Walker powers Hornets past Spurs 125-116 in overtime

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by truebluefan, Mar 27, 2019.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Kemba Walker may be a three-time All-Star, but he's not having any problem playing with young players like Dwayne Bacon and Miles Bridges as the Charlotte Hornets enter the homestretch of the season.

In fact, he's embracing the opportunity, even feeding off them.

"Man, they play hard. They have great energy," Walker said. "I don't know if I can keep up with them, to tell you the truth. They are out there moving so fast. It's the future of this organization and I'm trying my best to be the best leader I can be for those guys. When adversity hits, these guys they are looking at me."

They looked at Walker on Tuesday night in overtime and he responded in a big way.

Walker scored 11 of his 38 points in the extra period to lead the Hornets to their season-high fourth straight win, 125-116 win over the San Antonio Spurs. Walker scored Charlotte's first seven points in the extra period, and went 4 of 4 from the field with a pair of clutch 3s. He barely missed his third career triple-double, finishing with 11 assists and nine rebounds as Charlotte won its first overtime game in five tries.

read more http://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=401071780