Webster to Start? Z-Bo has Bells Palsy

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Shapecity, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Coach Nate McMillan said second-year guard Martell Webster has been moved exclusively to small forward this week after the team learned Darius Miles will be out for at least two weeks to rehabilitate his right knee.

McMillan said he also will try to work rookie shooting guard Brandon Roy in some at small forward along with Travis Outlaw, but only for moments, because McMillan is more concerned with getting Roy repetitions at point guard.

"I feel like we can do certain things with him in that spot," McMillan said.

Bell's palsy: Forward Zach Randolph said he has Bell's palsy, a condition that causes facial muscles to weaken or become paralyzed. The left side of Randolph's face is affected, appearing swollen and immobile when he smiles or talks.

"It's just something that happened," Randolph said, adding that the condition doesn't bother him.

Randolph has had the condition for about two months, and the average recovery time is a few weeks to a few months, according to the Bell's palsy information Web site www.bellspalsy.ws/

Bell's palsy affects an average of 40,000 U.S. citizens every year.

Jump start: McMillan said several coaches and Trail Blazers officials who watch practice have already remarked on the progress this team has made compared with last season.

"And I feel the same way," McMillan said Wednesday. "I like our intensity, our focus. We are scrapping. It's good to hear. It's only the third practice, but it's what we wanted to do, try and lay the foundation for what we want to do and each day get better." </div>

Source