Warriors @ Suns: PREVIEW

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Warriors(6-7) @ Suns(6-7)
    Friday, Nov. 28
    6:00 pm

<u>Warriors Probable Starters</u>
    PG: Nick Van Exel
    SG: Jason Richardson
    SF: Mike Dunleavy
    PF: Clifford Robinson
    C: Erick Dampier

<u>Suns Probable Starters</u>
    PG: Stephon Marbury
    SG: Joe Johnson
    SF: Shawn Marrion
    PF: Amare Stoudemire
    C: Jahidi White

<u>Key Match-Up</u>
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Both of these guys are capable of exploding offensively on any given night. If Dunleavy is on, he is hard to stop. Dunleavy will also have to focus on containing Marrion. He is one of the most explosive player in the NBA and can't lose this match-up.

<u>Warriors</u>
    The Warriors are coming off a very impressive win over the Portland Trailblazers even without NVE and Troy Murphy. NVE is probable for this game, the Warriors will need his shooting and craftiness as they battle the suns. If Warriors could hold the fort down and hang around .500 until Murphy, NVE, and foyle all come back they will be in great shape. Dampier must continue his dominance inside and J-Rich must continue to be the go-to-guy for the Warriors to come out with a W.

<u>Suns</u>
    They have had a slow start to the season. They were just crushed by the Nuggets and are facing the Mavs tonite. This will be a big mental test for them. Will they continue to falter or will they pick it up against a team that is plagued with injuries?

<u>Rudeezy's prediction</u>
    I'm going to go with the Warriors on the road. The Suns are stuggling while the Warriors are playing good basketball. Warriors by 6.

2. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Suns will be dangerous on the rebound, but Warriors are playing some nice ball. If Nick plays I'll tip GS in a close one, but realistically could go either way.

3. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">Suns will be dangerous on the rebound, but Warriors are playing some nice ball. If Nick plays I'll tip GS in a close one, but realistically could go either way.</div>It really is a tossup, but I am a wishful thinker.[​IMG] I love these match-ups against Seatle, Grizz, Suns...so evenly balanced teams. Always makes for a good game.

4. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Hello, is Marion even going to play, let alone be in the key matchup, lol.

5. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">Hello, is Marion even going to play, let alone be in the key matchup, lol.</div>Hi, and he was on the depth chart that I checked. You could give us some info on this if you know it instead of just being sarcastic.

6. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Suns just beat the Mavs by 30, 7 guys in double figures.

7. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Hi, and he was on the depth chart that I checked. You could give us some info on this if you know it instead of just being sarcastic.</div>

Do some better research before you post, Marion injured his ankle in the first few minutes of the game before this and did not return.

Check NBA.com and ESPN.com before you start these threads, make sure to watch the highlights too, they will give you information on injuries as well.

8. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

With an extra's day rest Marion should be able to play on friday.He was a game time decision it said last night but decided not to play and the fact Zarko has got injuried he might need to play with the lack of depth at his position.

9. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

Yes, if Marion does not play there will be a severe lack of depth for the Suns at SF. I'm thinking they will try lineups of Steph/JJ/Penny/Amare/Scot Williams. If not they will just plug in Jacobsen to fill for the lost guys. The Suns were still able to blow out the Mavs without Marion and Zarko (well, for all but 29 minutes of the game atleast), so hopefully they can keep this up. The Warriors defense has been impressive this year, a couple notches above last years, so they can force the Suns into some difficulties.

Look for Eric Dampier to have a good game both scoring and rebounding (like has all season) wise. If anyone should take over it should be him against the Suns frontcourt.

On the opposite end, the Warriors really don't have anyone to guard Amare either. Cliff? Amare can overpower him. Dampier? Amare can blow by him.

Marbury needs to keep up what he has been doing the past 4 games, get in double digits for assists. He has four straight double-doubles with assists.

Rudeezy, how are the Suns struggling as of late when they have won four of their last five?

10. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">Do some better research before you post, Marion injured his ankle in the first few minutes of the game before this and did not return.

Check NBA.com and ESPN.com before you start these threads, make sure to watch the highlights too, they will give you information on injuries as well.</div>It was a sprained ankle dude, not a broken leg.lol

Thanks for the info allnet, I also heard he would be playing on Friday....which is bad news for the Warriors.

11. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sunsfan1357:</div><div class="quote_post">Look for Eric Dampier to have a good game both scoring and rebounding (like has all season) wise. If anyone should take over it should be him against the Suns frontcourt.</div>Yes, the key this year for the Warriors has been Erick Dampier's play. He keeps them in the game with his dominance in the paint.<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Cliff is a very crafty defender. But he is older and not as strong as Amare, tough match-up for the Warriors. Cliff does shoot the ball well from the outside and Amare will have to guard him out there also.

12. Rudeezy

The suns are coming off a VERY impressive win over the Mavs, to say the least. They have won their last 4 home games while the Warriors are 0-4 on the road so far this season. Hopefully it is a great game. My coach decided to have a 7pm practice tonite for some reason so I will be unable to see it. I will have to settle for highlights. I'll post a recap and box score when I return.

13. Rudeezy

Post Game
    The Warriors, as I predicted, got the W tonite against the Suns. I only got to watch the first quarter when the Warriors jumped out to the big lead. They lead from start to finish. Van Exel hit clutch shots, the reason we got him. All around great win for the Warriors.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Golden State Warriors finally won a road game.

Jason Richardson scored 25 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to lift the Warriors to their first road win of the season, a 92-83 triumph over the Phoenix Suns.

Mike Dunleavy added 16 points and Nick Van Exel had 12 in his return to the lineup for Golden State. Van Exel missed three games due to pain in his left knee and came off the bench in this one.

Speedy Claxton, who replaced Van Exel in the starting lineup, chipped in 12 points as the Warriors halted a four-game road losing streak.

Penny Hardaway led Phoenix with 16 points and Casey Jacobsen and Stephon Marbury each added 14, but the Suns had a five-game home winning streak snapped.

Golden State scored the game's first six points and never looked back. Phoenix missed 10 of its first 11 shots and finished at 37 percent (30-of-82) from the field. </div>

recap

box score

14. sunsfan1357

No Marion. No Zarko. No good SF. No win.

15. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sunsfan1357:</div><div class="quote_post">No Marion. No Zarko. No good SF. No win.</div>Yes, excuses can always be made.[​IMG]

Seriously though, you're right. Those are two key guys on this team. You could also make the case for the Warrior's injuries as well, but the depth and heart have overcome.

16. sunsfan1357

Yeah, it's great how the Warriors just continue to show that they aren't to be taken lightly. Also, with Marion and Zarko out the other guys have to find ways to step up and no one did really. Amare was in foul trouble so he couldn't take advantage of the mismatches he can create and that put the Suns in an even deeper hole.