Update: Frank Mir's B-sample also positive

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by speeds, Apr 8, 2016.

1. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

http://www.ufc.ca/news/ufc-statement-on-frank-mir-april-8-2016

The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Frank Mir of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an in-competition sample collected the day of his fight on March 20, 2016 in Brisbane, Australia.

USADA, the independent administrator of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, will handle the results management and appropriate adjudication of this case involving Mir. It is important to note that, under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, there is a full and fair legal process that is afforded to all athletes before any sanctions are imposed.

Additional information will be provided at the appropriate time as the process moves forward.

[​IMG]

2. speeds

Looks like Mir was going to be an analyst for FOX this weekend but has been dropped from that in light of this incident.

3. speeds

To all my fans and supporters,

I recently been notified by USADA that the test I took on the night of the fight came back for a substance that I did not take. I don't know how that is possible as I did not take any performance enhancing drugs (PED) to compete. I have never tested positive for a banned substance since joining the UFC and becoming a 2x champion. I ask all of you to hold judgement [sic] against me until all the facts have been revealed.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/4/8...atement-on-potential-usada-anti-doping-policy

4. speeds

Quite different than saying "I've never taken steroids." The guy was massive the second time he fought Lesnar.

Still, if he's telling the truth his B-sample should exonerate him.

5. speeds

According to an account he gave in an interview, the B-sample has also tested positive for metabolites.