Warriors vs Heat

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Warriorfansnc93, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Game is on right now in case yall didnt know

Warriors down by 10 at half 64-54. I am getting pissed at this team.

1. 5/14 from the line! My 6/7th grade basketball team shoots better than that

2. Ike cant get off the bench even though we have lost 3 players to injuries already this game and dont have a full squad with us! Come on Nelson!

That is all. I can handle the turnovers, but I can not handle missed FTs. You know what they are called FREE throws. They are FREE points. We are GIVING THEM FREE POINTS!

BTW refs suck, they are giving Wade every touch foul even when not getting touched...

2. Warriorfansnc93

Is anyone else watching this game?

That last posession was exactly what I was talking about. Baron faked wade out of his shoes, he lands all over Baron out at the 3pt line, NO CALL. Baron stood there and basically said you are not going to call that. He takes a couple of dribbles and sets up a screen with Ike and Ike gets called for a moving screen. Not 1 time has wade or mourning had a foul called on them. Then Wade comes down court and hits a 360 circus shot, did not get touched and he gets the foul and the bucket. Ridiculous....

3. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

Not watching the game. But I never expected Murphy and Dunleavy to get worse than last season, which they have somehow done. I didn't think it was possible.

4. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    I wish I saw this thread earlier. Yeah, I watched the game. Ooooooooooooooooo my head hurts. I need to get an aspirin.

Yeah, I was mad at the refs. They were giving all the calls for Wade. He was passing one time and they still gave him free throws.

5. Warriorfansnc93

I take back anything bad I have ever said about trading Baron after seeing this quote, especially if we start winning and he starts playing well as a result of this. I just hope it is not all talk...

Baron Davis
    On The Team's Recent Play
    ?Basically, I fault myself for the way we?ve been playing. I?ve got some personal issues going on off the court, family problems, and I?ve let them get in the way. We?ve talked about it, and I?m not going to let it happen again.?
    ?I take full responsibility for where we?re headed as a ballclub, and a large part of that was because I was going through some stuff, some family issues, and not being able to separate that from the court. But I?m tired of losing and us playing bad, so I think it?s just up to me to come back and work through this.?

?We?re all in it (together). We?ve just got to get back on the court and work, and that?s what we haven?t been doing, and that?s what I haven?t been doing. From this point on, we?re going to practice harder, we?re going to work out after practice, we?re going to shoot more as a team, we?re going to play better basketball. That?s pretty much it.?

?I think that it all starts with me, and as a leader of this team, I have to basically go back in the lab ? we all do ? and commit to turning this thing around. Coach Nelson has been great for us. He?s tried everything. But it comes from within.?

I hope everything works out for you Baron.[​IMG]

6. Gohn

Yeah, Baron's been great this year. Can't fault for him what he's done. He's singlehandedly kept this team close to five hundred.

It's not his fault. He needs to play his best every night for them to stay close. If he has an off night it's over.

Jrich, Murphy, and Dunleavy have played subpar from what they are capable of. Jrich has a good excuse because of his injury. Murphy has been injured with achilles and maybe that has affected him, made it harder for him to get into a groove. He can play better. Dunleavy has regressed this past couple of weeks, starting I think with the Miami game in Decemeber (I think he has only had one good game (for him at least) since and that was against Boston at home). The miami game came off the heals of the Orlando game where he made some lucky three point shots at the end. This was followed by a Miami game where he took like 16 shots and made very few. I think there is a correlation there. He thought maybe he was taking his game to the next step, except reality set in very soon that his game against Orlando was an aberration.

Can't really ask more from Monta, Biedrins, Pietrus, and Barnes have done this season. They've exceeded expectation.

Foyle has played about at the level he plays.

Ike has been disappointing. I have not been high on him this season, but I did expect more than what he has shown.

7. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

What happened to Pietrus? According to the box score he only played 28 seconds. Why is that? Did he get injured again?

8. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Clif25 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">What happened to Pietrus? According to the box score he only played 28 seconds. Why is that? Did he get injured again?</div>

Sprained ankle... and I was counting on him to give me the threes I need to beat you in fantasy! Curse these injuries!

