Warriors vs. Trailblazers - Time to Clinch the Playoffs!

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by jason bourne, Apr 18, 2007.

1. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    Warriors King Baron: This is where we fight! This is where they die!
    Coach Nelson: Earn these shields, boys!
    [Warriors cheer]
    Warriors King Baron: Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time.

2. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

[​IMG]
    *got this from some GSoM members webpin

3. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Biedrins c'mon buddy. First the dropped pass from Jrich, then the blown defensive coverage on Magloire, and the coup de grace
    with the foul over the back. Arggg!

Foyle and Pietrus have rubbed off on him.

4. jason bourne

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG]
    *got this from some GSoM members webpin</div>

That's King Baron?

Oh well, no time to be picky. Shields up! For tonight, we dine in hell!

5. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Biedrins c'mon buddy. First the dropped pass from Jrich, then the blown defensive coverage on Magloire, and the coup de grace
    with the foul over the back. Arggg!

Foyle and Pietrus have rubbed off on him.</div>

Yeah, I guess Biedrins has always been more productive as a starter than a bench player. I remember his first starts he had double doubles and very impressive showings. Since he's moved to the bench his production has gone down. Maybe because of too much sitting next to Foyle? haha, well maybe not.

But it seems like Don Nelson is focused on winning this game. He's making subs left and right it seems when things aren't working.

I am not going to have any hard feelings for the Kings, but they are beating the Lakers right now. Musselman loves winning all the games he can before the regular season ends, which was good since his team beat the Clippers for us. But I guess the Warriors better win this game, before I discuss my thoughts on possible playoff implications if the Warriors get the 7th spot.

6. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Clif25 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, I guess Biedrins has always been more productive as a starter than a bench player. I remember his first starts he had double doubles and very impressive showings. Since he's moved to the bench his production has gone down. Maybe because of too much sitting next to Foyle? haha, well maybe not.

But it seems like Don Nelson is focused on winning this game. He's making subs left and right it seems when things aren't working.

I am not going to have any hard feelings for the Kings, but they are beating the Lakers right now. Musselman loves winning all the games he can before the regular season ends, which was good since his team beat the Clippers for us. But I guess the Warriors better win this game, before I discuss my thoughts on possible playoff implications if the Warriors get the 7th spot.</div>

[​IMG]

Good thoughts on Biedrins. Yeah, maybe there's something mental going on with him trying to press in his minutes off the bench. But he does get the minutes whether he starts or sits...

How about Baron/Jrich? They are co-MVPs IMO. But Sjax should get a lot of credit. He's the only other guy besides Ellis that resembles an actual guard. Wow, good thing Mullin was able to reverse his earlier mistakes in Murphleavey and get him.

7. Custodianrules2

Nice pass by Pietrus.

He drew the double team and dished off to Ellis who flushed it.

Why did Baron foul Outlaw???

8. AnimeFANatic

Noooooooooo! Baron hurt his hand! I hope it's not serious.

9. AnimeFANatic

Crap... Baron got his 3rd foul with 2.3 seconds left before the half ended...

10. Clif25

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Crap... Baron got his 3rd foul with 2.3 seconds left before the half ended...</div>

That is not ideal. But he does have 8 assists and 0 turnovers. I think he had about 7 assists early in the first quarter even. The Warriors had 14 assists on 15 made FG's at one point. The first quarter was good. The second was iffy. The rest of the team isn't in too bad of foul trouble. Barnes has 3 fouls, but he's a bench guy, and Jackson and Biedrins both have 2 fouls.

Tell me what you guys here about Baron's hand though. That sounds more serious than his three fouls right now.

So far so good for the Warriors.

11. Clif25

One last thing: I am hoping the Warriors can get more out of their bench in the second half. If the starters can continue to push the lead, it will be nice to see the bench push it a little more while some key players get some rest to close the game out with a W. So far the bench only has 2 points. That coud use some big improvement, granted they are only 1-4 from the field.

12. Custodianrules2

When does Baron Davis ever not get hurt... Damn. I hope we finish strong in the 2nd half. I'm almost too cynical to believe we could make the 8th seed, let alone 7th seed.

13. AnimeFANatic

Anyone notice how confident Barnett is? He said the Warriors WILL win and be in the playoffs. No hesitation.

14. jason bourne

Law enforcement
    Still got a lot of game, but I believe we got it. Clips losing, too.

Go Lakers. They got the lead at the end of 3.

15. GarnettKG21

GarnettKG21 JBB JustBBall Member

Sweet job on makin it to the playoffs. Kinda funny cause I remember alot of posts with quotes from Nellie and one from JRich sayin if they didn't win this game or that game then they are done. haha

16. Clif25

What the hell is Pietrus doing? It seems like he's fouling shooters left and right. I say, it's time to put Pietrus on the bench and put in Azubuike at least.

17. jason bourne

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">GarnettKG21 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Sweet job on makin it to the playoffs. Kinda funny cause I remember alot of posts with quotes from Nellie and one from JRich sayin if they didn't win this game or that game then they are done. haha</div>

Thanks. It was harder than it looked. Some people are saying Nellie did a great job coaching because saying that stuff motivated the team to play like they have been doing [​IMG].

18. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Anyone notice how confident Barnett is? He said the Warriors WILL win and be in the playoffs. No hesitation.</div>

Barnett should keep his stinkin trap shut. Hasn't he heard of the announcer's jinx?

Obviously he doesn't watch the Warriors in the 4th quarter...

The Warriors will LOSE.

Okay that unjinxed it hopefully.

19. Clif25

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Barnett should keep his stinkin trap shut. Hasn't he heard of the announcer's jinx?

Obviously he doesn't watch the Warriors in the 4th quarter...

The Warriors will LOSE.

Okay that unjinxed it hopefully.</div>

Yeah, I think Don Nelson starting Pietrus and Barnes for the 4th quarter was strange. I hope to never see those two players on the court together again, unless if they are just completely on fire with their shot. Subbing Jackson in for Pietrus should help. But man, it's only a 14 point game. I remember the Suns game not too long ago. The Warriors can never let up. Especially not now.

20. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

I'm not liking this, it's getting the look of one of those bad Warrior games: the blown lead against a presumable crippled opponent, the large freethrow discrepency, a career nobody off the bench having a career night...