Van Horn Trade: Bust or The Right move

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by MiltownBeers, Feb 16, 2004.

1. MiltownBeers

MiltownBeers JBB JustBBall Member

Just wondering how people feel about the Bucks giving up Tim Thomas and Joel Przybilla for Keith Van Horn.

Tim Thomas = overpaid
    Joel P. = underachiever
    Van Horn = ?

I guess I'm waiting to see how well Van Horn fits the Bucks team oriented style of play. Anyone care to speculate?

2. BuckFanatic22

BuckFanatic22 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MiltownBeers:</div><div class="quote_post">Just wondering how people feel about the Bucks giving up Tim Thomas and Joel Przybilla for Keith Van Horn.

Tim Thomas = overpaid
    Joel P. = underachiever
    Van Horn = ?

I guess I'm waiting to see how well Van Horn fits the Bucks team oriented style of play. Anyone care to speculate?</div>

I feel great about it. We are simply getting a better player in Van Horn, look at the numbers, people talk about Thomas being so athletic, lol. yeah for a 6'10 guy he is, but on offense and defense he plays like he's 6'5. and rebounds like he's 6'5 as well. and i know he's athletic, but whenever he tries to use it he gets out of control. it's not like he's t-mac athletic or anything. as far as KVH, he's a better defender then Thomas, better scorer and rebounder(stats don't lie). and I believe will contribute better to this team. BUT this trade works for both teams, not because the knicks got TT but because they got Nazr, FOR US, getting rid of Thomas and getting a better SF and someone who can and has played PF, we got rid of pryzbilla, THANK YOU! I like it, can't wait to attend the game tomorrow night, go bucks!

3. TMac_OwNz

TMac_OwNz JBB JustBBall Member

I can't wait to see how both teams come out in their first game with their new player(s) .. anyways T-Mac Athletic hmm..I like that haha I think this is really good for the Bucks just what they need. KVH is a great scorer , can drive to the basket , passing abilities and acceptable defense. As for the Knicks they did get something good too..Hopefully TT will come out now that he has something new.

4. jdub

jdub JBB JustBBall Member

Although New York gives up IMO the best player in the deal, Keith Van Horn, I think they get the better end of this deal. They get a Centre who can run with the Knicks, he can also contribute quite a few points and boards. Thomas has been making all the right moves, he has totally turned the lackluster knicks around, they are now a contender in the east, if i were in the east i would be very careful not to take the knicks lightly. Wacth for them to make a oush for the east championship. Only time can tell how well this trade will benefit the Bucks, it will most likely add more points to there totals every night.

5. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

Although the Knicks used him well and he played well for what he did. Keith Van Horn, let's face it, is a ballhog. Like Walker and NVE, he'd attempt to make ridiculous shots. Although he'd take some of the offensive load off of Michael Redd and Desmond Mason, he'd be of no other use then a reliever. This is bad for you in my eyes. His size and rebounding might be useful for a little while though.

6. MiltownBeers

MiltownBeers JBB JustBBall Member

I guess we'll begin to find out the winners/losers of this trade tonight when play picks up again.

7. Erin

Erin JBB JustBBall Member

Keith has been playing great this year for the Knicks. Hopefully, he'll continue to play well in Milwaukee.

8. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

How much does KVH make? I think Thomas wants to make a run at a big man in the offseason (possibly Sheed). Isaiah is the next Jerry West. Yeah, I said it.

9. ANiMuS

ANiMuS JBB JustBBall Member

Van Horn's has a max contract that runs through...at least next season. I believe Thomas has essentially the same contract...it just started later so there's more years left on it. They're not getting Sheed except in a sign-and-trade.