Wayne Wallace

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by GatorsowntheNCAA, Jun 15, 2003.

1. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

Do you think he will get drafted? he's the nephew of big ben wallace(who didn't get drafted) i think that teams will probably draft him late 2nd round, hoping to get someone just like ben wallace and making up for big ben not getting drafted.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Notes: Measured 6-7.25 without shoes and 6-8.75 with shoes Has a 7-0 wingspan and a 9 foot standing reach.

Seven other seniors were named to the 12-man all-conference team including 6-9 Virginia Union center Wayne Wallace, the first recipient of the CIAA's new Defensive Player of the Year award. Wallace, a senior from Whitehall, Al., and nephew to former VUU standout and current NBA all-star Ben Wallace of the Detroit Pistons, played last year under the name Wayne Taylor but changed his last name to his mother's maiden name (Wallace) this season. He has averaged a double-double at 14.2 points and 11.9 rebounds per game and added 2.8 blocks per game. The rebounding and block averages are the best in the conference though Wallace is not listed in conference statistics after missing several games early in the season after breaking his wrist. Wallace's inside presence has helped propel VUU (15-7) to the top of the East Division standings.

interview:
    Interview With Wayne Wallace

By Adam Miller

Adam Miller: How do you feel you did at Moody Bible today?
    Wayne Wallace: I think I did great today. It was a great opportunity getting picked to be here to play in this event.

Adam Miller: What do you feel are your strengths?

Wayne Wallace: I think my strengths are rebounding, blocking shots, and running the floor. (Pause) playing d.

Adam Miller: What are your weaknesses?

Wayne Wallace: Handling the ball and I need to work on a little more post moves in the middle.

Adam Miller: Do you feel you have the potential to be drafted?

Wayne Wallace: Yes, I really think I do.

Adam Miller: How do you feel you've matched up with other forwards?

Wayne Wallace: Well being as small as I am, I think I matched up with them pretty well. They're a lot bigger, a lot stronger, but my quickness helped that a lot.</div>

2. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

I don't know if he'll be drafted or not, Wayne is a good player but he's very skinny, he should bulk up some...he's a good player and played along side Duan Crockett...one of my sister's friends...but i don't think Crockett will get drafted tho...

3. vinsanity03

vinsanity03 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "pchotsauce":</div><div class="quote_post">I don't know if he'll be drafted or not, Wayne is a good player but he's very skinny, he should bulk up some...he's a good player and played along side Duan Crockett...one of my sister's friends...but i don't think Crockett will get drafted tho...</div>

Yea, but you heard what he said. He's quicker then other forwards he matches up against.

4. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

ok....they'll just get in his way and he'll fall out...he was in a weak conference in D-2 ball...

5. GatorsowntheNCAA

he should get drafted, IMO. he'd be good in a magic uniform.

6. vinsanity03

Better in Toronto. I think we might get him. Train him for a center, a very skinny one.

7. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Dr. Funk":</div><div class="quote_post">Better in Toronto. I think we might get him. Train him for a center, a very skinny one.</div>

you're joking right?

8. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

Sounds just like Ben. I've never seen him play but I hope he gets drafted.

9. GatorsowntheNCAA

magic need him more. magic have no defense or rebounding(gooden rebounds a little) we need a ben wallace type player. so who better to get then ben wallace's nephew?

10. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

I've seen him play...his weakness is strength tho...he's a wet noodle out there but he can score, block, and rebound

11. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

Magic had Ben Wallace but traded him for Grant Hill. Thats was the best trade.

12. GatorsowntheNCAA

he needs to weightlift in the offseason so he could be effective in the nba.

13. vinsanity03

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "pchotsauce":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Dr. Funk":</div><div class="quote_post">Better in Toronto. I think we might get him. Train him for a center, a very skinny one.</div>

you're joking right?</div>

yea im jokin. not about the Raptors part though.

14. GatorsowntheNCAA

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Alley-oop":</div><div class="quote_post">Magic had Ben Wallace but traded him for Grant Hill. Thats was the best trade.</div>

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (i think u get the point) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (had to add a couple more for good measure)

if you were gabe at the time, u woulda done that deal too.

15. vinsanity03

If you get him you'll just pass him up. You would of had your center and you pg.

16. vinsanity03

17. GatorsowntheNCAA

he was injured, that's why. anyway he has a top 3 player in the league on his team now, so he wouldn't even be the #1 option.

18. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

Dr. Funk look at how VC's stats have dropped...Hill's been injured...i could see if he's played a full season and had dropped stats but that's not the case...same with VC...look at how his stats dropped...it's cuz he's been injured...not becuz he hasn't been playin

19. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

We will take him 8) ben and wayne talk alot..so he should help him improve..but seeing them go against each other will be fun also

i can just imagine if they play togeather

player goes through the middle

"blocked by wallace...blocked by wallace..blocked by wallace..oh my then blocked by darko" [​IMG]

20. vinsanity03

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "pchotsauce":</div><div class="quote_post">Dr. Funk look at how VC's stats have dropped...Hill's been injured...i could see if he's played a full season and had dropped stats but that's not the case...same with VC...look at how his stats dropped...it's cuz he's been injured...not becuz he hasn't been playin</div>

VC's dropped 3 points. But I get what your saying.