Vince Young scored 16 on Wonderlic

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by AdropOFvenom, Feb 27, 2006.

1. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Vince Young scored a 16 on the Wonderlic after re-taking it Sunday.That's still a low score for a quarterback, but not as mind-numbing as the 6 that was originally reported. A mistake was reportedly made correcting his original test. The lowest score any NFL starting quarterback who started in 2005 was J.P. Losman's 14. This shouldn't be a huge factor in Young's draft status. Feb. 27 - 8:15 am etSource: Houston Chronicle</div> Ok, so instead of him being mentally challanged, hes just isnt that bright instead. :wacko:PS: Cutler scored 29, and Leinart scored 35.

2. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Neither 6 or 16 are very impressive... he still failed the hell out of it haha

3. Chaintime

Chaintime NFLC nflcentral.net Writing Team

Didn't know you could re-take it. I still am very dissapointed in him, how'd he get into Texas with a brain like that?

4. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HandZ21 @ Feb 27 2006, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Didn't know you could re-take it. I still am very dissapointed in him, how'd he get into Texas with a brain like that?</div>You dont need a brain in college ball when you can throw the football a mile. [​IMG]

5. JHair

Yeah but nethertheless you gotta be able to think fast

6. gopackers4

gopackers4 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Getting a 16 on the SECOND test is still really bad lol hahh

7. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I still hate him. [​IMG]

8. BigMike23

BigMike23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

That test is overrated. This getting blown way out of proportion.

9. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMike23 @ Mar 1 2006, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>That test is overrated. This getting blown way out of proportion.</div>I would normally agree with you, but smarts is very important on the quarterback position. If you look through the history of the NFL, most often the very successful quarterbacks scored well on this test (Why do you think Marino never won a ring, he was too dumb. [​IMG] )

10. BigMike23

BigMike23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Mar 1 2006, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMike23 @ Mar 1 2006, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>That test is overrated. This getting blown way out of proportion.</div>I would normally agree with you, but smarts is very important on the quarterback position. If you look through the history of the NFL, most often the very successful quarterbacks scored well on this test (Why do you think Marino never won a ring, he was too dumb. [​IMG] )</div>I know that you gotta be smart to be a QB, but you can't measure a person's IQ with the Wonderlic, so its not really an accurate measure of intelligence but still a 6? Marino would have a shitload of rings, but he didn't have a team around him.

11. jeefunk

jeefunk NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMike23 @ Mar 1 2006, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>That test is overrated. This getting blown way out of proportion.</div>I agree, and you of all people should know that. Dan Marino only got a 14 and Steve McNair only got a 15. I'd say Dan had a pretty good career and Mac is on the tail end of a pretty good one, himself.

12. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeefunk @ Mar 3 2006, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMike23 @ Mar 1 2006, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>That test is overrated. This getting blown way out of proportion.</div>I agree, and you of all people should know that. Dan Marino only got a 14 and Steve McNair only got a 15. I'd say Dan had a pretty good career and Mac is on the tail end of a pretty good one, himself.</div>Combined Super Bowl Wins: 0 ^_^Enough said.

13. jeefunk

jeefunk NFLC nflcentral.net Member

This conversation about Dan Marino has been had a billion times and we all know every side of it there is.

14. Capt. Comeback

Capt. Comeback NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Mar 3 2006, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Combined Super Bowl Wins: 0 ^_^Enough said.</div>Not really proving anything though. :ninja: Are you saying Joe Montana being undefeated in the Super Bowl basically had a perfect score and was better than Dan Marino. I think they might have been equal as players, but Montana with the more history. Nevertheless, you don't need to be smart as in test taking to be a QB. Any one person can go out and learn from experience how to play a position. Anyone can think for themselves and makes decisions based on what they have learned and see. It doesn't mean you need to take a test to prove you have good decision making skills.

15. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (D WiLLiAmS @ Mar 3 2006, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Mar 3 2006, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Combined Super Bowl Wins: 0 ^_^Enough said.</div>Not really proving anything though. :ninja: Are you saying Joe Montana being undefeated in the Super Bowl basically had a perfect score and was better than Dan Marino. I think they might have been equal as players, but Montana with the more history. Nevertheless, you don't need to be smart as in test taking to be a QB. Any one person can go out and learn from experience how to play a position. Anyone can think for themselves and makes decisions based on what they have learned and see. It doesn't mean you need to take a test to prove you have good decision making skills.</div>I know that, but I was giving them a hard time. However, I still think Vince Young will end up being a bust.

16. JHair

Vince Young will be a Mike Vick type guy with less agility and better throwing ability. He won't make a HUGE impact for any team he goes to, though. He's gonna help 'em out but I don't see him stepping up and being a leader like Donovan McNabb on the Eagles or Favre on the Packers or whatever.

17. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I looked at some sample questions of it on ESPN.com and what a stupid test it is. I could've aced that test in 7th grade.

18. JHair

yeah ^^^ they ask questions on it like "What's the ninth month of the year" and "Which of the following does not belong? Owl, Eagle, Peacock, or Grizzly Bear?"