Washington Redskins Fan Base

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by JHair, Nov 24, 2005.

1. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Name:Age:Why you became a 'skins Fan:The year you became a 'skins Fan:Favorite 'skins Player [Now]:Favorite 'skins Player [All Time]Favorite 'skins Moment:Players You Have Met:Jerseys That You Own:

2. JHair

Name: JohnAge: 17Why you became a 'skins Fan: my dad was a huge fan of the 'skins when I was growing up so it kinda rubbed off on meThe year you became a 'skins Fan: honestly can't remember, but when I was real young.Favorite 'skins Player [Now]: Clinton PortisFavorite 'skins Player [All Time]: Clinton PortisFavorite 'skins Moment: Beating Dallas 35-7 this yearPlayers You Have Met: James Thrash, Brian Dawkins (not a Redskin but I've shaken his hand)Jerseys That You Own: Sam Shade (75th anniversary version), Clinton Portis Authentic, #17 Practice Jersey

3. NFLCRegulator

NFLCRegulator NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Name: JRAge: 15Why you became a 'skins Fan: DC!The year you became a 'skins Fan: when I moved hereFavorite 'skins Player [Now]: Clinton PortisFavorite 'skins Player [All Time] Darrell GreenFavorite 'skins Moment: Beating Dallas 2x this yearPlayers You Have Met: Rod Gardner, Chris Cooley, Patrick Ramsey, Art Monk, Champ BaileyJerseys That You Own: Clinton Portis, Santana Moss

4. JHair

hell yeah--We need a little 'skins support around here

5. santanamoss89

santanamoss89 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Name: TomThe year you became a Skins fan: around 2000Favorite Skins player now and all time: Santana MossFavorite Skins momment: Both of Moss' TD's in week 2 vs. DallasPlayers you have met: noneJerseys you own: Santana Moss and Im getting a Cooley jersey for my B-day

6. hamptonskinsfan

hamptonskinsfan NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Name:MichaelAge:34Why you became a 'skins Fan:Born and BreedThe year you became a 'skins Fan: 1971 the moment I came out of my mother's wombFavorite 'skins Player [Now]: Marcus Washington/ Chris CooleyFavorite 'skins Player [All Time] Mr. Darrell GreenFavorite 'skins Moment: Seeing John Riggins running over the DB for the Dolphins in the super bowl on a 4th and 1 play.Players You Have Met:Chris Hanberger, Darrell Green, Curtis Jordan, Brandon Nobles, Chris Cooley, Marcus Washington, Ray Brown, Tre Johnson, Mike SellersJerseys That You Own: two Darrell Greens, 1 Champ Bailey, 1 Brad Johnson, 1 Dan Wilkerson, 1 John Riggins, will soon have a Santana Moss,Chris Cooley, and a Marcus Washington.

7. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

Name: [​IMG] Age: 16Why you became a 'skins Fan: DC...The year you became a 'skins Fan: 2001Favorite 'skins Player [Now]: Brandon Lloyd, Sean TaylorFavorite 'skins Player [All Time] Darrell GreenFavorite 'skins Moment: Last yearPlayers You Have Met: Art Monk, Rod Gardner, Chris Cooley, Patrick RamseyJerseys That You Own: Clinton Portis

8. Karlos

Karlos NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Name: KyleAge: 16Why you became a 'skins Fan: I like near DC!The year you became a 'skins Fan: Lately, but I guess i've supported them for awihle. Favorite 'skins Player [Now]: Carlos Rogers, Macus Washington, C-PortisFavorite 'skins Player [All Time] DARRELL GREENFavorite 'skins Moment: Last seasonPlayers You Have Met: Gus Frerotte, Darrell Green, Rod Gardener?, Chris Cooley(He came to my school!)Jerseys That You Own: Used to own a Deion Sanders #21 jersey when he was on the skins, hopefully i'm getting a Carlos Rogers or Sean Taylor one soon.

9. Infamous DC

Infamous DC NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Name: AndrewAge: 16Why you became a 'skins Fan: they're awesome and they're my home teamThe year you became a 'skins Fan: like 2003Favorite 'skins Player [Now]: Clinton Portis and Chris CooleyFavorite 'skins Player [All Time] T A Y L O R a n d A R C H U L E T AFavorite 'skins Moment: 14-13Players You Have Met: noneJerseys That You Own: Clinton Portis

10. Redskins

Redskins NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Name: EdAge: 17Why you became a 'skins Fan: All my lifeThe year you became a 'skins Fan: BirthFavorite 'skins Player [Now]: Sean TaylorFavorite 'skins Player [All Time]: Darrell GreenFavorite 'skins Moment: Beating DallasPlayers You Have Met: Too ManyJerseys That You Own: Taylor, Portis, Campbell, Brunell, Green, Arrington, Washington

11. datruth

datruth NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Name: thatruthAge: 23Why you became a 'skins Fan: former hurricanes players on the teamThe year you became a 'skins Fan: 04Favorite 'skins Player [Now]: Santana MossFavorite 'skins Player [All Time] Santana MossFavorite 'skins Moment: winning gamesPlayers You Have Met: Santana Moss, Clinton PortisJerseys That You Own: Moss and Portis

12. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Name: Ceena
    Why you became a 'skins Fan: Home town team
    The year you became a 'skins Fan: 2005
    Favorite 'skins Player [Now]: Sean Taylor
    Favorite 'skins Player [All Time]: Darrell Green
    Favorite 'skins Moment: 2005 season in general
    Players You Have Met: none
    Jerseys That You Own: none, but I'll probably buy a Sean Taylor one soon.

13. shookem

shookem Still not a bust

Not a Skins fan but my best bud is so I end up watching and talking about the team a lot.

14. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Name: William MuiAge: 15Why you became a 'skins Fan: Hometown team The year you became a 'skins Fan: 1999Favorite 'skins Player [Now]: Clinton Portis/Mark BrunellFavorite 'skins Player [All Time]: Darrell GreenFavorite 'skins Moment: 14-13 comeback against Cowboys in 2005Players You Have Met: :(Jerseys That You Own: 2, one Clinton Portis and one LaVar Arrington

15. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    Name: maxiep

Why you became a 'skins Fan: The year was 1973. I didn't have a football team, but I knew I hated the D*llas C*wboys. I saw an interview with George Allen before the season. He was asked if he considered the previous season a success. He said "no" for two reasons. First, he thought the 'Skins should have won the Super Bowl over the Dolphins. Second, the 'Skins split the season series with "that team" (he refused to utter their name). He didn't consider any season a success unless "that team" was swept.

I turned to my father--who grew up a Rams fan and who loved Allen when he coached them--and asked which team he coached. He told me George Allen coached the Redskins. At that moment, they became my team. When I moved to DC after college, my affection became obsession.

The year you became a 'skins Fan: 1973

Favorite 'skins Player [Now]: It was Jon Jansen :sigh:, but now it's Chris Cooley.

Favorite 'skins Player [All Time]: Art Monk

Favorite 'skins Moment: Too many to mention, but Kenny Houston's tackle on Walt Garrison, Riggo's 4th and 1 43-yard touchdown run against the Fins in SBXVII and being in Canton participating in the standing ovation for Art Monk last August.

Players You Have Met: Sonny Jurgenson, Darrell Green, Art Monk, Charles Mann, Martin Mayhew, Monte Coleman, George Stark, Dave Butz, Greg Manusky and several others as well as George Allen, Joe Gibbs, Norv Turner and Charley Casserley.

Jerseys That You Own: Art Monk's #81.