Warriors Had KG On Draft Night But Communication Killed Deal?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by .cabangbang, Jul 17, 2007.

1. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Mercury News - According sources close to Tim Kawakami of the Mercury News, the Warriors, Timberwolves and Bobcats had a tentative deal (or deals) in place–some sources lean hard on the tentative part–at some point during the early part of the first round that would’ve: -Sent Kevin Garnett and Troy Hudson to the Warriors; -Sent Jason Richardson to Charlotte; -Sent a whole bunch of stuff to Minnesota, including Al Harrington (probably), Monta Ellis (probably), future picks, and the rights to Al Thornton (selected with Charlotte’s No. 8 overall pick); -Added in a bunch of other salary-cap fillers here and there to make sure the money worked. Heading into the start of the draft, Charlotte had a pre-existing agreement with Mullin to select Brandan Wright (or Yi Jianlian, Mike Conley Jr., Corey Brewer, Jeff Green or any of the Obvious Top Three Guys) then trade his rights for Richardson. That’s the absolute confirmed truth. The mythos says that Charlotte knew the Warriors originally told them to take Wright, and that Charlotte never got word that the deal was being officially altered because of the Garnett addition, so Charlotte… took Wright. Which, supposedly, killed the Minnesota part of the deal because, supposedly, Minnesota wanted Thornton, period.</div>www.mercextra.com/blogs/kawakami I'm completely confused. I don't want to move Ellis or Biedrins in any KG deal. So part of me is happy that this didn't go down. But the part of the deal I do not understand is why Minny wanted Thornton more than Wright. There is also a possibility that the T-Wolves wanted Noah instead of any of these players:<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>"Victor Says: July 17th, 2007 at 11:06 am The T-Wolves wanted Noah with the 8th pick, not Wright and not Thornton. That?s why the deal collapsed. That?s why it could not be resurrected on draft night because Chicago were delighted that Noah fell to them at 9 and were not interested in giving him up. Otherwise, I believe you are spot on Tim. Marc Stein said as much (about Wolves wanting Noah in the KG deal on draft day) on Jim Rome?s radio show yesterday. "</div>That's a response from someone on the article page

2. The Lefty

The Lefty BBW Elite Member

Why would anyone want Noah?

3. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Lefty @ Jul 17 2007, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Why would anyone want Noah?</div> I don't know. Seven feet tall, athletic, quick, 2-time Champion, plays like his ass is on fire.

4. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Jul 17 2007, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't know. Seven feet tall, athletic, quick, 2-time Champion, plays like his ass is on fire.</div>Hahahaha. The Lefty gets the worst poster of the day award.