Warriors vs. Bulls Nov. 9, 2005 (FSN 5:30)

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Custodianrules2, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<font size="4">Golden State Warriors (3-1</font><font size="4">) at </font><font size="4">Chicago bulls</font><font size="4"> (1-2</font><font size="4">)</font>

Golden State Warriors (Road: 2-0)

[​IMG]
    <font size="1">

</font> PG - Baron "Bdiddy" Davis
    SG - Jason "Jrich" Richardson
    SF - Mike Dunleavy Jr.
    PF - Troy Murphy
    C - Adonal 'O.D." Foyle

Chicago Bulls (Home: 1-1)

[​IMG]

PG - Kirk Hinrich
    SG - Ben Gordon
    SF - Luol Deng
    PF - Mike Sweetney
    C - Tyson Chandler

Quick Recap

The Warriors win on the road against a quality team was a good sign, even though the Bucks managed to come back within striking distance. Do the Warriors have the legs tonight after playing yesterday? Back to back games can be tough, especially on the road. Let's hope Pietrus and the rest of the bench can perform if the starters are too tired.

The Bulls may be a different team this season without Curry to pound it into inside for 16 points per game, but they've found a nice low post scoring player in Mike Sweetney who may be an upgrade in terms of rebounding and in other areas. They also have successful college two-guard to NBA point guard, Kirk Hinrich, who has shown signs of being an elite point guard in the NBA. He is a well balanced, fundamentally sound basketball player that has some aspects of Steve Nash and Sam Casell in his game. He can run offense using a combo of size, quickness, ballhandling, shooting touch (albeit low fg%'s), courtvision, and passing ability. He's also very good defensively which is important when guarding the other team's ballhandler. Ben Gordon, who was sixth man of the year last year, was the first rookie to win that award and looks to start. If he starts at two guard, he'll be something like a Gilbert Arenas only a tad more athletic, more under control, better defense and arguably just as clutch in the 4th quarter. If he isn't starting, Chris Duhon plans to play point while Hinrich plays his old shooting guard position or Hinrich will start at point guard while Deng plays shooting guard. Luol Deng is a sophmore small forward that packs a high basketball I.Q., and all-around game, versatility and lots of scoring and passing ability. He could be described as a Dunleavy-like player, but not as good of a three-point shooter and a much better post player. He is pretty decent moving laterally, but he is not a great athlete, nor is he that strong when compared to other NBA players. Tyson Chandler is the oldest bull starting in the roster and he looks to set the tone defensively by playing with heart and going after rebounds, dunking and blocking shots. The Bulls bench looks great in the backcourt with possible Chris Duhon or Ben Gordon coming off the bench. They also have Eddie Basden, a shooting guard, who could be a great defensive player. Andres Noccioni is also a strong, aggressive defensive player. Othella Harrington is a nice backup at power forward. Eric Piatakowski is a good shooter. Tim Thomas and Darius Songaila are good SF/PF in certain aspects. The Bulls look like a team that could set the tone defensively if they work hard.

Keys to Victory

. Don't turn the ball over, play physical, move the ball, box out, hit those free throws, and don't let the long ball lead to easy fastbreaks going the other way. Use the Warriors' depth and size to outlast the Bulls. Take advantage of the fact that the Bulls have very few shotblockers or any true centers.

Have Jrich post up Ben Gordon/Kirk Hinrich anytime they gets on the floor at the two-guard position. If Luol Deng plays the shooting guard, have Pietrus or Jrich take him off the dribble or post him up. Baron vs. Hinrich should be an interesting matchup at point and the fact both teams have a variety of players they can throw in at point guard from the bench. Given the fact the Warriors have been playing small for the last couple of games, it should be an even matchup. Let's hope the Warriors' legs are there tonight because if the perimeter game ain't falling and isolations aren't working we'll have to toughen our defense and move without the ball to get closer shots or better looks at the rim. I think the Bulls are a bit better defensively, while the Warriors are a bit better offensively. Let's hope the Bulls' small forward depth doesn't lead to one of them getting a career high against one of our small forwards. Let's not play matador defense in front of the bulls or give them easy layups or three point plays.

Notes

2. YayAreaFanatic

YayAreaFanatic JBB JustBBall Member

Thanks CR2. It seems that the Bulls will be starting Duhon, Hinrich, Nocioni, Songalia, and Chandler. Duhon is currently listed as a game time decision, according to the game notes (http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/notes.pdf).

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "custodianrules2":</div><div class="quote_post">Back to back games can be tough, especially on the road. Let's hope Pietrus and the rest of the bench can perform if the starters are too tired.</div>

The W's have always struggled with back to back games, J-Rich especially. We'll have to see how J-Rich responds after exerting alot of effort guarding Redd last night. However, after much talk about his dropoffs in the 2nd game of back to backs, J-Rich responded with an outstanding performance in San Antonio on December 18. He had 25 points against Houston the night before responded with 22 points and 10 rebounds.

With J-Rich going against Duhon, Gordon, and Hinrich, 6'1, 6'3, and 6'1 respectively, I'm hoping he takes on Monty's challenge to re-establish himself as the best rebounding guard and equals or trumps his 14 rebounds from last night.

The Bulls are a young and up and coming team, just like the Bucks, but I like the Warrior's chances right now. Let's hope the D continues and the offense continues to click. Let's also hope the W's can get into a running game, and maybe, just maybe Mike D. forgot to shave and grows his good luck mustache out. I swear he played better with that mess on his lips. Maybe it distracted his opponent.

