Warriors vs. Hawks November 2nd (FSN) 7:30 PST

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by .cabangbang, Oct 29, 2005.

1. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

Warriors vs. Kings

Warriors Head Coach

[​IMG]

Mike Montgomery

Warriors Starting Lineup

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    PG: Baron Davis
    SG: Jason Richardson
    SF: Mike Dunleavy
    PF: Troy Murphy
    C: Adonal Foyle*

*Questionable

Warriors Key Bench Players

[​IMG]

Mickael Pietrus
    Projected Stats: 8 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assists

[​IMG]

Andris Biedrins
    Projected Stats: 6 points, 5 rebounds, 0 assists

Warriors Keys To Winning
    <ul>
    [*]Beat the Hawk's backcourt. JJ, Childress, Harrington, and J-Smoove are really really SF/SG's at heart and will be able to tear through the Warriors slow frontcourt. The Warriors need to shut down all ball movement over to the SF/PF area to win.
    [*]Crush the C spot. Andris Biedrins might start this game with Warriors regular C, Adonal Foyle, questionable to Nov. 2 game. Either way, the Warriors should be able to beat the Hawks lone center Zaza Pauchilla.[/list]Warriors MVP
    [​IMG]
    Baron Davis
    Projected Stats: 22 points, 6 rebounds, 7 assists

Hawks Head Coach

[​IMG]
    Mike Woodson

Kings Starting Lineup

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    PG: Joe Johnson
    SG: Josh Childress
    SF: Josh Smith
    PF: Al Harrington
    C: Zaza Pauchilla

Hawks Key Bench Player

[​IMG]

Marvin Williams
    Prjected Stats: 7 points, 5 rebound, 2 assists

Hawks Keys To Winning
    <ul>
    [*]Contain Davis. Baron Davis is the Warriors center-piece. If the Hawks stop him, the ball movement is lost and the Warriors will be shut down.
    [*]Use the speed at the PF spot. Troy Murphy is a below-average defender and Al Harrington's speed needs to come in handy tonight to shut him down.[/list]
    Hawks MVP
    [​IMG]
    Joe Johnson
    Projected Stats: 16 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists

Prediction

Watch Al Harrington to explode on Troy Murphy tonight. The Warriors backcourt will make some noise for their home opener this year and will get 50 points combined. Andris Biedrins will have a good night against Zaza Pauchilla tonight and get feeds from the Baron. Joe Johnson will prove that he is the Hawks leader tonight and get 7 assists. A close game overall, but nonetheless. 102 to 95 Warriors.

2. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

You mean Nov. 2?

3. lessthanjake

lessthanjake JBB JustBBall Member

I think the you are underestimating Zaza Pachulia. he's a lot better that you are giving him credit for...

4. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kwan1031:</div><div class="quote_post">You mean Nov. 2?</div>

I fixed it man. AP you have to slow down buddy and check your work to make sure it makes sense [​IMG]

5. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting lessthanjake:</div><div class="quote_post">I think the you are underestimating Zaza Pachulia. he's a lot better that you are giving him credit for...</div>

ZaZa has looked great in preseason. We'll see how he turns out on the opener. He could be a lock for a double double, a few steals, and a block.

6. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

The Hawks frontcourt D should be pretty weak,their backcourt could be a step slow compared to Baron-J rich,Warriors need to be aggressive and run. If we are firing 3's we waste the edge.

Zaza may be an improvement but not intimidating...Poodles get named Zaza.

7. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting REREM:</div><div class="quote_post">The Hawks frontcourt D should be pretty weak,their backcourt could be a step slow compared to Baron-J rich,Warriors need to be aggressive and run. If we are firing 3's we waste the edge.

Zaza may be an improvement but not intimidating...Poodles get named Zaza.</div>
    Besides poodles, any B-Celebrity Hungarian women who live in Beverly Hills and slap police officers.

ZaZa is a pretty good defender in some areas I heard, but you're right he's probably as or less intimidating as Foyle (Foyle just isn't that rough and tumble as let's say Dampier, but he does bring the energy and shotblocking presence). Zaur ZaZa Pachulia will bring the post defense and bang around.

8. YayAreaFanatic

YayAreaFanatic JBB JustBBall Member

The Hawks are a very intruiging bunch. At any point in the game they can bring in a prototypical swingman...but not just one, FIVE. It would be interesting to see if they have Joe Johnson, Josh Childress, Josh Smith, Al Harrington, and Marvin Williams all out on the floor at the same time...

We've all been looking forward to this game since April. And now that its hear, well, I'm not sure about anyone else, but I feel a bit reserved to the fact that people have been singing the Warriors praises all offseason, yet, the preseason was a bit disappointing with a few injuries. Yesterday's Dunleavy news, which I think is good news, has some worried about the team's future next year and beyond.

The 2006 W's are definitely going to be alot more exciting then anything we've seen over the past 11 years. So, let's enjoy the present and see how this team stacks up. I don't expect a blistering start, but I do expect the team to continue to gel and get an identity of their own, instead of being known as the Phoenix Suns-lite.

On a side note, I'm not sure who else out there has HD, but I am sooo looking forward to watching this season on FSNHD... 61" of Barnett's love affair with Dun.

9. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Could we get a better opponent to start the season? Hawks at home. Man, thank you David Stern. Now if only the Warriors take care of business and smack the Hawks. Let Joe Johnson fire up his 30 shots and grab the rebounds and run.

10. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    Fyi...It also says Warriors vs Kings at the top of the post

11. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

12. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

13. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

I have practice tomorrow night at 8, I'm pissed. I'm gonna need a good recap when I get back.

14. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting philsmith75:</div><div class="quote_post">Could we get a better opponent to start the season? Hawks at home. Man, thank you David Stern. Now if only the Warriors take care of business and smack the Hawks. Let Joe Johnson fire up his 30 shots and grab the rebounds and run.</div>
    Dont be too cocky now. The Kings just got stomped by the Hornets.

15. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

That loss must've stung! Seems Speedy did well.

16. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

Speedy cut Kings apart in 2nd quarter and they never look back. Good to see Speedy doing just fine despite they drafted Paul. Man, Kings bench looked good in preseason, but they looked like a crap against Hornets. Hope we can shake subpar preseason performance and start rolling like end of last year...

17. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, as far as I am concerned the Warriors and Hawks are on the same level. We are both young teams that expect good things this season. I do expect us to blow them out though because I think we did last year...

18. CohanHater

Enterprise Architect
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I have practice tomorrow night at 8, I'm pissed. I'm gonna need a good recap when I get back.</div>

I'll be at the game. I can give a breakdown of what I saw when I get back

19. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CohanHater:</div><div class="quote_post">I'll be at the game. I can give a breakdown of what I saw when I get back</div>That would be sweet. I'll be looking foward to it.

If it goes anything like this suns/mavs game, I'll be back in time to watch the end. haha

20. CohanHater

Enterprise Architect
    Btw. The Good Guys just got bought out by CompUSA and are dumping inventory at selected stores. I suggest that people check it out to see if they can land a Tivo for cheap enough. I promise it's well worth the investment. If it means not going out to eat 2 times a month and just makin PB&Js then go for it. I have to work odd hours sometimes and I didn't miss a single game last year due to that investment.