Warriors 98 @ Wolves 95

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Warriors 98 @ Wolves 95!!!!

Warriors (9-9) @ Wolves(11-8)
    Tuesday, Dec. 9
    7:00 pm

<font size="3">Preview by <font color="Blue">Rudeezy</font> and <font color="Red">twolvesfan11</font></font>

<u>Probable Starters</u>

[​IMG][​IMG]Nick Van Exel/Sam Cassell
    [​IMG][​IMG]J-Rich/Latrell Sprewell
    [​IMG][​IMG]Mike Dunleavy/Trenton Hassell
    [​IMG][​IMG]Clifford Robinson/Kevin Garnett
    [​IMG][​IMG]Erick Dampier/Michael Olowokandi

<u>Match-up overview by <font color="Red">twolvefan11</font></u>

Erick Dampier vs. Michael Olowokandi/Ervin Johnson
    Dampier wins this one right now because Olowokandi is injured and probably wouldn't play many minutes. And Johnson isn't that good to begin with, but he can guard the post pretty good. So it's basically the front court taking on Dampier. We'll see how he does with Garnett guarding him most of the game.

Kevin Garnett vs. Clifford Robinson
    KG wins this one hands down. Robinson won't matter much in this game, but we'll see how good he can play defense against him.

Trenton Hassell vs. Mike Dunleavy
    This will be a good matchup. Dunleavy can score 15+ a game, but Hassell can play great defense. This might be a key matchup in the game.

Latrell Sprewell vs. Jason Richardson
    This is another good matchup. Both could go off any night, but Sprewell gets the advantage in this one because of his defense. Richardson might be good, but Sprewell is just to good for him and to quick. We'll see how either of them fair in this game.

Sam Cassell vs. Nick Van Exel
    This is probably going to be the best matchup of the night. Both can play offense extremely well, both can play defense very good. To me, there is no clear cut winner in this one, and I see both doing very well in this game.

<u>Warriors keys to the game by <font color="Blue">Rudeezy</font></u>

The Warriors have to get out and run against the Wolves. They must force the Wolves to play at a frenzy pace. The Wolves are too good in the half court game and have too many favorable match-ups against the Warriors. Dampier will be key to a Warriors victory. He must own the paint and get the Warriors as many second chance opportunities as possible while limiting the Wolves. If the Warriors keep it close till the end, Van Exel could be the man to put the game away.

<u>Timberwolves keys to the game by <font color="Red">twolvesfan11</font></u>

Shut down their backcourt. Van Exel and Richardson are a dangerous duo who can light it up at anytime. Cassell and Sprewell will have to be at the top of their game for this one. And as in every game this season, we must grab rebounds. Garnett can't do everything out their, send another body in there to help get some boards. We will win almost every game when we lead each team in boards.

<u><font color="Blue">Rudeezy's</font> Prediction</u>

I have to give this one to the Wolves. They are playing good basketball and will be too much for the Warriors at home. The Warriors will keep it close but will be too much in the end.

Wolves by 8.

<u><font color="Red">twolvesfan11's</font> Prediction</u>

Timberwolves 94
    Warriors 89

2. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

I dont know, Dampier could have a field day on the boards against the T-wolves week inside even if Kandiman plays. the Wolves have lost to teams that arent as good as them mainly cause of rebounding. Ostertag had 20reb game ,earlier in the season, in a win against the Wolves (Utah won)& Kandiman played. Dikembi Motumbo also had a big game 17pts&18rebs(in a win) vs the T-wolves. Those player arent exactly amongest the big man elite. I think that if your back court of Van Excel & Richardson(which is g-state's strong point) can match Cassell/Spree(which is the t-wolves strongest point other than KG) than g-state stands a good chance of getting a W. Because the game now focuses on the inside play & due to injury & the t-wolves lack of size g-state has an edge. Uncle Cliffy vs KG is a huge match too. Cliff Robinson has to get in the mid-teens in points to try and neutralize that matchup somewhat. G-State most def win the matchup of benches, everybody on the T-wolves bench of importance is injured. look for Ervin Johnson to play alot on Eric Dampier. Eric should really out play EJ/Kandiman

3. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

VERY good points, but the Warriors have played very poorly on the road only going 1-5. With the Timberwolves looking better lately, I think their going to take this one by 5-10. Warriors tend to make a lot of mistakes, and that's how sometimes they let games go. It could be a close game though, you've convinced me by those points you made, but I'm just calling out my prediction. [​IMG]

4. Rudeezy

Henacy- Those are some great points that you brought up. Dampier should have a monster game. But I also agree with purple; the Wolves will be too much at home. The Warriors have been inconsistent on the road but they have played well. A 2 point loss to the Kings, 1 point loss to the Rockets. If they can play better down the stretch they will have a good chance of coming out with a W.

5. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

Wolves by 10+. They have no answer to KG.

6. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting InNETSweTrust:</div><div class="quote_post">They have no answer to KG.</div>Who does?

7. InNETSweTrust

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Who does?</div>

Spurs? [​IMG]

8. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting InNETSweTrust:</div><div class="quote_post">Spurs? [​IMG]</div>Try again.

[​IMG]

9. Rudeezy

Tonights the big night. I smell an upset. [​IMG]

10. InNETSweTrust

hahaha!

There will be no upset!

11. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting InNETSweTrust:</div><div class="quote_post">hahaha!

There will be no upset!</div>I'll have the last laugh!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

Good luck tonight Rudeezy(your going to need it!) j/k

13. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting twolvefan11:</div><div class="quote_post">Good luck tonight Rudeezy(your going to need it!) j/k</div>Thanks. We will need it.[​IMG]

14. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

It's close right now, don't sleep! :mrgreen: If Warriors can tighten this game up by the end of the 3rd, they will have a chance to win it.

YES!! Nice shot Cardinal, this one is going down to the end! :thumbsup:

15. Rudeezy

The Wolves are up by one with about 9 minutes left in the third quater. The Warriors are shooting horrible yet they are still very much in the game. They defense is keeping them in this one.

The Warriors could steal this one if they keep it close till the end but then KG can take over. I would be more comfortable with a little cushion.[​IMG]

16. twolvefan11

Wolves are up 83-82 in the 4th quarter with 7:45 remaining. Wow, the Warriors are putting up a good fight.

17. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting twolvefan11:</div><div class="quote_post">Wolves are up 83-82 in the 4th quarter with 7:45 remaining. Wow, the Warriors are putting up a good fight.</div>My Warriors still getting no respect. They will soon enough.

Its Van Exel time![​IMG]

18. twolvefan11

I think its about time to release Garnett from his cage. As of right now he has 33 points and 14 rebounds with about a minute remaining. It's all tied up.

19. Rudeezy

Richardson hits a 3 with .02 left on the clock!!!!!

Warriors WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my upset![​IMG]

20. twolvefan11

Great. Just great. Good game Warriors, but next time you won't get so lucky.... Can't wait for next time.