What do we do with Damp?

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Dampier awaiting word on his future
    Big year, contract clause prompt Warriors to send out trade feelers

As he dressed for Tuesday's game in Seattle, the Warriors' Erick Dampier said, "Still here.''

The question is for how much longer. A few days? Two months? Two more seasons after this one?

The starting center's future is a pressing issue for the Warriors because of his contract. Dampier can exercise an opt-out clause in the seven-year, $48 million deal he signed in August 1999 and become an unrestricted free agent after the season, meaning the team could lose one of the league's most productive centers without compensation. </div>

Full Story

----------------------------
    I am real anxious to see what happens to Damp and when.

2. cArMeLo15

cArMeLo15 JBB JustBBall Member

We better start getting some wins to keep this guy happy! Dampier and Murphy could be such a deadly duo, I can't stress how great it would be to see them play together for a full season.

3. jayserinos99

jayserinos99 JBB JustBBall Member

Last year GSW wasn't hit with the injury bug, but karma always comes back. As far as the Damp situation goes, you know he wants big money and since this is an opt out year...Thing is, I'm just wondering what would happen with Adonal Foyle as he is a free agent after this year.

4. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Re-sign him and start him?

5. jayserinos99

So the best thing would be if Damp decides to opt out this year so we have more flexibility in resigning Foyle and Cardinal?

6. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting jayserinos99:</div><div class="quote_post">So the best thing would be if Damp decides to opt out this year so we have more flexibility in resigning Foyle and Cardinal?</div>I don't think there is any doubt about it, we MUST resign these two guys. Dampier will be a huge loss but atleast we will have the cap room to go get some high calibar players.

7. Custodianrules2

I think after the 2004-2005 season there will be a lot of good room to go after the players the warriors want. I think we should go after Magloire, but the hornets have the space to re-sign him.

8. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">I think after the 2004-2005 season there will be a lot of good room to go after the players the warriors want. I think we should go after Magloire, but the hornets have the space to re-sign him.</div>How about going after Yao Ming?

9. cArMeLo15

cArMeLo15 JBB JustBBall Member

Yao will ask for a lot, and the Rockets will give it to him. He's the player they want to build around.

10. jayserinos99

Yao is kind of a stretch to get; no way the Rockets are gonna let him go, especially with Van Gundy as coach and Ewing as personal coach to Yao.

11. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting jayserinos99:</div><div class="quote_post">Yao is kind of a stretch to get; no way the Rockets are gonna let him go, especially with Van Gundy as coach and Ewing as personal coach to Yao.</div>True but its nice to think about. :P

12. Custodianrules2

That's what I was thinking. What about the possibilities of getting Magloire? I wouldn't touch Illgauskus because I'm afraid he might pull an Eschmeyer, plus he lacks the thing you want in a center. Defense!

13. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">True but its nice to think about. :P</div>

I would love to have Yao. Fate had it so the warriors got number 3 that year instead of number 1. But you know what? They still would have picked Dunleavy possibily to hook his dad into coaching for them. A mad theory you think? Because why not take Nene or any of the big guys that could provide protection in case Foyle and Dampier BOTH don't re-sign. Oh my goodness.

14. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">I would love to have Yao. Fate had it so the warriors got number 3 that year instead of number 1. But you know what? They still would have picked Dunleavy possibily to hook his dad into coaching for them. A mad theory you think? Because why not take Nene or any of the big guys that could provide protection in case Foyle and Dampier BOTH don't re-sign. Oh my goodness.</div>

What do we do with Damp?

Trade him. Save the money in cap room to sign someone better like Kenyon Martin. I do not know much about Magloire. Yao will NEVER work. He will have bird rights from the Rockets and they will not let him go. The only hope to get Yao is to make a trade if he demands a trade. Foyle is a wait and see situation. Trade Damp and wait and see if Foyle can handle the starting center duties. Cardinal is a MUST sign for the mid level exception. That should be a good pay raise for him.

15. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">What do we do with Damp?

Trade him. Save the money in cap room to sign someone better like Kenyon Martin. I do not know much about Magloire. Yao will NEVER work. He will have bird rights from the Rockets and they will not let him go. The only hope to get Yao is to make a trade if he demands a trade. Foyle is a wait and see situation. Trade Damp and wait and see if Foyle can handle the starting center duties. Cardinal is a MUST sign for the mid level exception. That should be a good pay raise for him.</div>

I don't think Kenyon Martin is the answer out here on the West. Sure he is strong, but I think he'd struggle more. But the cool thing would be using alley-oops as a weapon. The biggest concern is finding that free agent center in case foyle or dampier both don't return. We ain't relying on Eschmeyer! A calcium-deficient guy with osteoperosis getting hit in the knee with a sledge hammer has a better chance of playing a single game all season than him. That guy is utterly useless. He's probably what caused all these team injuries in the first place! He's contagious. Freakin' Eschmeyer.

16. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't think Kenyon Martin is the answer out here on the West. Sure he is strong, but I think he'd struggle more. But the cool thing would be using alley-oops as a weapon. The biggest concern is finding that free agent center in case foyle or dampier both don't return. We ain't relying on Eschmeyer! A calcium-deficient guy with osteoperosis getting hit in the knee with a sledge hammer has a better chance of playing a single game all season than him. That guy is utterly useless. He's probably what caused all these team injuries in the first place! He's contagious. Freakin' Eschmeyer.</div>

I think Foyle can handle it, and if Damp is gone we will have enough $$ to sign Foyle and Cardinal.

17. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">What do we do with Damp?

Trade him. Save the money in cap room to sign someone better like Kenyon Martin. I do not know much about Magloire. Yao will NEVER work. He will have bird rights from the Rockets and they will not let him go. The only hope to get Yao is to make a trade if he demands a trade. Foyle is a wait and see situation. Trade Damp and wait and see if Foyle can handle the starting center duties. Cardinal is a MUST sign for the mid level exception. That should be a good pay raise for him.</div>I love your sig but you gotta take the pic down. Its way too big. If you wanna have one made for me let me know...I'll ask someone from the design team to make you one.

18. Warriorfansnc93

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">I love your sig but you gotta take the pic down. Its way too big. If you wanna have one made for me let me know...I'll ask someone from the design team to make you one.</div>

My bad. I created a post asking someone if they could create me a sig or avatar, but I could not find it. It disappeared. That would be great though, thanks.

19. Custodianrules2

Go with the standard signature web banner 468 x 100 I think.

I won't even bother to make one until after the feb. 19th deadline.

20. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">My bad. I created a post asking someone if they could create me a sig or avatar, but I could not find it. It disappeared. That would be great though, thanks.</div>[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feel free to use any of these