What an awful period

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Ranger71, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Turnovers galore and can't win a faceoff if the fate of the world depended on it.

2. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Stanley cup contenders for sure.

3. Ranger71

Did they hit downtown Boston before the game? They look pathetic.

4. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

Watching on NBCSN, they said that the team and coaching staff had said that the team has been playing with a lack of passion lately. I'd said that's an understatement. They look flat and stale lately. They need to get something going and soon because if they can't figure out how to give a shit soon, it won't matter if they're in the Metro or Atlantic division come playoff time, they'll be done in 5. Just putrid hockey from this team lately.

5. Ranger71

If they take it that they're guaranteed a playoff spot they better snap out of that mindset.

6. Stepupstepan

Stepan 0 goals in 18 games. Said it for years he is an overpaid fat cat.

7. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Lots of people pointing out the obvious negatives here, so I'll change it up and point out that Hank is playing an unbelievable game right now.

8. Stepupstepan

Yes he is. The rest of these assclows haven't shown up.

9. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Holy shit that Lindberg goal was amazing. That will be on top plays of the week if not THE top goal of the week.

10. Ranger71

I know it's his 1st game but i have not been too impressed with Smith tonight.

11. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Best road team in the league. Lucky to win or not, they found a way. Definitely a good trait to have for a WC team.

12. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

Hank was spectacular tonight. I liked the refs letting them play since there is no benefit to putting the Rangers on the PP - 3 for their last 50? Locking up a wild card spot early allows AV to rest Hank for postseason.

13. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Lindberg is on his game. He would be a huge loss if claimed in the expansion draft. Not sure how he is eligible. I thought you had to play 3 seasons. He played one game 2 years ago.

14. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

That's why Hank gets paid 8.5 mill per season, way more than any other goalie. Despite many people saying he was done, you'll all be right at some point in the next year or two...:), he shows once again why he is who he is. When Crosby, or Kane, or OV dominant a game do people complain...nope. That is what stars do.

Now clearly it is not a sustainable model game after game, but when you are a stud and paid huge money you need to have games throughout the season where you take over and dominate. Last night was one of those games from Hank. No complaints from me that a star did what a star does and showed why he is the # 1 paid goalie in the NHL.

One comment on the D, when Klein or Girardi are ready I would give Holden a few games off before Clendening (assuming one is ready before the other). Holden has really struggled the past couple of weeks. -6 in his last 6 games. He was a +16 through December, and a -2 since the past 2 months. +/- clearly isn't the sole indicator, but we can all see he has struggled for a little while now. Time to give him a couple of games off to rest and get his game back.

I like the depth on D once Klein and Girardi are back. And with Skjei stepping up his game now, and McD, and Smith, and Staal has been solid for the most part, it is a good enough D when combined with Hank and the depth of scoring we should have come playoff time.

15. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Smith is coming from a team that is a mess. He'll get it together. I always thought he was good. I expect him to flourish after about 10 games.

16. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

I agree, I like Smith as well. Good addition.

17. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

I'm on board with smith as well.

We've pointed out numerous times here how it takes defenseman a good amount of time to settle into AVs system given the exit tempo, man switches, etc. Flash back to AV's first month or so here when we were giving up 6 a game, and also to when guys like Holden and Yandle come and have a bit of an adjustment period before finding their groove. Honestly, I'd be more concerned if Smith looked comfortable in that game.

18. Ranger71

Oh i liked getting him as well, i guess he just seemed a little more shaky than i thought he might right off the bat but the rest of the game he got better. To be fair too the whole team except HL sucked the first 30 min.