Weight loss 2016

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by BlazerCaravan, Apr 6, 2016.

1. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

Started a weight loss bet with a friend at the end of February. No exercise; all food intake change. No midnight snacks, micromanaging my food intake. I finally feel in control, and for the first time in years, I'm sticking with it. So far in 43 days I've lost 16.6 pounds (I'm very big, so that's only around 4.5%), but it's made a huge difference.

My goal is to hit 30lbs by June 1st, and to keep going from there. I want to weigh only 200lbs before my son can form long term memories.

Anyone else working on weight loss this year?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  2. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

Looking to drop a few lbs myself and get cut for the summer, gonna try Denny's crazy blood lust meat diet.

PDXFonz, Further, blue32 and 3 others like this.
  3. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

I'm a pretty lean guy, but I'm always for fighting against flab on the stomach. I did a zone diet program a couple years ago and got lean enough to still have a six pack at 27. Can't eat like that all the time, but I've tried to make it a lifestyle change where I abide by the zone diet 75% of the time. I'm currently on it right now to have a beach body for a vacation next month.

The cravings for pizza and beer never go away.

4. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla Well-Known Member

I don't really remember the exact timeine, but about two and a half years ago I weighed 286 pounds (I'm exactly 6 feet barefoot). I kinda freaked out about how close I was to 300 lbs so I decided to stop eating junk food and I lost 86 pounds in a year to get down to 200. In the last year I've gained some weight and I'm hovering around 225. I just started trying to cut more weight about a week ago, and its always good to have more accountability so thanks for this thread. I'm gonna do light workouts 3-4 times a week and try to limit my carbs to 25 grams a day. I know carbs aren't the be all end all but it's an easy way for me to control calories.

PDXFonz, Further, blue32 and 2 others like this.
  5. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

No exercise, just diet change? That's amazing!

BlazerCaravan likes this.
  6. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

Always but I'm lazy to go to the gym even though I can walk there. :MARIS61:

7. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

Thats inspiring cause if 6 foot and when I saw 285 I was like oh fuck but ive never got below 270 before giving up. I cant do it with just diet change and lifting weights is slow going. I need to run but I always use shin splints and wearing down my fat knees as an excuse. Id love to see 200.

8. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    "My" diet is the Keto diet. You cut out carbs which causes your body to burn fat instead of carbs for energy.

Since it's burning fat, you lose weight and fat even if you sit on your ass and don't exercise.

The low fat/exercise diet has been hyped for years, yet people who do it either don't lose weight or gain it back within a couple of years. The rest who do it just remain obese and we have an epidemic of obesity in spite of low fat and exercise.

Exercise is good for you, in any case. It tones the muscles and the heart and gets the blood flowing.

9. BlazerCaravan

I'm not trying to eliminate carbs completely (just candy), but I basically have anyway; egg white omlette with spinach and mushroom and hot sauce, two-pump (half sugar) non-fat mocha for breakfast. Some white meat fillet (chicken breast, swordfish, whatever) with broccoli and some other side like slaw or whatever for lunch, one chocolate bar or whatever for a snack, and whatever I want for dinner (usually it ends up being like a turkey sandwich or a couple slices of pizza). The biggest change, to be honest, is I then DON'T eat 1,500 calories of caramel corn after dinner.

VanillaGorilla likes this.
  10. Sedatedfork

Sedatedfork Rip City Rhapsody

I'm going on a cruise in November, so trying to lose some lb's. Just haven't been very disciplined about it. But today's a new day.

Further and JFizzleRaider like this.
  11. JFizzleRaider

You don't have to cut out all carbs. That's just one way to do it.

Eating oatmeal, brown rice, carbs in the 20's from.protein bars, green apples (low sugar because of the tartness) as complex carbs are good for you in moderation.

Further and BlazerCaravan like this.
  12. JFizzleRaider

Today's a new day is really the key as long as it isn't abused. Everyone falls off the wagon time and time again. It's having the strength to climb back on, and continue eating healthy through lifestyle change that produces results.

13. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

lol!

good for you man, that shit is delicious

14. BlazerCaravan

The struggle is FUCKING REAL. :lol:

PtldPlatypus likes this.
  15. BlazerCaravan

I had a lost weekend a few days ago, with two big birthday parties at big restaurants back to back. Yeah I gained back two pounds, but I'm getting back down again. Just gotta accept that you're doing your best and that the process is worthwhile, not just some goal.

Further and JFizzleRaider like this.
  16. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

BlazerCaravan and 3RA1N1AC like this.
  17. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    Lost about a 110lbs a year ago, but then moved and changed jobs and went back to school and haven't kept up at all. I still made sure i didn't go crazy, but slowly, i put back about 10 lbs. Recently I got in a real hard kick to not only lose those pounds again, but take off a little more and get more physically fit. Joined a gym, been going daily and am sore as syphilitic hooker right now. Actually really been enjoying the workout, both cardio and weights. Also been eating very healthy and watching my intake of calories and keeping carbs to a minimum. So far, in the 9 days since I started I've taken off only 3 pounds, but I know I'm adding some muscle and more weightloss will follow. Going out of town tomorrow for a few days for a bat mitzvah and I'm bringing my workout gear as well as some healthy snacks for the plane ride.

Congrats @BlazerCaravan for losing 16+ so far. It's damed amazing, once you start it can become addictive and becomes real fun to watch the progress. I encourage you to add a bit of exercise into the mix, not because it results in a bunch of weight loss, which it doesn't, but because it makes you realize how hard you have to work for each calorie, and it makes it more likely that you will stay on the diet. Also, good for that ticker you got. Congrats though, keep me updated. I'll do the same.

THE HCP, GriLtCheeZ, PDXFonz and 2 others like this.
  18. JFizzleRaider

That's why it's so important to make it a lifestyle change. But you have to indulge too. You can't live like a hermit. Social situations will make you cheat at times. I've found people find it very rude if you turn down food from them, it's like, here, eat my really bad food for you I made and if you say no ill be offended. Kind of ridiculous.

It's actually a good thing to have the occasional cheat meal btw. It keeps you sane (who in the hell can go very long without tasting a beer and pizza slice?). It also speeds up your metabolism by shocking your body. It won't know what to do with the shit food, you'll feel sick and swear off pizza, then eat it again a week later.

I usually limit my cheat meals to once or twice a week. Where I can eat whatever within a two hour period of time.

19. BlazerCaravan

Thanks! I have taken to parking at the far end of every parking lot. The weather's nice, so why not.

20. BlazerCaravan

I'm not ready to let myself do that yet. I could easily put away 5,000 calories in two hours... I don't want to do that, but compulsively I would.