Warriors vs. Jazz Nov. 25 6:00 PM FSN

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Custodianrules2, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Post all Warriors-Jazz game comments in this thread.

2. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

I heard AK47 is back from his ankle injury. I say we drop to .500 tonight...

3. Custodianrules2

The Jazz have great teamwork. If Jerry Sloan were to take over our team, I'm sure he'd endure the same scrutiny by fans as coach Montgomery who is trying to get these players to play like a real team that can execute plays. We can't run open court ball forever because we're not athletic enough, we have no inside presence in any form, few players can create their own shot with the ball, and we're not consistent from beyond the arc or at the foul line. Plus, it's just not sound ball play and we lose any discipline we've built on playing defense. When our power forward is the most consistent three point threat, that's just sad. Really sad.

Hopefully Dunleavy finally steps up tonight. And if he doesn't I understand. Andrei Kirilenko could be running on his hands and shooting the ball with his feet and still play better than Dunleavy right now. With guys like Foyle and Dunleavy as starters and guys like Richardson, Davis, and Murphy who are streaky producers, it's like we're only playing with 3 or 4 guys some nights.

4. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">When our power forward is the most consistent three point threat, that's just sad. Really sad.
    </div>

Not to mention that our best post up player so far has been our PG. Now thats just sadder.

5. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AnimeFANatic:</div><div class="quote_post">Not to mention that our best post up player so far has been our PG. Now thats just sadder.</div>
    Yeah and he's a career high 30's shooter. Damn saddest! I guess point guards that can't shoot make the best point guards since they are forced to do something else. Look at Jason Kidd, TJ Ford, and company.

I think Nash is the only real guy that can shoot, but he's been struggling without the help he had last year. Still 43% is still pretty damn good!

6. AnimeFANatic

Imagine a healthy Baron Davis with Nash's shooting touch. Game Over!

7. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Richardson starts the game off with 2 miss free throws lol

8. AnimeFANatic

Ike, where art thou?

9. Custodianrules2

We need center help badly.

10. AnimeFANatic

Jesus christ, am I going to have to turn off the TV?

11. AnimeFANatic

For the love of god put in IKE DIOGU. What the ***** is wrong with Monty! He's been pissing me off. And Foyle has been a NON factor.

12. Custodianrules2

I hate watching the Warriors when they play against teams that can execute. The Warriors defense is simply not that good against teams who move together like a machine. They bait the Warriors every single trip down the floor and you can just see it coming. Then on offense, if our point guard struggles the whole team struggles. We need high post playmaking and off the ball movement or at least some isolations down low.

13. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AnimeFANatic:</div><div class="quote_post">For the love of god put in IKE DIOGU. What the ***** is wrong with Monty! He's been pissing me off. And Foyle has been a NON factor.</div>
    I don't think Ike would really help as much as the other guys out there, but he'd be refreshing to see. It's the team not the coach. I mean you can tell by our roster from our frontcourt to our center. We're playing with backups or fringe starters.

And all the guys are just plain missing. Richardson can't hit for squat, Baron can't hit for squat, Foyle can't even score on a putback or make smart plays. Murphy also has the Jalen Rose effect. He puts up numbers, but I think his style of play isn't very team oriented and he's never been a good help defender or defensively aware consistently.

The Warriors are only down 9. It's better that they suck now then in the 2nd half when it counts.

14. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

We have to be the stupidest team in the league. Baron is waiting for the last shot of the quarter, so instead of driving he steps back and rushes a 3. GODDAMNIT. Oh yea, I guess 11 points in 14 minutes wasnt impressive to Monty because he thinks Dunleavy and Cheany are better options at the 4.

15. AnimeFANatic

Well it's like everything is impromptu out there for the warriors. Theres no flow, no good ball movement, and everyone seems to take contested shots (because of lack of ball movement). Their offense and defense has no structure to it. They can't always rely on streaky shooting, which hasn't been there of late. And they need more points in the paint.

16. Custodianrules2

I think the only reasons we go to Cheaney or Dunleavy at the 4 is because they move the ball better. Murphy is a ball stopper. He puts up numbers but the guy just can't d it up or make others better. Once he has the rock it's always going up which is annoying and frustrating to the team and the coach if he's not making it. You want to reward the guys that hustle their asses off with the basket by setting them up. Murphy just sets himself up.

Plus, while Murphy is a good defensive rebounder, we need guys that can box out and help others get rebounds or we need guys that can go after offensive boards so we can score off missed shots. Murphy also needs to learn who to rotate on and who stay off of and where to play help defense. He just gets beat too many times or doesn't read the offense correctly. It's about awareness and our forward and center are not aware enough a lot of times.

I like Foyle, but goddamn he's clearly a backup. He can average double digit rebounds and two blocks a game and he still feels like a backup. He's got stubs for hands like Erick Dampier. Who else do we have at center though? Not too many choices.

17. AnimeFANatic

Man, I absolutely love Diogu's FT shooting.

He's drawing fouls even without the ball lol.

18. mylie10

mylie10 JBB JustBBall Member

Diogu is so smooth

19. Custodianrules2

Damn I like how our offense just got more serious when we go to somebody in the post rather than shooting the perimeter jumper all day. We've even got two fouls drawn by Ike to get the Warriors closer to ride the free throw bonus. Good job Ike.

One thing I notice about Ike is he gets deep deep position in the paint. Nobody on our team does that.

20. AnimeFANatic

I Like Ike!!!