What do you think of players leaving early??

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by DevinHester23, Jan 8, 2007.

1. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I was just wondering what you guys think of players leaving early?? Me, if the player has 1 year of eligibility left and his stock is high, I support the player leaving, since the stock is high, and if they don't have their degree yet, they're only very likely a year away and can always come back and get their degree. The injury risk isn't worth it, IMO. Now, if they have 2 years left, I think they should return, to improve their stock. And if they get injured, they have their senior year to fall back on and improve their stock

2. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KyleOrton18 @ Jan 8 2007, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I was just wondering what you guys think of players leaving early?? Me, if the player has 1 year of eligibility left and his stock is high, I support the player leaving, since the stock is high, and if they don't have their degree yet, they're only very likely a year away and can always come back and get their degree. The injury risk isn't worth it, IMO. Now, if they have 2 years left, I think they should return, to improve their stock. And if they get injured, they have their senior year to fall back on and improve their stock</div>If they are a First Rounder they should declare. OR If they are in a Situation where they absolutely need the money they should declare. (Such as a few players who declared last year after their family lost everything in Hurricane Katrina, I don't remember who it was though.)In both those cases it's too much money to pass up. Otherwise I think they should stay in school.

3. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Devin Hester left early because he had to support his family. They were all poor. Guess it worked out. [​IMG]I agree with Venom though, if you're going to be a first rounder, or need financial help.. why not? It's not like you can't go take some online classes some other year or something. You can't just go play in the NFL whenever you want.

4. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Ok. I just wanted to see what others think of it. I agree somewhat also. The reason I brought this up is b/c I was talking about this w/ my swim coach who went to Texas, about Vince Young leaving early. He agreed w/ me about it, that his stock is high, he's got a title, and he can always come back and get his degree if he doesn't have it, and should only be a year away