Webber is the King that Sacramento Wants to Trade

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by Ice, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">According to Peter Vescey of the New York Post, Peja Stojakovic may still be traded away, most likely to either the Chicago Bulls or Indiana Pacers. They have both the resources and available talent to complete a deal with the Sacramento Kings.

What is more likely is for the Kings to shop Chris Webber. Webber is plagued by that bad knee and has an albatross of a contract.

"Management is much more intent on trading Chris Webber but can't seem to drum up any interest." </div>
    Full Story

2. MR_SAC_KING

MR_SAC_KING JBB JustBBall Member

Why would anyone want an injury ridded player,and crybaby like Webber anyways??

If Webber is traded,that's fine by me.if not.fine by me too.as long as Peja remains with the Kings,that's fine with me.

3. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Webber has a huge contract, and is not the player he used to be. The most the Kings can probably fetch for him is another overpaid, aging forward or guard, which won't make a lot of sense from the Kings' POV.

4. nkwu

nkwu JBB shoehead

won't happen, especially with his contract, and I have no opinion on the Peaj or WEbber leaving. However, Webber still is a good match with the whole team as a whole right now but I wouldn't mind to see him go. As long as a player with potential, or good quality is sent back.

I think the Kigns need something like a Dallas Makeover and get a fresh start aorund some proven, non-controversial(is that a word?) players who dont cause crap.

5. Emo

Emo Active Member

I'm with mostly everybody on this, and any team that's willing to negotiate with the Sacramento Kings for Chris Webber is an absolute fool. Especially with his injury crisis, and his huge contract. You simply can't blame this on nobody else but the Maloofs for digging themselves into a tremendous hole.

6. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

The main reason teams wont want him is becuase of his bad knees.I bealive that he could get healthy (and hopefully he is already),then he could play his contract year well and other teams would grow interest in him,then the Kings could deal him.

Or he could stil play well then chose to go to another team next offseason as a free agent.

I still bealive Webber can play,even though he wasnt the player he used to be,he could be a huge addition to a team who is missing,like the final piece of the puzzel.

7. MR_SAC_KING

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Emo:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm with mostly everybody on this, and any team that's willing to negotiate with the Sacramento Kings for Chris Webber is an absolute fool. Especially with his injury crisis, and his huge contract. You simply can't blame this on nobody else but the Maloofs for digging themselves into a tremendous hole.</div>

I Agree with a Laker fan for once.LOL..seriously i said this earlier about Webber staying if he's healthy,but over the past few months or so,i've changed my mind,esp after the Peja case...abd Webber won't be going anywhere esp with his contract.i suspect the Maloofs will be eating his contract up.nobody i think will take Webber off our hands,so ur right Emo the Maloofs have no one to blame but themselves for this.and us Kings fans are paying the price for this :thumbsdow

8. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MR_SAC_KING:</div><div class="quote_post">I Agree with a Laker fan for once.LOL..seriously i said this earlier about Webber staying if he's healthy,but over the past few months or so,i've changed my mind,esp after the Peja case...abd Webber won't be going anywhere esp with his contract.i suspect the Maloofs will be eating his contract up.nobody i think will take Webber off our hands,so ur right Emo the Maloofs have no one to blame but themselves for this.and us Kings fans are paying the price for this :thumbsdow</div>

To add on to that, I find it funny from the beginning when Kings fans were quick to say that Chris Webber was the difference maker on getting Sacramento to the NBA Finals, and that with a somewhat "healthy" Chris Webber, nothing or nobody would stop them in their quest to win a championship. Now look at how the tides have turned so suddenly. It's ridiculously hilarious how fans can turn their backs on a player.

9. MR_SAC_KING

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Emo:</div><div class="quote_post">To add on to that, I find it funny from the beginning when Kings fans were quick to say that Chris Webber was the difference maker on getting Sacramento to the NBA Finals, and that with a somewhat "healthy" Chris Webber, nothing or nobody would stop them in their quest to win a championship. Now look at how the tides have turned so suddenly. It's ridiculously hilarious how fans can turn their backs on a player.</div>

It's not when you look at Webber and how he always has been saying he is the entire Kings franchise.Webbers act has worn off,on me esp after the Peja incident.would you rather have a team player like Peja who's healthy,than a Selfish player like Webber who isn't exactly a great player anymore.i think not.

Webber in my opinon has allienated the Kings and their fans.now i feel if we trade him,fine.Webber isn't the key for Sacramento to win anymore.he has been a dissapointment to say the least.

Now we are stuck with him,and like You said Emo,were the ones who have to deal with it.

10. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Emo:</div><div class="quote_post">To add on to that, I find it funny from the beginning when Kings fans were quick to say that Chris Webber was the difference maker on getting Sacramento to the NBA Finals, and that with a somewhat "healthy" Chris Webber, nothing or nobody would stop them in their quest to win a championship. Now look at how the tides have turned so suddenly. It's ridiculously hilarious how fans can turn their backs on a player.</div>
    correction:

with a completely healthy Webber they would have a very good shot at making a run at it. And there are a lot of other variables that have now come into play along with it. Im all for giving him one more shot, but If I were forced to pick between him and Stojakovic... there is no decision... see ya Webber...

as far as trading him... I have said time after time... who is going to take the chance with the huge contract that he has and the bad knees? you would have to be desparate for a big name to be on your team if you are seriously looking at trading to get him. He is going to have to do a lot of work to prove he is marketable.
    Thats the reason that if any major trades are going to be done, I'm thinking it will be at the conclusion of the of the upcoming season perhaps into the next preseason.*

*(now watch Petrie prove me wrong)

11. ksc6000

ksc6000 JBB JustBBall Member

I would rather have Chris stay than Peja.

12. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Emo:</div><div class="quote_post"> It's ridiculously hilarious how fans can turn their backs on a player.</div>

and how! vince carter is another perfect example of that. he was everyones fav player a few years ago. couple years of injuries and now he's the butt end of jokes. its funny how injuries can tarnish a players fan base...same thing seems to have happend with webber. you'd think a true fan would stick by a player especially through injuries

13. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

Im with ksc6000 I'd rather see C-Webb stay than Peja, Peja choked at the playoffs and he seems one-dimensional to me because all he does is shoot, if he could pass good or rebound good I'd keep him over Webber but for right now I'd take Webber in a heartbeat over Peja.

14. ice ice BIBBY

ice ice BIBBY JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting harbingerofdoom:</div><div class="quote_post">correction:

Im all for giving him one more shot, but If I were forced to pick between him and Stojakovic... there is no decision... see ya Webber... </div>

i agree

15. adiii

adiii JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dj_premium_plus:</div><div class="quote_post">and how! you'd think a true fan would stick by a player especially through injuries</div>

you would think so, but these guys..i guess they aren't true fans. i'm stickin by webber, i agree with the other two guys, i would rather see the kings keep webber over peja. don't JUST blame the maloofs either, blame yourselves too, everybody loved webber when he rocked the house in arco, so they did what any GM would do, give him an extension. he's not a curse for the kings...yet. c-webb prove these haters wrong.

i wouldn't mind seeing peja in chicago, him and hinrich would make a sick combo...

ps ice ice bibby your signature type thing, that's awesome...

16. harbingerofdoom

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting holyace2k2:</div><div class="quote_post">you would think so, but these guys..i guess they aren't true fans. i'm stickin by webber, i agree with the other two guys, i would rather see the kings keep webber over peja. don't JUST blame the maloofs either, blame yourselves too, everybody loved webber when he rocked the house in arco, so they did what any GM would do, give him an extension. he's not a curse for the kings...yet. c-webb prove these haters wrong.

i wouldn't mind seeing peja in chicago, him and hinrich would make a sick combo...

ps ice ice bibby your signature type thing, that's awesome...</div>
    oh please...your killin me.
    so If I have one injury prone player vs someone who has publicly said he wants a trade im supposed to pick the injury guy just because he has had injury problems? this aint pickup games out on the yard... I want a championship as do the Maloofs. If that means shipping Webber off in order to keep Stojakovic than so be it. And dont pull the extension card. If anything that means Webber should be held to an even higher standard. He is getting paid to do a job and I expect him to do it.
    If you have any chance of keeping Stojakovic and getting a solid defensive playing big man and you pick keeping webber over that you are crazy.

I am not turning my back on Webber, I am giving him one last season to prove he is the player he says he is. How long should anyone keep putting their faith in a player untill they finally realize that they arnt the player they were expected to be? At some point you have to let reality sink in... Webber is just not the player he once was and while there is a chance that he can bounce back this year there also stands a good chance he never will be the same.

17. og15

og15 JBB *********

Good luck Kings?

Unless they want to get some other scrub, they're better off keeping Webber because no other team is going to give anything good for him anymore.

18. harbingerofdoom

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">Good luck Kings?

Unless they want to get some other scrub, they're better off keeping Webber because no other team is going to give anything good for him anymore.</div>
    unfortunatly for everyone involved you are right.

19. ksc6000

ksc6000 JBB JustBBall Member

Webber is a leader, Peja is not. Webber can still create his own shot, Peja cannot. Peja disappeared in the playoffs, why do Kings fans not hold him accountable for that? On top of that, he's a wuss, Webber critisizes him for something that is TRUE, and Peja starts weeping and wants a trade.

20. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trip:</div><div class="quote_post">Webber has a huge contract, and is not the player he used to be. The most the Kings can probably fetch for him is another overpaid, aging forward or guard, which won't make a lot of sense from the Kings' POV.</div>

I agree no one is willing to take Webber because of the contract and the injuries. You can probably get someone like Allan Houston and a pick for him or something like that.