What I took away for South Dakota....

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Quack U!, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

On defense....

Buckner is a beast! When I saw this kids high school recruiting tapes and he grabbed a RB from around another tackle as the RB was going through his gap only to be yanked and flung right back into his own backfield with one arm, I knew this kid was going to be special. There was a play against S Dakota 2nd quarter about 12 minutes on the clock where the play is winding down and Buckner gets pancaked by #70 Huffer a big O lineman, Buckner did some crazy almost looking like Greco move off his back and flipped this kid on his ass so hard I thought they might have to get a stretcher for him. He did that with his back on the turf people! Non the less all three lineman up front looked good and I saw them getting penetrating for the first time in years. Let's hope that continues and improves for next week for sure and the rest of the season.

Our LB's are over pursuing and making horrible open field tackles. The LB's are Pellum's specialty I'm hoping for big improvements or MSU will be tough!

Our secondary looked pretty good and I'm sure we played down our whole D play book monster as to not give MSU a week of tape to study.

On Offense.....

Let's stop worrying about the go to receivers. Carrington is it!! Stanford and Lowe are your three headed monster. I'd also note although Marshall made a bone head TD mistake, he has great hands. That gives us a 4th very physical guy out there who can catch.

Mariota and Tyner look sharp and I need not say anything about Rolls Royce!

Points wont be the problem yet again, our LB play may though!

At the end of the day, Marcus found some good rhythm with new receivers, our backs got to punish some folks and our D line is making me feel better this year!

Time to get evil now, the Spartans are at the door!

2. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

I thought the LBs were wiffing it too, rather than it being a DL issue.