Warriors/Pacers 8 Man Trade?

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Ming637, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

I just heard on the Dan Patrick show that the Warriors and Pacers annouced a deal that would be later be announced today. All I remember who was included:

Warriors trade:

Troy Murphy
    and 3 other players.

Pacers:

Stephen Jackson
    Al Harrington
    Saruna Jasickevious
    and somebody else

Can anybody confirm this?

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2733891

Confirmed. It's official.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Golden State Warriors have agreed to trade Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy, Ike Diogu and Keith McLeod to the Indiana Pacers for Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson, Sarunas Jasikevicius and Josh Powell, NBA front-office sources tell ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

The trade is scheduled to be announced later Wednesday.</div>

3. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

Wow, I hadn't even heard any rumors or anything.

This is huge for both teams and it should be interesting to see how both teams are affected.

4. Shapecity

Warrior fans should be thrilled to unload Dunleavy and Murphy in one move.

The players the Warriors are getting back fit more into the style Don Nelson likes to play. The Warriors get more athletic with Harrington and SJax, and Sarunas is a gunner from the outside.

I really like this deal for the Warriors, but it's going to take some time to incorporate everyone into Nelson's system.

5. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

In before CR2 blasts Mullin and goes into another state of depression for getting Al Harrington...

BTW, when Mullin make moves you dont hear about it. That is why I dont listen to trade rumors anymore...

I dont know who the other players are, but I am happy to get a big guy in Harrington AND unload Dunleavy and Murphy. Good luck to them in the future. Any word on how this effects our salary cap issues and makes room to resign Pietrus, Biedrens and Monta?

I am not thrilled about getting a thug in Jackson UNLESS he plays well and is a good boy. I am also not thrilled about giving up Ike, but I guess I would rather trade Ike, than Monta...

6. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

Wow, I guess that one good Clipper game was enough to impress Bird.

I seriously hope that Dunleavy and Murphy and Diogu do well in Indiana though.

I think the team got better, but not that much better. I don't like SJax much but he's better fit for this system.

How long are the contracts? That is what I'm most concerned about.

7. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

WOW

Jax is going to be so happy with this move. Welcome back to the west bud.

8. Shapecity

<u>Salary Breakdown</u>

SJax - $6.1M (current) contract ends at $7.65M in 2009/2010
    Harrington - $7.6M (current) contract ends at $10M in 2009/2010
    Sarunas - $4M (current) ends at $4M next season
    Powell - $744K ends this year

Both SJax and Harrington end a year earlier than Dunleavy and Murphy, plus they both make less. The Warriors will save roughly $2M per season with this move.

9. Warriorfansnc93

I dont know what to think. I know we probably got better in the short term, but I am not sure if this is the answer we needed. I know Sjax is very athletic and pretty big so he could be our new SF we needed. I know Harrington is big and fairly athletic. I thought he was a better scorer though? I said I would trade Murphy for anything that would give us cap relief or a decent player in return. Dunleavy, I dont know, I thought he played well for us, but I think in the long run anyone is better than him. I really dont know about the other 2 "scrubs"...

10. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">shapecity Wrote</div><div class="quote_post"><u>Salary Breakdown</u>

SJax - $6.1M (current) contract ends at $7.65M in 2009/2010
    Harrington - $7.6M (current) contract ends at $10M in 2009/2010
    Sarunas - $4M (current) ends at $4M next season
    Powell - $744K ends this year

Both SJax and Harrington end a year earlier than Dunleavy and Murphy, plus they both make less. The Warriors will save roughly $2M per season with this move.</div>

The only way this helps us is that the contracts end a year sooner or something? Oh well, beggars cant be choosers. Welcome to the team, now get us into the playoffs![​IMG]

11. Shapecity

How can anyone Warrior fan not be excited about bringing in another Sarunas to Golden State?

I'm still trying to figure out why Indiana made this trade. Rick Carlisle is going to be pulling his hair out trying to teach Duns and Murph to play defense.

12. rafy

rafy JBB JustBBall Member

Indiana just got violated. Wow. You guys should feel really lucky. Jeeze, this changes things. Warriors become a playoff team, definitely.

13. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">shapecity Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">How can anyone Warrior fan not be excited about bringing in another Sarunas to Golden State?

