What are the chances.......

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Ghost Pepper, May 7, 2012.

1. Ghost Pepper

Ghost Pepper Active Member

Oregon sweeps USC this year? Visa versa? Spit? Oregon wins Pac-12, drops Nov.3?

I think if we win Nov.3 we'll crush them in Autzen for the Pac-12 championship. My gut tells me we may split though.

2. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

50/50

Could go either way. If Oregon bets USC twice, they could make a #2 or #3 ranking, depending on BCS chaos going about

3. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

injuries are probably going to happen to important players so speculations on those two games is missing key info. Hopefully both teams miraculously are 100% healthy going into Nov 3... that would be fun

STOMP

4. Ghost Pepper

I will be very interested to see how USC does on the O line without Matt Kalil to protect Barkley. Last year Jordan and Kiko didn't play the entire second half and USC was held scoreless for almost two quarters in that second half, I've got to like the pressure we'll bring this year.

5. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

I think Oregon gets blasted at USC this year. I think they lose a close one in the championship game

6. Ghost Pepper

MM

So you think Oregon will lose 2 X huh? I think there is no way USC beats us twice in one season especially knowing how they escaped Autzen last year and we were playing them the entire second half without Jordan, Kiko and starting a freshman secondary and they went scoreless in the 4th quarter. That will not happen this year, no way!!

7. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Ya, as much as it pains me to say so, if I am being honest with myself I believe that. Looking at is objectively, I think USC has a lot more talent from top to bottom.

8. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

I always thought they were top heavy for some reason. And the depth is why Kiffin didnt tackle in practice.

Could be wrong though, other than initial recruiting I dont pay much attention to development of other players not talked about in the news.

9. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

of course objectively the biggest talent difference is in the head coaches. I truly disagree with the bolded part as far as the players are concerned.

Last year the USC game followed THE game vs Stanford which determined who was in the driver's seat for winning the conference. The Ducks came out sloppy dropping passes, fumbling, and generally playing like they had a hangover getting down big to the Condoms. But by the 2nd half the lack of depth Wheels touched on was on full display and the Oregon attack was a hot knife vs butter. This is their first year of roster sanctions, so even without factoring in injuries their depth will be stretched even further.

This season the USC game looks to be THE game. Cupcakes loom in the weeks proceeding for both.

STOMP

10. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

Well, I'm happy if either team wins. It's bound to be a good game, and if fate rolls the dice right, Ducks could end up being #2(Bama losing to Michigan, LSU to UW, or any other SEC team). Then we could have a REAL game of the century.

11. Ghost Pepper

USC will be as deep as they've EVER been by the end of this year, they potentially could have up to 10 of the top 30 players in the nation by August. They already have 5! They will be two deep at 5* levels at multiple positions. That said the NCAA should close there doors because USC has basically told them to go FUCK THEMSELVES by putting them on recruiting restrictions. It's now LAUGHABLE as we can all see! USC " We pay if you want to Play!"