Valencia vs Chelsea

Discussion in 'Europe' started by RandomButter, Apr 9, 2007.

1. RandomButter

RandomButter DYC Chelsea 4 Life

With the tie poised at 1-1 from the home leg this game in the Mestalla Stadium is sure to be an exciting match. Chelsea have to score and Valencia play some great football at home.

In the first leg at Stamford Bridge Valencias players showed their true class with players like Jouqian, Silva and Villa all impressing going forward but as soon as they got their goal they shut up shop and didnt really look to score again and 1-1 was a good result for them.

Its going to be tough for Chelsea and the big champions league players like ballack, Sheva and drogba are all going to be playing at their best. With another semi finals against Liverpool awaiting Chelsea if they proceed to the next round im sure this match will be seen as the biggest so far this season for chelsea. After the 2005 semi final defeat to liverpool at Anfield and that dubios goal that won it im sure Jose Mourinho and his men will be desperate to win this tie so they can put things right against liverpool and go on to lift the champions league.

2. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

They also had a flaky keeper that we did not overly test once we had an equaliser, mindful that a second away goal with us pushing on would have made the task all the more trickier. I think we will go through on away goals myself, but it might take ET to achieve it.

3. JohanMourinho

JohanMourinho DYC Hot prospect

I think it will be a very good game. If we can keep a clean sheet we'll go through as I would expect to score but I think it will be tough to keep a clean sheet against a very good team.

4. C.Ronaldo

C.Ronaldo Key Squad player

I expect Valencia to go through. They are impressive at home and the first leg score was great for them.

5. Flight643

Flight643 DYC *********

Chelsea were gifted their equaliser, Canizares was crap on the night. It will be an interesting game but I can see Che snatching it.

6. bringiton

bringiton Theatre of Reality

Personally I don't actually think that Chelsea want to go through knowing what awaits them in the semi!

7. crippz

crippz DYC Localhero

Will Ballack play from the beginning?
    In the PremierLeague against Tottenham, he did not.
    ------------
    Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Germany. [​IMG]

8. Wolf

Wolf Sig and Avatar made by me

probably, the reason he didnt start at tottenham could be because he's being rested for this match.

9. Hellfire

Hellfire DYC Incompetent Fool

Plus, we had Essien out on the field taking over from Ballack. Essien probably won't start, unless he's taking left wing.

10. Oranje

Oranje DYC *********

It looks like a tough game for chelsea, especially after 1-1 result at home. It's not looking good.

But who knows? they might pull. psv wont.

11. Lennon 18

Lennon 18 DYC Key Squad player

To be honest I think Valencia are to strong for Chelsea and I cant see them going through... I reckon 2-0 to Valencia...

12. Big Aaron

Big Aaron DYC Working Class Hero

I reckon Valencia will be too strong, especially at home, for Chelsea. I'm going 2-1 Valencia.

13. Wolf

i still think we can go through, i think if we score 1 goal it will just turn into chelsea playing defensivley. If we start doing that, i dont think Valencia will be able to score.

14. Lennon 18

Lennon 18 DYC Key Squad player

1-1 at the moment..

15. Wolf

what a goal by Essien, through to semis... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. Big Aaron

Man, I felt sure it was going to extra time.

Canizares should really have done better for Essien's goal. Great finish though.

Canizares' save from Ballack's header was absolutely immense.

17. Wolf

its not canizares' fault that essien scored, most strikers would have hit it across the goal. anyway, there was so much power in the shot, it would have probably broken one of his fingers if he got there.

18. Big Aaron

He was so close ot it and after his heroics elsewhere in the game (can't blame him for the first goal. Just a very lucky break of the ball to Sheva about half a yard out) he didn;t make the simple save.

19. Spawny

Spawny DYC 1st team Reserves

I enjoyed the game, a great win as well considering Valencia have never lost at home to an English team, well ... until tonight anyway [​IMG]

Joe Cole was great when he came on, and i think it shows how important he is to the team. He was the one making all the attacks and basically showed us what Chelsea have been missing for some parts of this season.

Canizarez's two saves were absolute class! The first one from Drogba which was top corner bound and the one from Ballack, has to be save of the season in any competition.

Looks like we'll be up against Liverpool next round, just hope we can make ammends for when we lost a couple of seasons ago ... one of the many reasons why i hate Liverpool and all their supporters.

20. bringiton

bringiton Theatre of Reality

Do you really hate us or are you just JEALOUS of the fact that no matter how much money you've got you'll never be as successful.