I'm still trying to figure out why Indiana made this trade. Rick Carlisle is going to be pulling his hair out trying to teach Duns and Murph to play defense.</div>

Evidentally not anymore than Harrington. From what I have heard Indy fans have not been satisfied with him mainly because of his defense. Is he a poor man's version of Jamison? The only reason I am excited is we got big black guys instead of big white stiffs.

[​IMG]

14. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">rafy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Indiana just got violated. Wow. You guys should feel really lucky. Jeeze, this changes things.</div>

Yeah, this seems like it is a good move. I guess we will see if this in on the same level as when we got Baron. He has worked out very well. I know Baron and Jrich were pushing hard to get Harrington here. Now they should be happy and it looks like we got an exact clone of Pietrus in Sjax once he bolts this offseason. This will make losing him not hurt so bad except that Sjax's attitude is not as cool as Pietrus'. He will be missed. Maybe we can pull a sign and trade for a good back up PG or something...

15. boogiescott

boogiescott JBB JustBBall Member

Wow so what is the starting line upnow and in the future with j-rich's return?

C beans
    4 harrington
    3 jackson
    2 ellis
    1 baron

pietrus, barnes, foyle, sarunus, AZ, POB, Zarko and the new guy Major

What does this mean for MP with JAckson most likely starting 3 .... will we resign him?

Also BArnes

Is this the end for AZ with us?

Well we shaved off 3 years in contracts ..

harrington, jackson 3 years left, sarunus 1 ...powell free agent

murphy, dunleavy had 4 yrs, ike 2 .... mcleod free agent

So we certainly get tougher and more athletic with this deal.... Just REally Hate to see IKE go..... but to get rid of both murph and dun..... could be well worth it.

What happens when J-rich gets back ?

16. Shapecity

<div class="quote_poster">Warriorfansnc93 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Evidentally not anymore than Harrington. From what I have heard Indy fans have not been satisfied with him mainly because of his defense. Is he a poor man's version of Jamison? The only reason I am excited is we got big black guys instead of big white stiffs.

[​IMG]</div>

Al Harrington doesn't have a high basketball IQ. He's not the ideal player for running halfcourt sets and put in a position to make decisions with the basketball. However, in the open court game, Harrington can fill up the lanes and finish with the best of them.

SJax has a bad reputation because of his off the court antics, but SJax is a talented player and underrated defender. He's very good at backing his defender in the post and scoring on him. He'll add a new dimension to the Warrior's offense.

The Warriors can probably make the claim of having the most athletic team in the league. They are loaded with versatile forwards.

17. bronbron23

bronbron23 JBB JustBBall Member

Wow this is amazing this come out of nowhere I just read it on Realgm!
    I don't like to see Diogu go but Harrington and Stephen Jackson coming not bad I think they're better that Murphy and Dunleavy. What will the lineup look like?
    GS are going to be Jammed at the wing Richardson, Barnes and Jackson. I can see a really long process for them to gel together. GS got the beter side of the deal IMO

18. Ryan

Ryan BBW Member

I definately think this is a playoff team now. Sarunas is a quality backup PG, plus he's pretty big so he should be able to play well with Monta-guarding the 2 while Ellis takes the PG. It will be interesting to see what happens with J-Rich. Does he lose a starting spot when he comes back or can he beat out SJax or even Ellis? I'm a little scared becuase Harrington played some center in Indy and I really hope Nelson doesn't plan on doing that here.

19. Warriorfansnc93

New starting lineup starting whenever the players are available will probably have to be

Baron
    Ellis
    Sjax
    Harrington
    Beans

MP gets pushed to the bench possibly in favor of Jackson.

Bench looks solid. I am really happy to get rid of Mcleod.

Sarunas
    AZ
    Pietrus
    Barnes
    Foyle

Wow, we lost 2 or 3 of our PF and that was the position we were weakest at. I guess we traded quantity for quality. The only good thing Indy gets out of this deal is a real promising albeit small PF in Diogu, getting rid of Sjax who was not happy there and Dunleavy if he can play as well as he had for the last year. Murph if healthy can also be a double/double guy.

20. Ryan

Ryan BBW Member

Assuming Jackson and Ellis get the 2 starting wing spots, the Warriors second unit (when healthy) will be Sarunas, JRich, MP, Barnes, and Foyle.

We really won't lose that much when the backups are in