Watson Hopes to Leave Warriors

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by bbwSwish, Jul 21, 2009.

1. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

2. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Don't blame him. We have too many guard and he's probably not going to get as much minutes as he'd like.

3. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

Okay, now that's weak, dude. Just lost a ton of respect for CJ. "Why hold you back?" This organization MADE you, dude. If anything, they have helped propel you forward. They took you from the brinks of YMCA ball and GAVE you the golden opportunity of your lifetime. And now they're holding you back?!? :biglaugh:

Okay, Jordan, go to Orlando and become a superstar under Van Gundy, who is a "much more active" coach on the sideline. Is that a jab at Nellie? Because that guy made you too, CJ "I look like Popeye Jones" Watson.

Damn, man, where's the class these days? Couldn't he have said something like "I'm grateful to the GS organization for the opportunity to play in this league." Or something?

Acting like he's suddenly a big-time FA. Wants to go play with the "4 All Stars and Stan." Man, I'm getting more sour to this dude every second I think about it.

What, you don't want to play with Monta, Randolph, and Biedrins? Are they holding your no-defense ass back, too? Dude doesn't play a lick of defense in two seasons, runs around cherry-picking trying to jump for steals so he doesn't have to actually body up anyone, he'd get run-over by Steve Nash if he tried, getting all these points because he's playing under Nellie.... lol I won't be surprised if he averages 2.3 ppg under the "more active" Van Gundy, lol. BEsides, JJ Reddick, Tyron Lue, Jameer Nelson -- I'd taky any of those 3 over CJ anyway.

Go to Orlando already, Popeye.

4. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

Yeah, pretty lame. Although, I do recall quite a few ex-Warriors leaving with nothing but class, even some who maybe had a right to feel betrayed by this organization. JRich, Fisher, Pietrus, and Barnes all showed class when they left. For the most part Baron did too.

Anyway, we do not need C.J. back this year. Curry needs to get his feet into the frying pan and get as much experience under his belt as fast as possible and I don't want Watson taking any of Morrow's time either (even if Watson were playing PG, it could push others like Monta into more time at SG).

5. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    Yeah, what's up with CJ??? I guess we shouldn't be surprised. He's a big time NBA star now...lol.

Hey HiRez, don't forget to add Jamal Crawford to the list of class acts. He might be at the top of the list. He blatantly got dismissed and he took it like a man.

6. Clif10

Clif10 Member

This is weird. The Magic have offered CJ a contract offer as well as Matt Barnes, and now they aren't sure if they can sign both of them?

It seems like if he wants to play for the Magic, he will need to be signed by the Warriors then dealt to the Magic for some player in return to work. That is unless the Magic already offered him a contract and the Warriors match, then I think there is a year restriction before you can trade him back to the Magic, kind of like Azubuike and the Clippers last year...

I don't blame CJ for his emotions. The Magic made it to the finals. He's all excited to be on the team. I guess the Matt Barnes issue is bursting his bubble.

7. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

Oh right, totally forgot him, yeah I hated his game but he showed a lot of class, no doubt.

8. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Well it seems like the Magic had interest in both at the same time. They signed Barnes already, I think with CJ they're just in heavy discussions (now word is the 76ers want to make a play for CJ). The Magic's problem is that they're well over the lux tax. Obviously they made the choice to go for it now and spend the money to go over the luxury tax but regardless paying double for every dollar over the tax adds up quickly for even the richest and most dedicated owners. They're making moves somewhat carefully as it costs them double for everything right now.

But yeah its understandable that CJ wants to go. He was our backup last season and even with Monta out it seemed like he didn't get much burn. This offseason we add Curry, Law, and Claxton- all PGs. W's backup guards aren't going to get much national recognition but it compounds the problem when he's fighting with Law, Claxton, Beli, Morrow, Azu. And these guys are only fighting for freakin reserve minutes behind Curry (who knows what his mpg will be) and Monta/Jack who are both probably going to average about 40 minutes a game. That's not even counting Mags' minutes either as he'll take minutes from Azu/Jack at SF, giving them even more minutes at SG.

In Orlando he gets to a) be THE backup PG, b) be on a popular team where he'll get recognized nationally, c) WIN, d) playing with Dwight, Vince Carter, Rashard Lewis, etc. probably makes him look a lot better. Plus if Jameer gets injured again he can step in and look real good like Rafer Alston did last season.

9. xplicitjc

xplicitjc cold as a hooker's heart

give him to the sixers in a sign and trade, just to spite him for being such a sudden egomaniac.

defense comes always comes first!? REALLY!? wow.

i am 100% in agreement with alleyoop...he owes this organization more than to talk the way he is. it's fine if he wants to leave, but he doesn't have to be such a bitch about it.

10. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    CJ is backing down from his initial comments. Here are some of his tweets:

*Magic fans I hope we can get this thing done and ill be moving there soon but its a business and some things sumtimes don't work out

*but im excited and think it can happen hopefully golden state doesn't match if they do ill b a warrior and excited about that too so either

*way I win because I'm grateful to be playin in the league and doing sumthin I love

*@dcizzle love the warriors city and fans but too many guards so sumtimes just got to move on you know

Courtesy of your Twitter Insider, Doctor K :)

11. xplicitjc

xplicitjc cold as a hooker's heart

^^^that sounds a little less bitchy i guess...

12. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, I mean Watson had Dwight Howard come recruit him. Are we doing that? He's sitting there not sure if we'll match or not. We did say he was a priority, but we didn't offer him a contract or anything. It's all business and I really don't wish ill on CJ, but anyone can see that Orlando is a better situation for him personally. Less taxes, better team. Didn't seem to be about the money either for him, because he turned down those other 2 supposed offers.

13. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

I really, really hope the Warriors don't offer him any $$. If Orlando doesn't take him, let him go back to the NBDL.

14. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Crawford took it like a man, but his agent told him to sit, right? Remember how he didn't suit up because he had to "practice?" I think the best class act was Jrich. Dude got traded to an expansion team after all he brought to this franchise. He was an exciting player. If we were going to lose let it at least be exciting! And Sjax was the complement to Jrich's lack of guard/defensive skills. Jrich was the complement to Sjax's inability to finish inside or rebound. And it sucks because we're not even using Wright and we're not even giving a crap about the salary cap. So why trade Jrich in the first place... We could have avoided Maggette in the first place!

F'n front office.