UPDATE: Brandon Jennings Reaches Agreement with Roma

Discussion in 'International Basketball' started by kobimel, Jul 13, 2008.

1. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>One of the hottest prospects in United States could be playing in Euroleague next season. Brandon Jennings is rated among top five high school players in America. According to basketcentral.it, Lottomatica Roma have offered 1+1 contract for the player but Jennings prefers one-year deal.

Brandon Jennings was playing at Oak Hill Academy in Virginia. He could have been drafted by NBA this already but that wasn't possible because of an age limit. Usually such players go to a college for one year and then declare for NBA draft. This route won't be taken by Jennings as his marks are not good enough to get in a college.

The player declared his plans to play one year in Europe before trying his luck in NBA draft. It appears that he might get straight to the top level basketball in Europe after the high school if the rumours about his move to Lottomatica come true.

It is thought that Brandon Jennings should be picked among top 10 in NBA draft.</div>

http://www.talkbasket.net/news/roma-to-sig...n-jennings.html

2. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

Kobi, I'm being lazy here, but what was Lottomatica Roma's record last season and who of note is on their roster?

3. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    Ukic was on Roma roster last year right, i guess Jennings is his "replacement"

4. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Jul 13 2008, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Kobi, I'm being lazy here, but what was Lottomatica Roma's record last season and who of note is on their roster?</div>

Roma went 8-12 in the Euroleague (kicked out in the Top 16 stage) and 23-11 in the Lega A1 regular season. Made it all the way to the Lega A1 Finals before getting crushed by Montepaschi Sienna 3-1.

Notable players: Allan Ray (former Celtic), David Hawkins, Erazem Lorbek (moved to CSKA in the offseason), Christian Drejer (Nets' draft pick), and Ukic as BasX mentioned.

5. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>As we reported few days ago American high school star Brandon Jennings (18, 1.85) is on his way to Lottomatica Roma. Talented point guard reached an agreement with Italian league runners-up. Only details are left to be agreed. The club also announced that Jennings's younger brother will play for the youth team official club website reports.

Brandon Jennings met the with representitives of the club in Summer League in Las Vegas. According to his agent there were lots of interest coming from European club but Lottomatica was the first and came with the best offer.

European basketball legend Dejan Bodiroga who is the president of Lottomatica Roma was delighted with the signing.

Lottomatica will play in Euroleague Group C against TAU Ceramica, Fenerbahce Ulker, Olimpija, Joventut and Alba Berlin.

One of the hottest prospects in USA will his with his family in Italy.

If everything goes to the Jennings's plan he should be drafted next summer and will leave Europe for NBA.</div>

http://www.talkbasket.net/news/lottomatica...n-jennings.html

6. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

7. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

They got their replacement for Roko I guess.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>"He said they need one,'' Jennings said. "I guess they want to make me the icon there. They're real excited about me coming to work for them. They know the deal. They know what they're getting in and feel comfortable about the whole situation.''</div>
    Could use a bit of a reality check first though.