Western Confrence Semis Rematch

Discussion in 'Dallas Mavericks' started by dee still ballin, May 5, 2003.

1. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

As we all know the Mavs and the Kings will face each other again in the WC Semis. Now me being a MAVS and KINGs fan this series really dosent matter to me. But lets talk stats.. last season the Mavs beat the Kings in the regualr season 3 games to 1.. but yet the Kings beat the Mavs in the playoffs, with the homecourt advantage. Now check out this years stats.. The Kings beat the Mavs 3 - 1, but yet this season the Mavs have the homecourt. Is this a sign that history repeats its self and the Mavs will beat the Kings?

Now Lets look at the probable Matchups..

Bibby vs Nash.. Nash has the quickness in this match up, but yet Bibby has the atletchsism(sp?)

Christie vs Finley.. other that Christie being a good Defender... this match up is pretty much even

Najera/Bell vs Peja Najera has the atlethicsim again but yet.. Peja can shoot the lights out and is no match for either of them

Nowitzki vs Webber This is the match-up everybody will be looking at.. up untill Game 6, Dirk lead the playoffs in ppg. Webber is known to put up alot of points but unless they stop each other this game will be a blow out

Bradly/LaFrentz vs Divac.. even on both sides

now IF Nelson were to put Nowitzki at the SF and LaFrentz at the PF, the match up would belong to the Mavs. This is the way I see it, Kings need to find away to defend the Nash/Nowitzki pick-and-roll [as they say its the most feard in the NBA]. Yet, the Mavs will have their hands full with Webber, Bibby and Clark

This should be a good Series..

2. Stockton

Stockton JBB

I think the Mavs should start with Bradley at PF and Raef at PF and hope that they dont get into foul trouble and Raef finds some form and Bradley picks up a few blocks. If they do that Peja will have some real trouble against the 7 foot Dirk. CWebb could have trouble if Raef plays his hard defense w/o getting fouls.We all know Christie wont score that much and Vlade. The Bibby/Nash match up could decide who wins this thing. Despite all this Kings should win but the Mavs/Spurs(No LA!!) western finals would be cool because they finsihed with equal best record.

3. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

only thing the two teams have that are different is..webber...a star PF...who is a good post player..dirk might well be better but he isn't a true post player..they also have clark and divac who crash the boards.Also they have experience on their side...NVE has to step up and play great for all the games for dallas to pull this out.Nash needs to control bibby and score and create more than bibby..will be a great series to watch..a very fast pace game.