What could Miller get us?!?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by NattaNerNuttaMan, Jan 23, 2009.

1. NattaNerNuttaMan

NattaNerNuttaMan NattaNerNutta like Spike

Military
    According to the link (link: http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2009/01/mike_miller_larry_hughes_among.html), New Jersey has been showing serious interest in Mike Miller over Hughes (who wouldn't?). Talks have stalled when Minnesota started playing hardball since they are in no rush or serious need to unload Miller (who's contract is up after next year)...apparently in order to even get 'Sota to consider parting with Miller the deal will need the groundwork of at least one young player and a pick. Seems fair.

My question is, what deals do you think will be thrown thier way in regards to getting Miller? I'm sure many playoff minded teams would love to add a player with Miller's resume and high locker room character to thier squad. What would/should be offered?

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I don't think the TWolves should trade him and instead continue to build off their recent success. They're now 8-2 in 2009 and their young core is finally learning to gel.

3. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    Well the thing with Miller is that Minnesota really holds all the cards. Miller is a great lockerroom guy who is comfortable with coming off the bench (eventhough in 'Sota he could easily be a starter).

I think with what the Wolves put out as thier guidelines for trading Miller is fair (at least one young player and a draft pick). Otherwise Minnesota can continue to use him off the bench until his ankle fully heals and then let him walk after next season to free up 9.7milin capspace, if he's asking too much to return.

I'm just wondering what hcould bring in return, since he is still a player that can help just about every team and has a contract that ends after next season...making him very disireable.

4. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    sorry....double post!!! my bad!!!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009