Go W's.

3. jzblaze

jzblaze JBB JustBBall Member

control the boards and make our free throws and I think we'll be in great shape

4. Custodianrules2

NP YayArea. I forgot to mention that I think the key matchup will be how well Murphy will play tonight against Tyson Chandler if we do go small with Dunleavy at power forward/Murphy at center.

If we don't do that lineup then I can see an interesting battle going on between 6'3 point guards. Baron is obviously the better guy even with the tight hamstring, but it should be interesting. Dunleavy vs. Deng should be another matchup that will be interesting because both are packing very similar all-around games and versatility. I remember I had Deng in my fantasy lineup last year and he was very reliable as a midrange shooter at 16ppg, decent rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks type of guy in the very beginning. He could be a factor in tonight's game. Ben Gordon might be another guy that could go off, but I think the bigger guard, Jason Richardson,could limit his production by posting him up every chance he gets. Easy buckets when you can shoot over the smaller guy and protect the ball with your body. It could potentially force those double teams and set up other guys for wide open shots, so let's hope Murphy's legs are there or Dunleavy finally steps up. If not, the only good catch and shoot shooters are Fisher and Zarko and possibly Pietrus.

5. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

This game better not be on fsn plus again, damn Comcast.

6. Todd$haw

Todd$haw JBB JustBBall Member

Wow!! we can actually win 3 in a row on the road. Good analysis Custodian!! I hope we don't come out sluggish. I would love it if the Warriors came out with intensity.

7. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

I want to see Miles school Hinrich

8. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Dunleavy off to another slow start offensively....

but he got 3 boards in the first 2 mins.

9. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

Crap, Richardson is hurt. At least it doesn't look that seriously...

10. Todd$haw

Todd$haw JBB JustBBall Member

I'm gonna kaka in my pants...Jay rich just rolled his ankle. I hope he can walk it off. dang!!!

11. openglfx

openglfx JBB JustBBall Member

Man, how the *bleep* is Chandler stepping on J-Rich's ankle not a foul.

12. Custodianrules2

Pietrus nails the "oh what the hell" shot. [​IMG]

13. Custodianrules2

Jrich has rolled his ankle a bunch of times, i'm more worried if it's a fracture. Luckily Chandler doesn't weigh anything for being 7 foot 1. Still, Jrich should have it x-rayed. I hope I don't speak too soon but with Pietrus in there, I'm pretty confident he'll do well in Jrich's place. I mean it's not like Dunleavy who will hit two shots and miss all of them. You give two shots to Pietrus, he'll nail them. If Dun wants to start the game off early it's best for him to start something from midrange first.

14. Kwan1031

At least, its good thing that Chandler stepped on Richardson's foot. If Richardson's stepped on his foot, who knows what could happen? Pietrus is picking up Richardson's production...

15. Custodianrules2

Nice save by Fish and nice dunk by Taft! I know the rim in Chicago has a distinctive sound to it, but it sounded pretty cool when Taft just threw it down over a chicago player.

and Dunleavy finally hits a shot! wohooo!

I know Chicago has some good defenders out there, but not having that true center out there or any shotblock presence probably causes a lot of the smaller defenders to clog the lane to help out. This means the Warrior outside shooters get some very clean looks. All the guys with fresh legs have to knock those open jump shots down because it doesn't get any more open than that. When three guys rush the ballhandler going to the basket, it means some wide open guys have to step up.

16. Kwan1031

Richardson is coming back! And, Dunelavy has played rather well, considering that he only made one basket.

Wow, Sweetney looks like Traylor. Not that Murphy is a bulky player, but he looks extremely skinny when he stand near Sweetney...

17. BDiddyJRich

BDiddyJRich JBB JustBBall Member

The bench really held it down. Great play out of them.

18. openglfx

openglfx JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kwan1031:</div><div class="quote_post">Richardson is coming back! And, Dunelavy has played rather well, considering that he only made one basket.

Wow, Sweetney looks like Traylor. Not that Murphy is a bulky player, but he looks extremely skinny when he stand near Sweetney...</div>

Well, Murphy looks like he's in shape. As for Sweetney, he's sure deceptively smooth and quick.

19. Custodianrules2

See? Nothing to worry about with Jrich, if he was truly injured he would need help off the court. He's no Jamal Tinsley here, he's a tough guy.

Dunleavy has been doing all right outside of scoring. He dove on the floor, he's trying to block shots, he's rebounding and boxing out.

Sweetney could be a formidable scorer down low, but the guy gets so winded. He's just an out of shape kind of guy. I think he and Boston's Al Jefferson have had the same weight gain problems, but I think Jefferson might be in better shape than in years past.

20. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting openglfx:</div><div class="quote_post">As for Sweetney, he's sure deceptively smooth and quick.</div>
    Damn where have I heard that term before? [​IMG] Ike *cough* Dunleavy *cough*

I like Sweetney. I think he's got a few skills that most big men don't have or will never have. I think he's just got to cut down his weight and get some better stamina.

Man I'm really suprised that our defense has actually been pretty good. Everyone rotated where they were supposed to, they weren't falling into pump fakes or any stupid fouls. Is it because Murphy is out sitting with fouls?? I guess no matador defense for us until Murphy comes back in the game [​IMG] In all fairness, Murphy saved a basket by playing the passing lanes so he did a nice job with being aware on defense and he is sitting with three fouls which means he's trying.