Weekly KNICKS "Buy or Sell" (Weekly)

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by JWilltheFreak, Aug 24, 2003.

1. JWilltheFreak

JWilltheFreak JBB JustBBall Member

Weekly KNICKS "Buy or Sell" (Weekly)

I saw this in the Memphis forum and I thought it was a great idea, so every week I will post a new buy or sell. It works just like on Around The Horn. I will post a poll and it will last one week. At the end of the poll we will reach a final verdict. State in this thread which option you voted for and give some reasons why you voted for it.

The first ever KNICKS Buy or Sell question is -

Will the KNCIKS make the playoffs with the additions of M Lampe/M Sweetney/KVH/ and Dice healthy?

I think that they will make the playoffs becuase they sign 2 great rookies they get KVH that he will score 4 them thats what they need and if DICE is healthy u know what he can do.

2. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

I sell. The Knicks...................are the Knicks. They traded their best player for Keith Van Horn. I think they'll come in last.

3. JWilltheFreak

Best player was not SPREE. THE BEST KNICK IS ALLAN HOUSTON.

4. knicks235

knicks235 JBB JustBBall Member

buy-with KVH-a step UP from spree with hight and range, and dyes heatlhy can do tons of damage also adding there an eastern confernce team they can go al the way in the middle of the standings in the atlantic

5. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

If Dyess is healthy they will probably get the 7th seed. if he isn't they will fight with the Bulls, Wizards, Bucks, and Raptors for the 8th spot.

6. JWilltheFreak

REMEMBER when the KNICKS had the 8 spot they made it ti the FINALS so dont sleep on the 8 spot

7. jbbSpree

jbbSpree JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting JWillTheFreak:</div><div class="quote_post">REMEMBER when the KNICKS had the 8 spot they made it ti the FINALS so dont sleep on the 8 spot</div>

don't expect that same effort this season. I'm selling, though i have no faith i would love to see them make it

8. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

BUY - I picked them to make the playoffs over the Bulls in another thread... they will make the playoffs with a LOSING record...

9. JWilltheFreak

with that team that they have now. I think they will make it

10. Anthony Mason

Anthony Mason JBB JustBBall Member

Buy - Only because it's the Eastern Conference. KVH is the real key for us this season, if he comes out and plays aggressively NY could make some noise and grab a 6-8th seed.
    Hopefully this season there will be some luck on our side and we can have a reletively healthy roster throughout the year. Really looking forward to see what impact Sweetney and Lampe have.

11. JWilltheFreak

I hope LAMPE does good and prove him self to those teams that pass on him

12. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

I don't wan to burst anyones bubble but Lampe will not do anything great this year. Think about all the great European players, have any had a large impact right away? I think Lampe will become a great player but as a rokie he won't do much.

13. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

I don't wan to burst anyones bubble but Lampe will not do anything great this year. Think about all the great European players, have any had a large impact right away? I think Lampe will become a great player but as a rookie he won't do much.

14. JWilltheFreak

Week 2 of(Buy or Sell)
    Will the Knicks win 45 to 50 games this season?

I think they will becuase they have a lot of weapons on offense and they have 2 great rookies and williams is doing good. Dice will be back, and KVH will produce for them 2.

15. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

I don't think so. If you look at the Eastern Conference the last two years only two teams the Nets and Pistons have won 50 games. I think they will get somewhere between 40-45 but not 45-50.

16. JWilltheFreak

That sounds good

17. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting JWillTheFreak:</div><div class="quote_post">That sounds good</div>

Yeah, making the playoffs is a big step for the Knicks. I'm guessing in a few years they will renew their rivalry with the Bulls as two of the best in the East.

18. JWilltheFreak

19. JWilltheFreak

Buy or Sell Knicks Draft?????????????

I say buy becuase they want LAMPE with the 9th pick and they got him in the 2nd round. And they picked up SWEETNEY with the 9th pick incase DiCE is out for the season again and they picked up another 7 footer in the 2nd round.
    SO I SAY BUY THE KNICKS DRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Waneko

Waneko JBB JustBBall Member

Knicks

The Knicks are my favorite NBA team, but I am not crazy enough to think that they will be in the playoffs. I am resigned that McDyess will not play, and if he miraculously does, he won't be the same player (remember Larry Johnson). Trading Spree for Keith Van Horn is such a poor decision it makes me think Scott Layden is trying to sabatoge the team. My preference has been to get rid of Layden and to try and dump all the contracts and start from scratch. Unfortunately, the fans will buy tickets to see a 9th place team, and that's why management refuses to start from scratch.