Notice Warning: Fire Hazard

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by PDXFonz, May 17, 2017.

1. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

I know not everyone here appreciates hip-hop/rap, but take it from me - This shit is fully on point. I'm biased as much as the next guy here, but Dame might be the best kept secret in the rap game right now. This track, like his first album is absolute fire. When I judge an artist I look for the wordplay used to convey a message and Dame absolutely does it as well as anyone else right now.

I'm sure most of you can translate the meanings behind most of these lyrics, but if you don't understand parts of his verse on this track ask and I can clarify. As a Blazer fan you've got to be hyped by the first part of his verse.
    We all know about his trip to Mexico with CJ and Frazier(See EL P's thread about the Blazers summer vacation tracker). In this verse Dame is talking about that trip and how he spent it reflecting on where he has come from, and how he appreciates where he is. Him and CJ reflected on this season, and talked about they need to do in order to take this team to the next level. They are both confident and think the world needs to be ready for them to make some noise(y'all get ready for destruction).

Later in the verse he talks about how he has missed out on the All-Star selection, but he will be back (Next season, book it), he's not fretting over the missed all-star games, he knows he will be back in it, and he plans on winning a ring, and growing his team (will be stacked).

I don't think you have to like hip-hop to feel what Dame is spitting on this track. He is confident in himself and his situation. This guy plays for the team we love so much that we spend our days posting here, and he is one of a kind. We are extremely fortunate to have Damian Lillard as a member of the Portland Trail Blazers.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  2. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Let the conspiracy theories begin!

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  3. Blazer_Hippie

Blazer_Hippie Batum getting ballsy!

I'm old and I'm not generally a rap fan (I do like Public Enemy and Killer Mike, though). But Dame's stuff is pretty damn good...

HailBlazers, SlyPokerDog and PDXFonz like this.
  4. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Gonna bump this shit at the championship parade like...

[​IMG]

5. trailblazer18

trailblazer18 Well-Known Member

I prefer Henny with rocks...

Drinks like a fish!

(My 1000 post!)

6. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    I don't like the music part of rap. But I do like Dame's writing. I think he should consider writing lyrics for other performers.

PDXFonz likes this.
  7. chris_in_pdx

chris_in_pdx OLD SCHOOL

I think Dame's flow has gotten much better. His delivery style was pretty cringeworthy and amateurish in his first few efforts and on a good part of his album, but this track is leaps-and-bounds better in that respect. The beat is more trap-influenced and complex then he's done before as well. I give it a solid B vs. the established rappers of today.

PDXFonz likes this.
  8. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Funny you say that because he is actually spitting over one of Drakes beats.

I think much of his album was solid, but some of his first work on SoundCloud definitely was s few steps behind his recent work.

BlazerCaravan likes this.
  9. Shaboid

Shaboid Well-Known Member

Well when you get a $140 mill contract extension, you get to upgrade your studio. Good stuff though for sure.

PDXFonz and SlyPokerDog like this.
  10. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

Dude probably has a Yeti Blue and everything...