Vince Young to Declare ?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by K_Winslow80, Jan 7, 2006.

1. K_Winslow80

K_Winslow80 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm POSTED 7:28 p.m. EST; UPDATED 7:48 p.m. EST, January 7, 2006YOUNG IS COMING OUTA league source tells us that Texas quarterback Vince Young definitely is entering the NFL draft. Young also is believed either to have picked an agent or to have narrowed the field of potential representatives. One name we're hearing in this regard is Marvin Demoff.Before the Rose Bowl, Young was reportedly leaning toward staying with the Longhorns for his senior season. But after a performance for the ages, the oversized sidearmer has realized that the time has come to get paid for his efforts.Young is the first underclassman in the Mack Brown era to leave Texas early. Last month, one league insider joked to us that Young was unlikely to leave for the NFL, because it would mean that he would have to take a pay cut.No one in Texas should be upset about Young's decision. He delivered on a national championship, and he gave them all a set of memories that can never be taken away. And the NFL team that should be happiest to hear the news in this regard is the Tennessee Titans, who are now guaranteed to get Young or USC tailback Reggie Bush or USC quarterback Matt Leinart at the third spot in the draft.

2. His Greatness

His Greatness BBW Member

I doubt he will enter. He promised Mack that he'll stay for his senior year. IF I Was young I would stay and lock up the Heisman, guy got robbed..

3. K_Winslow80

K_Winslow80 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I think it would be awesome if he came out Why ? Because it pushes a good player to my Browns who are picking 12. [​IMG] If Vince wants the money-- he will come out because he is a sure lock for top 3.If he wants to be a good NFL QB-- He will stay at Texas and work on his mechanics and recognition could use some help as well.All depends on what his primary objective is.

4. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

If I were him I would declare. Lienart really screwed up last year by staying at USC, he would of been the first overall pick last year and could have demanded a lot more money coming off a Heisman Trophy Winning/National Championship winning season... Vince this year singlehandedly won the National Championship, I don't care whatyou guys say he did it all. It would be wise for him to declare this year cuz you never know what could happen next season, he could get injured, have a crappy season, etc...I bet he will declare.

5. MiamiSolja7

MiamiSolja7 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

6. NFLCVince

NFLCVince NFLC nflcentral.net Member

7. NFLCShowtime

NFLCShowtime NFLC nflcentral.net Member

i believe that after winning the national championship, you must declare. something matt leinart should have done last year.

8. MLibid

MLibid BBW Member

He declared already. Vince Young is smart. I'm projecting him to be drafted before Leinart. [​IMG]