Washington Trade Rumors

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Mamba, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Post any rumors, or trade ideas you have...I know that Juan Dixon is on the trading block because we have a log jam at guard and he doesnt fit our offense, I know they are trying to showcase Christian Laettner because he takes up to much Cap room and we already have 2 developing big men in Kwame and Jeffries.

2. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    How's this for a trade:

Brendan Haywood, Steve Blake and 2004 first round draft pick
    for
    Kurt Thomas and Frank Williams

The Wiz get consistent low post scoring and a young developing point guard. I'm not real familiar with the Wizards' roster but I think that trade will be good for the Wiz.

PS: The only thing that bugs me is the draft pick. The way the Wizards are playing, it might be a top 8 pick.

3. Mamba

The Wizards are not looking to trade Steve Blake, he is the only true PG that they have, the whole organization loves him, if you substitue Blake with Dixon, then maybe i would consider it, Kwame can play the 5 and then we could play Kurt Thomas at the 4.

4. kobe35plus

kobe35plus JBB JustBBall Member

Thomas would play the 5 and Kwame would play the 4

I dont know if Isiah would be so quick to give up frank williams

5. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting kobe35plus:</div><div class="quote_post">Thomas would play the 5 and Kwame would play the 4

I dont know if Isiah would be so quick to give up frank williams</div>

I think you are wrong, they would Move Kwame to C, because Thomas will probably leave this summer, and Kurt Thomas would play the 4, but that wont happen.

6. 7-3-2

7-3-2 JBB JustBBall Member

Steve Blake is a solid contributor to the Wizards, even more so when Gilbert and Jerry Stackhouse is out. The Wizards will be stupid to trade him.

7. King James X3

King James X3 JBB JustBBall Member

Washington will defintely make a move in the offseason, they have plenty of talent, draft picks, and contracts that will interesting several teams around the league.

For instance Christian Laettner. His contract is expiring next season, and he's due to make around 6 million. Teams looking to lower their salary in attempts to perhaps rebuild would be highly interested in some expiring contracts. You saw first hand this season with Atlanta and Phoenix.

I think keeping Steve Blake around would be best, and although I like Juan Dixon I would much rather try and go for a more natural shooting guard. He's a guy who would be very easy to move if Washington decided to go that route. He has a very inexpensive contract, he's a young player, and he has the ability to play the point or the two guard postion.

I still think the biggest issue this offseason is moving Jerry Stackhouse and more importantly his contract. Stackhouse has not been able to contribute due to his injuries, and at 8 million a year he's certainly not worth the risk. Once again I believe it would be best for Washington to try and move Stackhouse with this year's top 5 draft pick. That way if you are forking out big time money you'll at least have a big time player who infact deserves his contract. I think a Rashard Lewis deal would benefit the team, Lewis for Stackhouse and a first round draft pick. Just an idea...

8. Mamba

I think we will expose Stack in the expansion draft, and I think he will be taken, or atleast I hope, and I hope we trade for a SF who can hit the three like Lewis, or post up like Harrington...that is what we need

9. og15

og15 JBB *********

Charlotte is taking young players and don't want big contracts. We cna give them 3 million and maybe a draft pick to take him in the expansion draft the waive him.

<u>Expansion Rules</u>
    2. They (Charlotte) can pick a player and if they waive him before the season, they are free from the cap hit that would normally happen! Here's the rule:

The Salary of any player selected by an Expansion Team in an expansion draft and terminated in accordance with the NBA waiver procedure before the first day of the Expansion Team's first Season shall not be included in the Expansion Team's Team Salary, except, to the extent such Salary is paid, for purposes of determining whether the Expansion Team has satisfied its Minimum Team Salary obligation for such Season. (Article VII, Section 4)

10. King James X3

King James X3 JBB JustBBall Member

^^^^^

That's very interesting, did you find that information on a site? If so, could you send me the link?

