Vince Demands Trade

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by jenike, Sep 16, 2004.

1. jenike

jenike JBB JustBBall Member

Vince's actual trade demand.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story.asp?ID=98854

I say ship him to the West. Maybe Seattle. See if he makes playoffs there. Imagine having the stupidity to say I want out of Toronto, but only if I get to pick where.

Ridiculous. Vince is a HUGE talent, but come on get real.

What about Baron Davis for Vince Carter?

2. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Just heard it on Sportscentre, Vince wants out

I was just watching Sportscentre and they said Vince was frustrated about the continuos rumours and just wanted to let it out. He said ''I want out, I want to get traded. It's time for me to move on. This has nothing to do with the city or the fans, it's just time for me to take care of me.'' Now it's not the EXACT quote, but I tried to listen as carefully as I could. I expect an article about it to come out pretty soon if it hasn't already been written in the Star or the Sun.

3. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

Well at least we couldn't say the writing was on the wall when the summer started. Now the whole NBA knows that VC is a lying sack of dog feces. He continuosly denied that he wanted out, waiting until after his charity game to break the news. He is not a man of great character or balls.

I personally think that he will be traded by the trade deadline. Possibly for some other malcontent on another team. I just hope we can get somewhere close to equal value for him. VC for a Big Mac and Super size fries?

4. jenike

Baron Davis is unhappy and Vince always wanted Magloire to come to TO. Send him there. Here's the deal with Vince. His character is so weak that he won't say anything. The only reason he said something was because he realized that training camp starts in 3 weeks. You know what? If you want to be traded, you better say so much sooner than 3 weeks before training camp! The truth being that Vince has soured on the Raps because they have been losing. Well if the season starts off winning, he'll change his mind. He just dooesn't have strong enough character to not play the fence. If he gets traded, he may end up in a worse place than TO. It would be funny if he ended up with the Clippers. I'd take Brand and Magette for Carter!

5. SunshineRain

SunshineRain JBB JustBBall Member

I haven't heard as much talk about Vince in Mavs land. I think the Mavs are happy
    with their roster, and don't want to divert the focus from Dirk. But I do think if the
    Mavs could trade Stackhouse and some depth for a guy like Carter, they will make
    the move and would immediately become a top contender. How is Carter's defense
    these days? I know he has the skill, but does he have the desire, because the
    Mavs have spent all summer unburdening themselves of poor defenders and want
    to rebuild with a championship caliber defense?

Probably what has happened is that several teams have made offers for Vince
    but Toronto turned them down. Vince is making his power play, and just reduced
    Toronto's bargaining power, making some of those trades more feasible.

6. jenike

I disagree. I would say that Vince has basically painted himself into a corner. Vince has no barganing power at all. He still has 3 years left on his contract. Management holds all of the cards in this scenario. Vince has to show up to camp, work his butt off and prove to the rest of the NBA that he ISN'T soft, that he CAN lead a team, and that he CAN regain his old form. Right now Vince Carter has never been so low in the NBA. Teams will make stupid offers trying to get him in a sweet bargain, but Babcock isn't stupid. He'll wait. Hell the raps are used to playing without Vince anyway during injury times. If he doesn't want to report, then he'll just end up sitting at home. See how much that helps your trade value.

7. og15

og15 JBB *********

He doesn't want to go to a Western conference team, and why would NOH do it?

We can trade him and Rafer to Washington for Arenas and Haywood.

8. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting SunshineRain:</div><div class="quote_post">I haven't heard as much talk about Vince in Mavs land. I think the Mavs are happy
    with their roster, and don't want to divert the focus from Dirk. But I do think if the
    Mavs could trade Stackhouse and some depth for a guy like Carter, they will make
    the move and would immediately become a top contender. How is Carter's defense
    these days? I know he has the skill, but does he have the desire, because the
    Mavs have spent all summer unburdening themselves of poor defenders and want
    to rebuild with a championship caliber defense?

Probably what has happened is that several teams have made offers for Vince
    but Toronto turned them down. Vince is making his power play, and just reduced
    Toronto's bargaining power, making some of those trades more feasible.</div>
    Please not Stackhouse, but in the reports it said he wants to go to an Eastern conference team, preferable New York or something. I think he also said he would like Miami, but their's nothing to get from them, Carter and Shaq would be nice for them, but I wouldn't want to trade Wade.

9. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

Carter Demands Trade

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Vince Carter says it's time to go.

"It's time for the truth: I want to be traded, I'm ready to be traded," the 27-year-old Raptor all-star told the Star last night.

