vince carter

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by thedude9990, Nov 19, 2004.

1. thedude9990

thedude9990 JBB JustBBall Member

u guys proabbly saw the rumors about vincecarter wat do u guys think about him being a blazer

2. DMiles4MVP

DMiles4MVP JBB JustBBall Member

it'd be great, if you noticed, the Rose Garden is DEAD, so how do u help attendance and energy by the fans?

by adding the most popular, electrifying player in the NBA, [​IMG]

3. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

^ agreed

and any money he'll rebound from his rough start and start really ripping the league apart. probably be a 22-5-5 guy the rest of the season. plus with a legit big man like Z-bo.....double teams will get burned

4. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

You guys don't think giving Reef and others is to much? I think it would give you Randolph and Carter and not very many guys around him. You guys have better chances right now to win games than you would if you have Vince Carter.

5. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

This wouldnt not be a bad trade for the Blazers, getting VC will help the fan base,plus VC gets his wish and goes to a team that will be able to contend.I think a trio like,VC-Randolph-and Miles could be promising.

6. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

I as a raptors fan despise this trade, 'Reef cant be a franchise player he's shown that in Atlanta where they didnt win any games and he is a PF and Bosh is a PF as well. I will be so pissed off if Bosh has to play out of position without consent just because of 'Reef. Derek Anderson isnt bad but he's overpaid like pretty much anyone else except the leagues top players, and I forgot who else where getting. Imagine Zach Randolph and Vince drawing all the double teams and then D-Miles gets the open shot and scores. Breakout season for D-Miles.

7. King James X3

King James X3 JBB JustBBall Member

Telfair, Miles, Ratliff, Randolph, and Carter. Build from there, at least they have clean images and, for the most part, are players the town can respect and rally around.

8. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

All pluses for Portland, all minuses for Toronto. If was Portland I would jump at this trade in a heartbeat.

9. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

Well lets see:
    -getting rid of DA's contract - good
    -Getting rid of SAr for a real star -good
    -having to stand Milt Placio's and Jalen Rose's Contracts - bad
    -Giving up Richie Frahm - Very bad!
    -Giving all you trust to a player who gets injured when his team really needs him - very bad!
    -Rose,carter and Ratliff pretty much fills the cap room when combined and in 1 or 2 years what will be the Blazers situation? - very bad!

This deal sucks in conclusion especially for the Blazers,John Nash should have been smart and go with a rebuild insted of this deal and resigning Ratliff for so much money.

thats my 2 cents :mrgreen:

10. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Lack of cap room could be detrimental but, it doesn't stop from wining. Despite being Rose is very valuable to any team although overpaid. Carter is a star in this league so that's self explainatory. You can advance far in the playioffs if you do this trade. Dallas has that problem but, they have so many good players.

11. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">Lack of cap room could be detrimental but, it doesn't stop from wining. Despite being Rose is very valuable to any team although overpaid. Carter is a star in this league so that's self explainatory. You can advance far in the playioffs if you do this trade. Dallas has that problem but, they have so many good players.</div>

Yea but do they get injured all the time?
    thats the point,he can get in injured for the rest of the season.

12. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rod:</div><div class="quote_post">Yea but do they get injured all the time?
    thats the point,he can get in injured for the rest of the season.</div>

That is true but, when healthy they are very productive especially together. I think this is a risk that Portland will have to take in order to be succesful. Besides if it doesn't work out they can make changes and trust me many teams will be interested in Carter.

13. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rod:</div><div class="quote_post">Yea but do they get injured all the time?
    thats the point,he can get in injured for the rest of the season.</div>
    Rose doesn't get injured?

Carter hasn't shown any signs of injuries, and didn't last season, so that should be fine.

14. MaxaMillion711

MaxaMillion711 ...?

Mixer
    Yeah Vince played more games than Iverson last season I think

15. D-Miles

D-Miles JBB JustBBall Member

im startin to not like this trade cause i heard he didnt want to come to the west and dosent want to come to the blazers [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. og15

og15 JBB *********

Shareef actually doesn't want to go to Toronto, or Canada, whichever one it was, but not that many people want to come to the Blazers lol

17. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">Rose doesn't get injured?

Carter hasn't shown any signs of injuries, and didn't last season, so that should be fine.</div>

Yea yea but he have a serial-injury,thats like signing Marcus Camby or Grant Hill and sayin that theyve played alot of games...somewhere down the road he will get injured for a long long time and then he will be very hard to trade and especially if according to ESPN he is still in Toronto cuz no team was really interested in carter in the summer.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting D-Miles:</div><div class="quote_post">im startin to not like this trade cause i heard he didnt want to come to the west and dosent want to come to the blazers [​IMG] [​IMG]</div>

Dont worry about that,nobody really cares what VC or Sharref wants,theyre earning 14 million$ per year each and i think that eventually both of them will STFU and start playing and besides David Stern said that he will not tolerate anymore Italian strikes in the NBA.

18. thedude9990

thedude9990 JBB JustBBall Member

yea shreef didnt want to come to canada because of when he was in vancover and vince when asked said he never thought about coming to portland and i think i read somewhere that he would welcome a trade to a west team taht could win even though he wouldnt make the allstar game in the west but its all good

19. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting thedude9990:</div><div class="quote_post"></div>
    :thumbsup:
    Liked you sig about the kobe thing BTW,i say almost the same thing for a year now,im always saying that he should be as good as Pipen in which case he would have had another 2 championships with shaq 4sure and then MAYBE he can be the nxt Jordan. [​IMG]

20. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Yea yea but he have a serial-injury,thats like signing Marcus Camby or Grant Hill and sayin that theyve played alot of games...somewhere down the road he will get injured for a long long time and then he will be very hard to trade and especially if according to ESPN he is still in Toronto cuz no team was really interested in carter in the summer.</div>
    I don't think you can compare to Camby and Hill [​IMG]