What is wrong with this years all-star game?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by thuggedout108nj, Feb 2, 2003.

1. thuggedout108nj

thuggedout108nj JBB JustBBall Member

Yao Ming should not start.

Vince Carter has not played enough to be selected.

Kenyon Martin should've been selected over Brad Miller.

Jason Kidd should be the starting PG for the East.

I think that starters should be selected by the league and not the people. That way only the top players will make it.

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I agree with most of those, except for K-Mart. Brad Miller should be replaced by Jalen Rose. The Bulls are doing better than a lot of people expected and Rose is the main reason for that. He's putting up consistent numbers every game.

The East is weak at the 5 spot, so Miller made the team. I would take Kurt Thomas ahead of him though.

Kidd should definately be the starter at PG. (but he might not even play with his groin injury)

Jordan should be starting over VC.

Shaq should be starting.

Brand should replace Yao. Brand is a double double machine.

But the game is for the fans and they vote for the players they want. The All Star game has become a joke instead of a standard of excellence.

3. Jermainiac

Jermainiac JBB JustBBall Member

Shapecity, if the NBA chooses the best players, how'd MJ make the team??? He's only averaging 16 points per!

And thuggedout, dawg, Thomas is averagin what? 12, 7? Brad Miller is at 15, 10! He isn't as good as Rose(better than K-Mart), but they needed big guys. I personally think he should be a starter. I mean, Wallace isn't even a center!

4. Ito

Ito JBB JustBBall Member

<font color="darkred">There's nothing wrong with it. You people keep saying "Jordan shouldn't be there, Vince shouldn't be there, blah blah blah" .. I mean, So what. We voted for the players we wanted to see. I understand there are players that should had made the team, but hey, this is more of a fan thing than how well you doing. Stats doesn't have anything to do with this, It's all about which player has the most fanboys. [​IMG]
    </font>

5. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Jermainiac":</div><div class="quote_post">Shapecity, if the NBA chooses the best players, how'd MJ make the team??? He's only averaging 16 points per!

And thuggedout, dawg, Thomas is averagin what? 12, 7? Brad Miller is at 15, 10! He isn't as good as Rose(better than K-Mart), but they needed big guys. I personally think he should be a starter. I mean, Wallace isn't even a center!</div>

Jordan makes the team because he's the best player to ever play. He's avg. 18.7 PPG 5.5 REB and 3.8 AST. He makes everyone around him better and is still one of the better defenders in the league. Jordan commands the double team and can take over a game when it counts. It's not all about stats, it's about who is the best and he is definately deserving as the starting SF in the East. The only SF I might put over him is Paul Pierce, but it's Jordan's last year and he should definately be the starter.

6. Jermainiac

Jermainiac JBB JustBBall Member

Isn't it great that T-Mac let Jordan start in his place?

7. Ito

Ito JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Jermainiac":</div><div class="quote_post">Isn't it great that T-Mac let Jordan start in his place?</div>

<font color="darkred">Yeah, Allen Iverson did the same thing, He didn't get any credit for it. I think McGrady just wanted to sound like the nice guy. I mean, Iverson called Jordan and told him, but McGrady made a big deal out of this calling the press and shit. </font>

8. SupraJames

SupraJames JBB JustBBall Member

What's an All Star game to you? There are 2 ways to see this.

1. If it's basically just to put up shows and highlight reels then VC definitely should start. MJ is a more exciting player to watch than the SFs out there, plus this is his last year, so give him some respect.

2. If the All Star game is to basically get the best players in the league then VC should definitely NOT make the team at all. He has played minimal # of games this season to be considered good and to tell you the truth, he is one of the most overrated (if not the most) players ever. So what if he can dunk like a mofo, the guy can't carry a team, can't make the players around him better, and Toronto basically sucks still. Hell, they were even playing better without him at some point.

9. Truemaster14

Truemaster14 JBB JustBBall Member

the all star game is a popularity contest its who the fans want to see not who deserves it.