Anyhow, I'm just curious. If Charlotte decides to go that route, what happens to the player's salary? For instance say Washington decides to move Jerry Stackhouse , Charlotte picks him up in the expansion draft than cuts him. So what does the leave for Stackhouse's future? If another team decides they want to pick him up via free agency do they have to pick up his contract in it's entirety?

11. zonebeast

zonebeast JBB JustBBall Member

i think the wizards have to trade jerry stackhouse a team whit very stackhouse doesnt work he not had basketball IQ i think he can trade stack.
    like that
    Jerry Stackhouse and Christian Laettner for James Posey and Mike Miller
    Jerry Stackhouse and Brendan Haywood for Darius Miles and Rubben Patersson
    Stack Laettner and Huges for Elton Brand and Quentin Richardson

12. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting zonebeast:</div><div class="quote_post">i think the wizards have to trade jerry stackhouse a team whit very stackhouse doesnt work he not had basketball IQ i think he can trade stack.
    like that
    Jerry Stackhouse and Christian Laettner for James Posey and Mike Miller
    Jerry Stackhouse and Brendan Haywood for Darius Miles and Rubben Patersson
    Stack Laettner and Huges for Elton Brand and Quentin Richardson</div>

Stack, Laettner, and Hughes for Brand n Richardson would never happen
    I dont think WAS wants D Miles or Patterson

The first trade wont happen either because the Grizz would be taking on too much cap.

13. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

The rumor I've heard is the Wizards leaving Jerry Stackhouse unprotected. The Bobcats would then take Stackhouse and immediately trade him to a contender in the league for draft picks this you or future considerations. One team who might be interested could be the Blazers. They have 2 late round picks this year and they could use another scorer on the team. The Blazers could also throw in a Qyntel Woods or Travis Outlaw to close the deal.

14. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">The rumor I've heard is the Wizards leaving Jerry Stackhouse unprotected. The Bobcats would then take Stackhouse and immediately trade him to a contender in the league for draft picks this you or future considerations. One team who might be interested could be the Blazers. They have 2 late round picks this year and they could use another scorer on the team. The Blazers could also throw in a Qyntel Woods or Travis Outlaw to close the deal.</div>

I heard that they were going to leave him unprotected, but I dont know if Charlotte would take his contract and his age if they arent positive they can trade him. I think he could do Portland some good. Be a third option for D Miles and Randolph.

15. Captain Quicks

Captain Quicks JBB JustBBall Member

I'm just wondering i just became a washington fan since i started likin' Juan Dixon, why does everyone want to trade Juanny away?

16. Mamba

He doesnt fit the offense that Eddie Jordan runs and he hurst the team when we have a lead by taking bad shots. I dont see him lasting much longer here in DC, if he does its because of the fans.

17. og15

og15 JBB *********

Yea he's liked but like Q-Rich said he doesn't fit the offense, he's also not a real PG, and too small and not a consistent/good enough scorer to play the 2. Also our 2 other guards (Arenas and Hughes) are younger and better than him.

18. dachen33

dachen33 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">The rumor I've heard is the Wizards leaving Jerry Stackhouse unprotected. The Bobcats would then take Stackhouse and immediately trade him to a contender in the league for draft picks this you or future considerations. One team who might be interested could be the Blazers. They have 2 late round picks this year and they could use another scorer on the team. The Blazers could also throw in a Qyntel Woods or Travis Outlaw to close the deal.</div>
    I actually like this trade, this trade works for everybody, Bobcats gets more draft picks, Wizards get rid of SG problems and blazers gets a great SG that can close out the game.

19. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    If Stack can fetch that kind of baits, why don't the Wiz just trade him to Blazers on their own. That way they at least get some players in return.

20. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trip:</div><div class="quote_post">If Stack can fetch that kind of baits, why don't the Wiz just trade him to Blazers on their own. That way they at least get some players in return.</div>

That is a good question?

I am guessing it is because they dont want to lose anyone else in the expansion draft, just a thought [​IMG]