What if?

Discussion in 'College Football' started by BJames1156, Nov 22, 2005.

1. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

If Texas or USC loses and ends up not being in the National Championship, which team deserves to be in it?

2. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Penn State over LSU by a little. As much as I would love to see LSU win the national title because of Katrina the fact is LSU lost to a horrible and overrated(in the beginning of the season) Tennessee team where as Penn State lost to at least a Bowl team. Not that it matters anyways. Since neither will lose.

3. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

Penn St. hardly plays anyone. Michigan, Ohio St. thats about all worth mentioning, maybe wisconson. LSU played a good Arizona St. team, Tennessee, who at the time was #10. They also played Florida, Auburn, undefeated #4 Alabama. And still has to win against Georgia in the SEC championship. It is still possible for LSU to pass up penn St. in the BCS. while Penn St. is idle, LSU also plays arkansas besides the championship.

4. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BJames1156)</div><div class='quotemain'>Penn St. hardly plays anyone. Michigan, Ohio St. thats about all worth mentioning, maybe wisconson. LSU played a good Arizona St. team, Tennessee, who at the time was #10. They also played Florida, Auburn, undefeated #4 Alabama. And still has to win against Georgia in the SEC championship. It is still possible for LSU to pass up penn St. in the BCS. while Penn St. is idle, LSU also plays arkansas besides the championship.</div>

Actually Penn State and LSU's schedule's are very similar.

Arizona State and Tennessee are not good teams. State needs to win just to be Bowl eligible next week and Tennessee isn't going to any Bowls. Say what you want about them being "good" in the beginning of the season. The Fact is, if they were really good teams they would be going to Bowl teams. They make LSU's schedule weaker.
    LSU actually only played FOUR Bowl teams. Alabama, Auburn, Georgia (SEC TITLE) and Florida. Maybe 5 if State can beat Zona.

Penn State on the other hand has played at least 5 Bowl Teams. Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio State, and Northwestern. Maybe 6 if South Florida gut?s in. State will also get the honor of playing a BCS Team in Ohio State(assuming they get in) where as LSU didn't play anybody that good. So actually the argument is that Penn not only has a better quality of loss but they played probably as tough if not tougher schedule than LSU.

I want to see LSU in the National Title if not USC vs. Texas but the fact is they shouldn't get in ahead of Penn State who in my opinion has played a tougher schedule and at least one BCS Team.

Again Texas and USC won't lose so it really won't matter. LSU will go to the Sugar Bowl and Penn State probably the Fiesta.

5. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

Whoever wins the SEC; it looks like Auburn might be that team or perhaps Georgia.

6. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

first, Auburn will not win the SEC. And the only reason Tenn. isn't a bowl team is because its in the hardest conference in the NCAA. SEC is better than the Big Ten.

7. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

The defenses in the SEC are some of the best i Have ever seen, although I do not agree with them being better than the Big 10 which I think is the most powerful conference in College football.

8. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BJames1156)</div><div class='quotemain'>first, Auburn will not win the SEC. And the only reason Tenn. isn't a bowl team is because its in the hardest conference in the NCAA. SEC is better than the Big Ten.</div>

If Tennessee was truly a solid football team they would of beaten teams like Vandy and hell they would of whooped up on UAB instead of win by 7. Tennessee is not a good football team. Top to bottom the Big 10 is probably tougher than the SEC. Talent wise I think SEC has more talent than the Big 10.