Warriors Purchasing DLeague 'Wizards'

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Shapecity, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Source: Contra Costa Times

2. Marciulionis For Prez!

Marciulionis For Prez! New Member

Not a bad move, this. I'm wondering if a lockout would affect the D-League from operating. Of course draft picks couldn't play, but what about people without NBA contracts? (Unless a D-League contract is still considered one). But yeah, not a bad move, not only for developing and finding players, but probably developing/finding future coaches as well.

3. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Kind of cool but I don't see any real big advantage to this. We can control the personnel and staff of the team and tell them what system to run and who to play but its really not all that different from just being affiliated with an NBA team.

I wonder if Lacob did this in part to kiss Stern's ass. The D-League has been a bit of a pet project for Stern who wants the D-League to become legit and compete for non-NBA talent with foreign leagues.

4. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I like this move.

It's a good way to punish players that aren't contributing immediately just like in baseball j/k

It's nice, but wish they were closer to the bay area so we can actually be able to watch these games.

5. i hate the warriors

i hate the warriors Slingboxing from LONDON

Apparently, the contract with Bismarck ends after this season, at which point they will move the franchise to San Jose.

No matter how you look at it, you can't say it's a bad move...might not be a great move, we'll have to see, but I like what I'm seeing from Lacob. He seems to be cutting no corners in his route to success. Lets just hope we get to watch 82 games this season.

6. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Sweet. If they move to the bay, I might be down to watch some minor league basketball.