What is it with these 247 guys?

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Targus, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    Enough with the rumor spreading. Someone reign these guys and have them do some research before they start the specific "rumors".

None of us appreciated the 'Miami officials in Eugene with Chip' stuff...others don't appreciate this kind of stuff either. If they want to be a legit sports and Duck source, great, but they look more like a grocery store checker lane mag most of the time.

https://twitter.com/#!/Evan_Flood247/status/157270379939889153

https://twitter.com/#!/BTNTomDienhart/status/157274664039751680

2. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

Confused what this has to do with Oregon 247 guys. They have their own seperate sections of the site as far as I know.

3. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    Is it ok to complain about the Oregonian, if Canzano does the Duck dry raw rub? After all, he does it under the Oregonian name and it reflects on the entire org. People complain about Educk because it's Scout, right?

I'm not that familiar with 247 - but, rumors, false rumors, officially reporting Stetzon Bair is 260# on their website, then claiming he said he's 285 (or whatever they claim) makes the entire organization look limp.

It's all relative. Ludwig, Pac, Wisconsin, Big Ten vs Pac 12 BCS, etc, etc. 247 reporting false rumors. Blah, blah...

4. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

I guess I kind of see where you are going. But I look at 247 kind of like I look at S2... there is one encompassing name "Sportstwo" but seperate forums on here. If and when I make an ass of myself on the Ducks forum that I help moderate, I dont think it necessarily reflects on how FizzleRaider runs the OSU forum next door even though we are both "Sportstwo" forums. Just one person's opinion though.

5. Da_O

Da_O Abe Vigoda lives!

What are you talking about Targus? Nobody that works for 247 spread those rumors. People in the forums may have spread the rumors, but it's the same thing as Tlong saying Miami Dolphins execs were talking to Chip Kelly.

EDIT: I have not heard of Evan Flood as he works for the Wisconsin site. He may have had inside information that was false, but I've never read the guy so I don't know.

In fact, if you don't believe me, you don't have to be a subscriber to post on the forums and, you can also sign up for a free trial to see what I'm talking about.

About the Stetzon Bair thing, Bair said that himself, so the writers of 247 quoted that in their article. That's not bending the truth, in newspapers it's perfectly alright to quote your source. They did not change that weight because that was his last official weigh in. If they changed weights based on what recruits said then every DT out there would be 300 pounds and run a 4.6 40.

EDIT: And technically the rumor was out before Evan_Flood247 posted about it.

https://twitter.com/#!/PPRPapaPig/status/157226872726491136

In fact, Paul Rudy PPr supposedly was the one that started the rumor according to this forum.
    http://aztecstalk.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=allabouttheaztecs&action=display&thread=2780&page=1

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012