition for Vanished is different than the upcoming competition for NFL Forums. If you want to know about Vanished, head on over to VanishedTalk.com. [​IMG]

6. MysteryMan

MysteryMan nfl-*****s member

hey a prize could be super bowl tickets just a suggestion [​IMG]

7. vikingfan

If I could get them, they'd be thrown in. [​IMG] I'll keep calling around, see if anyone wants to pony up some SB tickets.

Actually, I got one prize lined up already - its a pretty cool prize that does involve tickets. I'll leave it at that.

8. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

r you gonna like make official rules so we know exactly what is going on?

btw if you want to make a forum about a TV show make one about the best show on TV right now.... LOST

9. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ultimately it will be quantity, but there will be an emphasis on quality. In other words, people who come on board just to make junk posts will be removed from the competition and forum.

Also, to keep the quality up, I will be creating "veteran" forums which will be accessible by invitation only. That will allow members who prove themselves as quality posters to have access to a more exclusive, more managable forum.</div>
    Other than this feeling like some bizarre, Calvinistic twist with a lavender adorned Thor* as the residing diety in the forums' Bema Seat, I'm totally down with this. Perhaps on the veterans forum, you could simply put "The Chosen." That's assuming I make the cut. :thumbsup:

*To help set the mood, try to imagine Prince covering KISS' "God of Thunder" as background music.

10. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>r you gonna like make official rules so we know exactly what is going on?

btw if you want to make a forum about a TV show make one about the best show on TV right now.... LOST</div>
    J-E-T-S, you mispelled "24."

11. vikingfan

I would kill to have a good "LOST" forum, but the problem is, the competition is already there. I'm currently starting forums for several pilots (I actually am starting up 7 new forums right now - 9 new websites in total).

Did you know that the creator of LOST (who also happens to be the creator of Alias) is coming out with a new show this year? 6 Degrees. Strangely enough, I have started a forum for this as well (http://www.sixdegreesdiscussion.com)

I'm off to hit the phones looking for sponsors. Let me know if you guys think of any prizes for a competition here...

12. MysteryMan

MysteryMan nfl-*****s member

so if i started getting people now it wouldnt count?

13. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

Im in, but whats the point scoring system?

14. vikingfan

It would not count yet - the competition will start at the start of the season!

The prizes are almost all lined up. There will be a significant cash prize as well.

Point scoring system? That's secret for now. [​IMG]

15. CanadianFavreFan

CanadianFavreFan nfl-*****s member

While VF i checked it out and actually gotta admit it could be worth a look. Sorry for the previous negativity it's just all the reality tv has driven me crazy

16. J-E-T-S 1083

so whats with this contest i wanna know?

17. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>r you gonna like make official rules so we know exactly what is going on?

btw if you want to make a forum about a TV show make one about the best show on TV right now.... LOST</div>
    J-E-T-S, you mispelled "24."</div>
    No, Dale. You misspelled NCIS.

18. J-E-T-S 1083

no guys its L-O-S-T jeez these dolphins fans need some spelling lessons

19. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

We are after all stupid Dolphins fans. Imagine the irony of a jets fan liking LOST. Some jokes are just so obvious, they aren't worth telling. LOL.

20. vikingfan

Guys - the NFL Forums contest will be starting up in a couple of days. Right now it appears as if we have over $1,000 in prizes! I need to check with one more sponsor before that is confirmed, but even without them we are right up there!

Most of the prize value is going to be straight cash, but there also is a prize with tickets to an NFL game of your choice as well as some merchandise. I'll be posting more information about the contest in the next couple of days along with banners that people can use on their personal websites.