Well...

Discussion in 'NFC West' started by ASUFan22, Sep 18, 2005.

1. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

Would anyone blame me if I changed my favorite team?I am just frustrated you know?--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------There's a new Ravens fan in the world lol. There will only be 4-6 Ravens games televised here but that's not much less than the Cards' 8 per year, because of the blacked out games. Of course I will keep watching the Cards, because I love football and they will be my 2nd favorite.I know that the Ravens are also 0-2, but they will actually have a chance of someday being good. Like I have said in another thread, Denny Green will have 2 or 3 very good playoff years in Arizona before he gets fired. Then the Cards will go back to losing for another...40 years until Michael Bidwill dies...god forbid... And the Ravens got Terrell Suggs and Todd Heap from ASU...

2. ortiz34

ortiz34 BBW Member

They need a better QB if they want a ring.

3. ASUFan22

Which team? lol

4. ortiz34

ortiz34 BBW Member

Ravens. Kyle Boller is already injured. And Anthony Wright isn't proven.

5. ASUFan22

Well, he has been doing well. And I'm not just changing teams to go to a Super Bowl contender. I just want to go to a team that at least has a chance to win (every team except for the Cards). I just picked the Ravens because I have liked them since '01 with their great defense.

6. ortiz34

ortiz34 BBW Member

Which year was it they made the playoffs, I forgot? Was that the first Tom Brady Superbowl victory? I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything.

7. ASUFan22

2001 Super Bowl that they won. They haven't done much after that I think, but they won't be bad forever...

8. NFLCskip

NFLCskip NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Right on! The more Raven fans the better. Don't worry I am confident we will pull things together and go on a big streak and get in the playoffs. We just have some bigtime QB issues right now. If we don't solve them this season look for us to get on in the offseason.Need a Ravens sig? Haha.

9. ASUFan22

I will get one.

10. ASUFan22

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Skip @ Sep 18 2005, 06:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Right on! The more Raven fans the better. Don't worry I am confident we will pull things together and go on a big streak and get in the playoffs. We just have some bigtime QB issues right now. If we don't solve them this season look for us to get on in the offseason.Need a Ravens sig? Haha.</div> Want to find me some good pics of Suggs and Heap?

11. NFLCskip

NFLCskip NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Is it for a sig? Because then you could use getty because it doesn't cover up what you need for a sig.

12. ASUFan22

Getty? I'm having one made for me at FPM. I have decided I will have 2 fav. teams. Cards and Ravens, not just Ravens. I can't leave my team.

13. ASUFan22

Here's my explanation. I posted it on a different forum, but here it is...:Well, I had a long night to think about it and I am thinking I will do that with a small difference. Instead of making the Cards my 2nd favorite, I will just have 2 favorites like DC and Desi...I realized that it is totally against what I believe to not have my home team be my favorite. I would be totally hypocritival of me to do that when I'm trying to get people to be Cards fans...It wouldn't be so bad because these teams play eachother like, what, once every 8 years? If they do play eachother I will root for the better team. That is NOT because I would like them any better. I will not like any team more than the other, but if say... the Cards are 10-5 and the Ravens are 7-9. The Ravens are out of the playoffs even if they win, but if the Cards win they get a bye in the playoffs... so I would root for the better team. If it was the Super Bowl though, I would root for Arizona without hesitation.Another reason I did this...well, did any of you guys read Rick Reilly's article on the Bidwills? It's either them screweing it up or the Cards are cursed with injuries...And if I have a favorite team in both conferences then I would learn more about the NFL...Well, I just wanted to say that.

14. NFLCChosen One

NFLCChosen One NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I can't really just leave my team, no matter how bad the Broncos are. I'd never do that, but I'm cool with you, afterall, who wants to root for the Cards, haha!

15. SickVick7

SickVick7 NFLC Banned

The Cards have an offense, its just there defense that needs to improve. They have 2 receivers and both of them are 2 of the biggest young receivers in football. The rookie RB J.J. Arrington is a bit small, but he should be able to bounce to the outside and juke a few guys.

16. ortiz34

ortiz34 BBW Member

Yeah, like CO said, I can't leave your team. My first team I started actually rooting for were the Carolina Panthers. In the offseason, they lost Mushin, my fav. player. I swithched to the Giants, but then thought, my first team was the Panthers, I can't do this. I like both the Giants and Panthers now, but, Panthers will always be better than the Giants on my list.

17. Karlos

Karlos NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Fairweather bandwagon fans leave their teams. Don't be one of those idiot fans.

18. ortiz34

ortiz34 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chiefsfan31 @ Sep 20 2005, 03:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Fairweather bandwagon fans leave their teams. Don't be one of those idiot fans.</div> LMAO! SO TRUE! I just started getting into the NFL 2 years ago. I'm from Boston and I love the Red Sox and have been for a while, and sometimes cheer on the Bruins. I think it would be an ultimate bandwagon to cheer on the Patriots. I mean, they're the best in the world, so let's cheer them! No, I'm not like that. I choose my team because I support them, not because they're winners.Look at the Red Sox, I love em, they didn't for 86 years before this previous world series. But, I kept cheering them on because I support them. I have seen some horrible things as a Red Sox fan. e.g. Aaron Boone 2003 ALCS Game 7. I support a team because I truly support them. Not because they win. I'm not into bandwagoning one bit. If you bandwagon, you're a cheater.

19. ASUFan22

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SickVick7 @ Sep 20 2005, 10:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>The Cards have an offense, its just there defense that needs to improve. They have 2 receivers and both of them are 2 of the biggest young receivers in football. The rookie RB J.J. Arrington is a bit small, but he should be able to bounce to the outside and juke a few guys.</div> You are 100% wrong there. The Cards defense is their strong point. They probably have a top 10 defense in the league. Their offense is decent, but with a horrible O-Line like that, they suck.

20. ASUFan22

And I wasn't being a bandwagon fan, because I'm not going toa Super Bowl team...Also, I am a D'Backs fan. I can cheer for bad teams. I just can't cheer for hopeless ones. But I guess I will, because it just isn't like me to leave my team...