Vent thread: I'm not watching the Bucs game if Johnson starts...

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by Vintage, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

And by not watching.... I mean....

I will still watch.

But I just want to say otherwise.

2. Vintage

I'm pissed that Wade will still start Ellis over Spencer when Spencer is back.

I'm pissed Henry is still starting. When Newman gets back, it needs to be Newman/Jenkins... or Newman/Jones (when he is back). Henry is getting beat repeatedly... the rookies can do that. At least they have potential to grow and speed to recover. Start them.

Canty sucks. He's invisible. Is Hatcher really not better than Canty?

Special teams is indeed special. As in... "special education" special.

Johnson should not start. Either Romo or Bollinger. I don't care. Just. Not. Johnson.

Get Austin the ball. He makes stuff happen in the open field.

Proctor still starts. Why? Is Holland incapable? Is McQuistan worse? I find it hard to believe Proctor is better than any of them.

3. bacon smeller

bacon smeller The Baconater

Well at least we still know that Johnson can throw interceptions. He had three yesterday. He'll probably will have five against the Bucs.

huevonkiller likes this.
  4. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

i didn't see the beginning of the rams game and instead of watching the end of it i was watching the chiefs disappoint me by refusing to give jamaal charles carries.

5. Vintage

To be fair though, bacon... one of those INTs was when it was tipped at the LOS. Can't really blame Brad there.

6. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    And Atogwe just fuckin rocks!

7. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    and he`s from Windsor.. awesome X3

8. Mixx

Mixx JBB JustBBall Member

Construction
    I'm ready to see what Bollinger can do. I say lets just rest Romo those 3 weeks he has left and we can get him back when we play the Redskins. Let Bollinger do whatever he can, I'm sure he will do at least a little bit then Johnson.

9. Mixx

Construction
    This is what Brooks Bollinger could give us, against the Bucs. And we will need him, since Bucs will probably blitz 80% of the time, and we can obviously see that Brooks can move around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxiAJ-GTbSQ

10. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

If Brad Johnson starts, just fire Wade Phillips. If Johnson struggles to all hell against a weak STL defense, I'd be terrified to what the Bucs would do to him.

Oh yea, it'd also be nice if our defense showed up, that way our running game can be a factor and IF Brad does have to start, he won't have to throw 30something passes.

11. Vintage

Romo probably won't be ready to play this week. As much as that sucks, we can't play him if he's not ready. We simply have to weather the storm for now... and hope to God Romo can deliver us from evil when he comes back.

12. Mixx

Construction
    Yes! I am hoping that also. But what if he doesn't?

13. bacon smeller

bacon smeller The Baconater

Sorry but Espn is reporting that Romo won't play again this Sunday. That sucks

14. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Yup...just heard that as well. And from the sounds of it, they're going to stick with Johnson, too. I am honestly terrified to see the game this weekend. Johnson looked god awful against a bad defense in STL...what's going to have against Tampa? The offensive line better learn what pass protection means, otherwise Brad is going to be even more ineffective than he was last week.

15. Vintage

We have no choice. Fortunately, Romo's pretty used to winning games where we've needed to outscore the opponents.

16. Vintage

The dumbest thing I heard... was before the StL game, Brad Johnson said that the offense would run 95% of its plays like it would under Romo.

Yes. Let's try a vertical style passing attack with Brad Johnson.

Things need to be adjusted. Shorter routes. Like... with Roy and Terrell, maybe.... dunno... CROSSING ROUTES?

17. JE

JE Suspended

in between jobs right now
    Bucs don't do a whole lot of blitzing, mostly the zone cover-2 scheme. If any one player blitzes it will likely be Barber or Jackson.

I'm looking forward to Sunday's game. If Tony Romo does end up playing and the Bucs still win, I think we establish ourself as an elite NFC team.

18. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Not only do we need to shorten the passing game while Romo is out, but we also need to lessen it. I think we should really take the Pittsburgh philosophy and run the ball with Marion and Felix, and do it a lot...like, I'm talking 35+ carries between the two. Doing this takes the ball out of Brad Johnson's hands and gives him less opportunities to mess up. It also sets up the play action if we need it. Plus, if it does get going, it allows us to eat clock and keep the defense off the field, which certainly helps us the way our defense has played. So really, running the ball, as long as we do it effectively, has a myriad of positive effects.

19. Mixx

Construction
    Yeah but most of the time the stupid line doesn't want to block so it's pointless running the ball 35+ times when we will keep gaining 1-2 yards on each run because the line doesn't want to block. Then we will HAVE to throw on 3rd down and you know how that goes with Brad he doesn't completed. Also did you guys notice Jason Witten on that one 3rd down play against Rams, all he had to do was turn around quickly and dive through across the yellow line but he didn't do that. He just stood up straight and tried to over power 3 guys, which they just pushed his ass back!

I hate when Witten does that crap, he tries to over power the other guy. While all he has to do is just put his head down and dive across the yellow line and it's first down right away. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? And did anyone catch that play by any chance?

20. Vintage

Yep. Saw that too. Wanted him to dive, also... but for whatever reason, he didn't.