9. Gohn

Yeah I think Pietrus was injured early in the first quarter. Yahoo Game recap says Pietrus sprained his left ankle. This was followed by Foyle spraining his right ankle in the second quarter.

Must be something about the Heat that cause the warriors to get injuries...

10. boogiescott

boogiescott JBB JustBBall Member

Just about the first play of the game. Pietrus beat Wade to the baseline only to get his foot stepped on by Wade causing his ankle to twist in a strange way. AFter writhing in pain for quite some time Foyle carried MP off the floor. Foyle later twisted his ankle and didnt return.

Our free throw shooting was pathetic when we could get to the line. This was a horribly reffed game. So many calls going to the Heat, well at least it seemed that way, though i think the Heat committed more fouls. AZ played well despite early foul trouble. Defensive rotations were slow. Once again we let the opponent dictate tempo.

Dunleavy played chicken sh*t ....missing two point blank shots and played scared all game. Murph actually showed a few seconds of life.
    Barnes pulled a little out of his shooting funk, but BArnes you are not good with the ball in your hands, dude, let others set you up.

I don't know what is up with Biedrins, the energy wasnt there, maybe Zo just was too strong in the paint for him.... Biedrins just disappeared this game.

Ike.... no minutes in first half ....at least got some floor time and started second half, oddly enough.

I think BAron's effort and AZ were the bright spots of this game and we got through it with only MP and Foyle getting injured, i kept waiting for Ellis or baron to go down.

Now we need a clipper sweep

11. AnimeFANatic

<div class="quote_poster">boogielew Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">
    Now we need a clipper sweep</div>

Only way we can sweep the Clippers is if we trade Dunleavy for Maggette before we play them.

12. boogiescott

boogiescott JBB JustBBall Member

well with the WArriors playing @ 1 pm on MLK day.... i dont remember the warriors winning a day game in years and years.... they are the most sluggish team in the league on day games. This season Toronto killed us or we killed ourselves. So i guess a split would be nice.

With Cle, Lakers, Nets following the clips..... conceivably we could be in a big losing streak....

maybe as bad as 6 in a row when we face the Nets.... a game i think we can win.

I think we can beat the Lakers as well.... No Odom .... who usually dominates us.

Cle got blown out by the Suns.... maybe the Warriors can run them too

I look forward to a brand vs diogu match up

13. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Man, I saw the Heat game and boy was I disappointed in Dunleavy. That guy missed the easiest shots of the game even when scoring against a smaller guy or when the post defender let him have the shot. He still missed it at close range! I guess that's normal for him. I'm glad Nelson called him out because somebody needed to say it. Dun's game doesn't translate very much to the pros and it probably never will consistently.

-At least Murphy looked pretty smooth with the reverse layup.

-Too bad about Pietrus and Foyle though. As badly coached as those guys were growing up, they make an impact on defense where the perimeter and interior D is sorely lacking. When Foyle blocked some shots to himself, he got it back, he zipped out the pass to the guys running downcourt for an easy score.

- Ellis looked good, but man is he bad at free throws or what? I guess that's a Warriors "guard position tradition" here. (5/9) From the field, 5 of 17 overall. I guess not that good in the beginning or when I turned my head.

- Ike looked like he was going to finish whenever a guard rewarded him with the ball. And he did... That's a breath of fresh air compared to getting the ball inside to some guy who blows the easy layup or can't even anticipate he's going to miss and get it back.

- Finally, Biedrins + Ike on the floor together. We need more of that.

That's all. I really had to drink more in order to forget it was a blowout after the 2nd half.

14. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

I was at this game courtside last night. My wife got tickets through her company -- club seats, center court, 3 rows back. That was the closest I've ever been -- it was AWESOME!! It totally made me see the NBA game in a whole new light. I could see every facial expression, hear every word uttered between players... wow!!

Anyway, even without the injuries GS would've had a tough time winning this game. I don't know how it looked on TV, but up close in real life Alonzo Mourning is the LARGEST human being in the world. My God! This dude's arms are as large as Dunleavy's trunk. Shaq was there in a suit, and Zo looks as big as Shaq, but way more muscular. His pythons are rediculous, and he simply destroyed GS inside (I haven't seen the box score yet but trust me, whether he got stats or not, Zo was a dominant force just moving people around. GS had no answer.

