Utah Jazz @ Denver Nuggets Preview

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Stockton, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div align="center">[​IMG] @ [​IMG]
    <font color="Blue">Utah Jazz</font> (2-0) @ <font color="DeepSkyBlue">Denver Nuggets </font> (1-1)</div>

When: Saturday 6th November, 9:00 PM (EST)
    Where: Pepsi Center, Denver
    Local TV: Altitude / KJZZ
    National TV: NBALP

<div align="center">Projected Starting Lineups

<font color="Blue">Utah Jazz</font>

<div align="center">[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] </div>
    <div align="center"><font size="1">Keith McLeod, Gordan Giricek, Andrei Kirilenko, Carlos Boozer, Jarron Collins</font></div>

<font color="DeepSkyBlue">Denver Nuggets</font>

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    <font size="1">Andre Miller, Dermarr Johnson, Carmelo Anthony, Kenyon Martin, Marcus Camby</font></div>

Injured List

<font color="Blue">Jazz:</font> Carlos Arroyo, Raul Lopez, Aleksandar Radojevic
    <font color="DeepSkyBlue">Nuggets:</font> Nikoloz Tskitishvili, Arthur Johnson

Key Matchup

Carlos Boozer vs. Kenyon Martin

Boozer has been playing great for the Jazz so far, and he has no easy task next in Kenyon Martin. Boozer is a big part of the Jazz' success, and if he can play well the Jazz should win. If Martin shuts him down on defense and scores on offense, the Jazz will have to rely on someone else.

Prediction

This game should be the closest yet for the Jazz, considering it's a day after another road game. The loss of Arroyo and Lopez might finally catch up with them in this one. Kirilenko will be a nightmare for Carmelo, who is a big part of the Nuggets scoring options. Jazz by 6, 92-86.

2. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Should be a great game. denver has been playin great since the opening loss to the Lakers. I still see UTAH pullin this one out. 90-87

3. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Home court will give the edge to the Nuggets, so therefor I take them in a close game by 5.

4. jbb94ftOfTherapy

jbb94ftOfTherapy JBB JustBBall Member

well like i said in my preview i think whoever wins this game will set the tone for mondays game. Advantage:Nuggets

5. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

Im hoping the Jazz pull this one out but Carmelo and Camby are going to be big. Boozer can handle K-Mart but Collins cant handle Camby and Melo and AK47 is a pretty darn good matchup. The key matchup should've been Melo and AK47 not K-Mart and Boozer. My prediction Nuggets by 3 +.

6. Marbire

Marbire JBB JustBBall Member

With the way Utah has been playing, I see another win tonight. But for certain, Denver is going to be harder than our first 2 games.

GO, Jazz, GO!

7. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Welcome to JBB, Sooch_6 and Marbire.

Despite been extremely early in the season, this game could play a big part in the playoff race at the end of the season. If both the Nuggets and Jazz make the playoffs, they will probably have similar records, and this game will play a part in what could be a head to head tiebreaker between the teams. I think Gordan Giricek will have a good game tonight, because the Jazz will look to involve him in the offense.

8. KS1

KS1 JBB JustBBall Member

I think Andre Miller will have the upside to Keith McLeod, Andre has more experience and has been playing with the nuggets longer, which will pay off.
    Gordan doesn't need to worry about Demarr that much.
    Andrei should have Melo locked down, atleast I hope. (Serious vendetta against Carmelo)
    Boozer's been playing better than Martin, but Martin wasn't a all-star for nothing.
    And Marcus Camby is going to own Jason Collins.
    I see Raja Bell playing a huge part in todays game, with close games like these, Raja will come through.
    Utah by 2

9. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Start of the 2nd. Utah 33, Nuggets 20. Boozer already has 14 points. Jazz are still extremely impressive, almost scoring at will.

10. Marbire

Well, Jazz are up by 30. Guess this won't be as close as everyone expected. Jazz are playing great.

And thanks for the welcome Stockon

11. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

Well last time I checked the Jazz were up by 23 and there were like 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter, I wonder how many points Boozer will have and how many shots AK47 will swat?

12. Marbire

Heh, yeah..... lead did go down to like 22. But, the lead is back up to 30, Boozer has 30 points, and Andrei is swatting everysingle shot the Nuggets put up. That dude is ALL OVER the court! Defensive player of the year if he keeps this up? 8 blocks so far tonight. 28 in 3 games.

13. Stockton

Stockton JBB

The Jazz have cracked 100. In all 3 games so far the Jazz have cracked 100, and kept their opponents scoring low, struggling to reach 80. Boozer and Kirilenko are quickly becoming on of the best 3/4 combo's in the league.

14. KS1

KS1 JBB JustBBall Member

Hahaha, Carmelo was compeletly shut down. Boozer killed Martin.

15. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Holy crap. Kirilenko with another 8 block game. He's average 7 bpg so far (as a SMALL FORWARD!). And he held Carmelo to 3 for 20 shooting. Shall we just give him the defensive player of the year award right now?

16. spark22

spark22 JBB JustBBall MVP

AK is the man, the myth, the legend. Another 8 block game, I can't believe it. I believe that could be Larry Miller's best 86 million he has ever spent. But Boozer is just as impressive with 30 and 17, that 68 million is another good investment. I am glad that we went after Boozer instead of K-Mart.

17. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Why was this thread made into a sticky?

18. Stockton

Stockton JBB

^^ I sticky the latest games, it's been unstickied now.