What is This

Discussion in 'Other American Football' started by Lost One, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Lost One

Lost One ...

XFL part 2?

I thought the NFL already has a D-League, minor league system.

Isn't that what Arena Football (AFL lol lol lol), Canadian Football, NFL Europe or whatever is for?

So people are actually gonna pay money to watch this? ROFL

2. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

I think the former Bills QB is going to play in the UFL.

3. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

The NFL Europe program was canceled by the league last off-season. If I remember the details, the league was losing about $30mil a season on it and decided to pull the plug. I think it was a mistake, since a $1 million loss per team is not that big a deal and supporting that league gave them a minor league system and grew the game overseas. The Arena League is bankrupt and is close to folding. They didn't play last season. The Canadian league season overlaps the NFL season, so it will never be a good training league. The UFL is its own entity and is not designed to act as a minor league for the NFL, but that might be what it becomes. They already have money and support issues and competing with the NFL is a climb up the steepest of hills. To make it worse for them and any other fledgling league in any of the major sports, the NFL is on the verge of winning a landmark Supreme Court ruling that will make it impossible to sue the Big 4 (NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL) under antitrust laws, which will make it unlikely that any new league could compete.

4. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

The other main issue you forgot to mention with the UFL is the fact that it runs during the same time as the NFL season. Talk about a bad move. Why not do it in the summer when there is no football going on? The only reason I could see against that would be potential heat issues, but that's it. And who knows if that would even be a big issue.

5. Lost One

Lost One ...

Thanks for the explanation. I don't see this being successful at all.