The one amazing thing is how small the court looks up close like that. I realized it's because the bodies are so BIG. There just isn't nearly as much room to maneuver, squeeze through, or space. In the half court set the entire floor just looks cramped, and in a way it is. An NBA center takes up the courtspace of two normal human beings!

Oh, and Jason Kapono put on a one-man show. He hit two quick threes to close out the half, and then a few more plus an on-the-run catch in shoot at the buzzer. He was talking to a section of the crowd, back-peddling, blowing on his hands, and otherwise acting like he was just on fire. And the Heat bench was going bananas.

I've seen so much basketball (High School, College, public gym) up close and personal, and I always thought the NBA would be different. It's not, really. The Warriors just made silly turnovers and mental mistakes. I've always told myself "the game is so much faster, you just can't really understand." Well, really, it's not. This will sound stupid but the only thing stopping me from playing in the NBA is that I don't have an NBA body, lol!

The game these days is all about freak athletes, not about the game itself. The Warriors, including Monta Ellis, Matt Barnes, Baron Davis, and even Mike "The Brainiac" Dunleavy all just made terrible passes, sometimes one-handed passes, sometimes high entry passes when they should have been bounce passes.... and then after the turnover they'd have this glazed look on their face, especially Dunleavy...I mean, they are awesome athletes and all, but that's what this show is all about. It's not about proper fundamentals, and I could see the sullen look of resignation on Nelly's face that he knows this and he knows it's a shame, but it is what it is.

P.S. The crowd was all over Dunleavy. He had Wade on a post up, did a spin move for an easy lay-up, and just bricked it, and the crowd tore into him. I feel bad for the guy, in a way, despite the contract.

The ball just looked uncomfortable and slippery for many players. Even Monta, I was so close I could see how he placed each finger on the ball, and he just doesn't dribble well at all. the ball doesn't come naturally off his hands sometimes and it just slips out in odd ways. It might have been the ball, though, because this was happening to a few other players on GS too.

I guess I'm done gushing now -- we got those $350 tickets for free -- and you know what? They're worth every penny! If I have a son someday I'd buy a few of those once a year just to watch his expressions at the game. There were a few kids in my section and they seemed to be having the time of their life. Even though the Warriors lost by 20 it was still priceless!!

15. AnimeFANatic

AlleyOop,

I was courtside last season against the Clippers, my cousins boss gave him tickets to the game as he couldn't go (he's a season ticket holder). It is amazing, I sat right in the center where the players go before they enter the game. Believe me, seeing Chris Kaman and Sam Cassell up close is not a pleasant sight.

How close was I?

[​IMG]

16. Warriorfansnc93

Yeah, the new (old) ball is really causing some problems for great ball handlers ESPECIALLY Baron! There were so many times he dribbled off his leg or lost in the lane. Part of that might have been the crappy refs not giving him calls the other team was getting, but I think the new ball was stickier so it was a little easier to handle if not different...

17. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, my wife took pics, I'll try to post a few. Man, all I can say is it was TOTALLY different from sitting in the nosebleeds. If anyone is ever contemplating it, just do it! You won't be disappointed. The players keep looking in the stands and saying things to fans, having fun, I was actually able to say a few things to the players that I KNOW they heard, like "good pass Monta" and "way to work Murph" and stuff... it was like being at a high school game in some strange way, only you have the Glove and Shaq and Wade right there in your face!

18. Gohn

Nice recap Alleyoop. I liked hearing your impressions of the game live. It's something I'd like to experience.

I've only ever sat at the nosebleeds and once in the lower bowl corner area where it is still far away and gives a terrible viewing angle. I actually prefer the nosebleeds to the latter, especially the 10 dollar tickets at Staples where it is basically the upper upper deck. Horrible viewing angle (watching from behind the backboard). Can't really tell who is who. But it's great because there's no one sitting up there. Same thing with A's games, buying the eight dollar tickets and sitting all the way up there where no one sits. I guess that's because I hate crowds.