Well-traveled FB D’Imperio ready to carry full load for Giants

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by truebluefan, Aug 9, 2013.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ryan D’Imperio sees opportunity staring him in the face he sees the chance to finally appear in an NFL game and eventually do it with the hometown Giants at MetLife Stadium a quick drive from his college days spent at Rutgers.

Starting Saturday night in Pittsburgh against the Steelers the 25-year-old fullback from South Jersey gets to prove to the Giants he belongs that the Vikings and Chiefs were wrong for getting rid of him.

“It’s an opportunity. Any time you’re on the field it’s an opportunity to show what you can do” the free-agent pickup said. “It’s your resume that you’re putting out there you’re trying to make the team you’re on and you’re trying to put film out there for other teams in case you get released.”

There is after all a major need at fullback with starter Henry Hynoski’s status iffy for the season opener Sept. 8 against the Cowboys after left knee surgery. D’Imperio has received reps with the first team splitting time with backup tight end Bear Pascoe and has impressed teammates and coaches with his soft hands out of the backfield and ability on special teams.

“I feel good going into the game” D’Imperio said. “I feel prepared and ready to go.”

As a middle linebacker at Rutgers D’Imperio made a name for himself by hitting people shedding blocks and stopping the opposition from moving the ball down the field. His future in the sport depends on doing the opposite grasping and excelling at fullback the position he was converted to after the Vikings drafted him in the seventh round in 2010.

- See more at:http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/well_traveled_fb_ready_to_carry_7UkjYMrl4wPKybaNpituHI

2. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

D'Imperio retires at the age of 23. So much for a long career.