"First and foremost, this has nothing to do with the fans or the city, it's just time for me to look after me."

Carter, who has been the subject of intense trade rumours since the end of the season, said his decision to go public last night is because he's frustrated at the pace of trade talks the Raptors have been pursuing.

He said he's made it known to new general manager Rob Babcock and first-year head coach Sam Mitchell that he wants out of Toronto but he isn't sure they are investigating possible deals as strongly as they could be.</div>

<div align="center">Full Story</div>

Here's an article that can hopefully clear something?s up for you guys.

Well as for this whole situation, it?s about time he spoke up. At first he kept shying away from clearly demanding a trade, which was a problem seeing as that he wouldn't be happy playing another season in Toronto after all. This would clearly hurt the team because he obviously wouldn't be giving it his all. Well, whatever the case may be, Toronto better figure something out. This is a blow imo because training camp is coming up and they have yet to figure out what they?re going to do their franchise player.

10. jenike

It doesn't matter what HE wants. Do whatever makes sense for the Raps.

11. og15

og15 JBB *********

New York, Florida and Miami are all horrible options for the team in terms of trading. The only player I'd want would be Dwyane Wade, but that's doesn't look to me like it will happen.
    I wouldn't want Marbury and Isiah wouldn't trade the guy anyways, and I definately would not want Steve Francis.

We should trade him to Washington, reunite him with Jamison, and get Arenas on our team, maybe Haywood or Hayes too.

I know, but why would NOH want that, I wouldn't do it if I was them, unless it was like Carter and Alston for Baron and David West, no even that is a lot, David West is pretty good [or going to be at least].

12. og15

og15 JBB *********

I know, but why would NOH want that, I wouldn't do it if I was them, unless it was like Carter and Alston for Baron and David West, no even that is a lot, David West is pretty good [or going to be at least].

13. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

gay

what a baby

after the way he's been treated in toronto.

if he wants a trade i say ship him off to wherever we can get the best and most in return

*cue the flood of raptor forum strangers with stupid comments and ridiculous trade ideas*

14. TnNeG

TnNeG NFLC nflcentral.net Member

i say trade him to the knicks for tim thomas [​IMG]

15. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dj_premium_plus:</div><div class="quote_post">gay

what a baby

after the way he's been treated in toronto.

if he wants a trade i say ship him off to wherever we can get the best and most in return

*cue the flood of raptor forum strangers with stupid comments and ridiculous trade ideas*</div>
    [​IMG]

Vince Carter and Lammond Murray for Mickael Pietrus, Cliff Robinson [expires], Speedy Claxton and Troy Murphy.

......okay maybe not Lammond Murray, and maybe I just put this because I want Pietrus on the team [​IMG]

16. undefined_playa

undefined_playa JBB JustBBall Member

I for one am quite disappointed in Vince's behaviour this off-season. I'm sure he knew that he didn't want to be in T.O. from the start of the summer, so why didn't he just fess up? He caused a huge amount of speculation from the media and fans and kept everyone in suspense. Then, when the roster for the team seemed pretty much set and everyone is getting ready for the season, he quickly comes out and says something. If he does leave, I will sorely miss him. I do understand why he wants out of T.O. and that he will have a better chance to make something of himself by going to a better team...but this quiet, babyish personality he has portrayed will never make him a respected athlete or leader in the nba.

17. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

What a whiner. This is one reason why I have never liked Vince Carter. Outside of the fact that I believe he might be the most overrated player in all the NBA, but I'm not getting into that debate. Anyone that whines though, should be shafted. If he doesn't want to be there, he's just going to be a cancer to the team. Get rid of him. Any GM in the league should know that it's not good to have someone that's going to complain about being on the team to still be on the team, so just trade him. Whether it's where he wants or not, trade him. Last I knew, unless there is a no trade clause in his contract, he can't control anything. He really, by all means, has no say in where he gets traded.

18. GjonC

GjonC JBB JustBBall Member

does he have a no trade clause in his contract?

19. jenike

I say keep him in TO unless a GREAT player is offerred. Vince will play for TO even if he wants out. He has no choice. His ego won't allow him to be benched. He'll play regardless. He knows it to. This is a last ditch effort to get traded before camp. The rpas have been trying to shop him, but there weren't any good offers. Vince feels that he is worth alot and that some teams must be willing to offer something to the Raps in return. Truth is, they aren't. That's why he'll stay on with the Raps and play. If he doesn't the then his trade value will sink even more.

Here is Rob Babcock's response to the whole thing.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article.jsp?co...916_075708_4896

20. jenike