what happened to justbball.com?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by olskoolfunktitude, Mar 19, 2008.

1. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

Am I crazy?

I used to pose at justbball.com and then one day the site stopped working for a while so i sort of forgot about it and then just now i typed it in and it took me to this sportstwo.com site ive never heard of. But somehow, when i entered my old name and password it logged me in, but prompted me to pick a new username.

Anyone here used to post there?

2. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

Sportstwo and JBB merged this past summer.

Btw, my former username was Kidd. Not sure if you remember me.

3. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

Welcome to S2!

You will recognize lots of posters from JBB here.

Just PM me if you have any questions about the site.

4. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (olskoolfunktitude @ Mar 19 2008, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone here used to post there?</div>

Yeah a lot of people left but theres still a lot of JBB guys here. Lots changed their names so you wouldn't notice but its still a lot of JBB guys, especially in the basketball boards.

5. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I'm still here from the JBB days. Give the site some time and you'll get used to it. Took me a while, but I've grown to like it.

6. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

hey olskool! I was wondering where you went. How bout them Celtics?

7. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Welcome to S2, olskool! Stick around, S2 is cool.

<u>These should answer some questions:</u>
    http://sportstwo.com/forums/JBB-Merger-Questions-t47034.html
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Denny Crane @ Sep 8 2007, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Given the circumstances of both sites, a merger was a natural and good thing. Combined, S2 and JBB become closer to being a major player in the Internet/Sports space, and this means real benefits for everyone involved, particularly the members. To grow to our immediate combined size organically and separately could take years. S2 offers lots of features that are extremely difficult and/or costly to implement on a vbulletin based site like JBB. The NBA season is about 60 days away, so the timing is right. Our combined staff and members complement each other quite well. We share a similar dedication to community and love what we're doing, and we really like the idea of working together.</div>

http://sportstwo.com/forums/MAJOR-ANNOUNCEMENT-t46954.html
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Hey everyone, For the longest time, we've been trying to turn JBB into something more than just a forum. We've been running off vBulletin for the past few years, and even though it's the best, most customizable messageboard system out there, it is still rather limiting. We've tried hacking it into a blog system. We've tried hacking an articles system and tried multiple versions of a frontpage. We've tried adding a number of other features that didn't even come close to making daylight because we did not want to risk our server stability and we did not have the resources. The fact is, we couldn't be anything more than just another vBulletin site. We were not able to add anything new or exciting to separate us from other boards. As a result, our registration rates and user activity have become rather stagnant compared to previous years. But that's all gonna change. We've been in talks with another company that is backed by investors and has full-time programmers on staff. It's a new company, but they are gaining a lot of momentum. They have the staff, talent and resources to implement all the things we've ever wanted: scores, stats, news, contests -- all in real-time -- and a few other really cool features that I can't talk about at the moment. Within the next couple weeks, JustBBall.com will officially merge with SportsTwo.com. SportsTwo.com (as in Sports 2.0) will have all of the features I mentioned, for all of the major sports. These guys have already acquired several other sports communities, but we will be one of the first to merge with them. And when I say "merge," I mean we will all remain on staff there and we will represent the basketball community as JustBBall. Ian will play a big role with the upper management on the direction of the site. Hunter, Sean and I will continue to be administrators and our goal will remain the same -- to be the best basketball community on the net! And with the S2 technology, we'll be able to give you so much more than just a messageboard! In the meantime, just sit back and keep doing your thing at JBB. There will be no need to go over there and register...your account will be migrated for you. Sometime over next couple weeks, you'll wake up to a new era of JustBBall. Please feel free to ask us questions over AIM or in this thread. Long live JBB! -Mel</div>