What sucks the most...

Discussion in 'Oregon State Beavers' started by Targus, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    it isn't Mannion's two INTS, or no TD's scored, or even a scoreless second half.
    It isn't even that Presbyterian scored more points against Cal this year.

It's 32 net rushing yards on 20 carries. Or, twice as many penalty yards as rushing yards.

This could be the worst OL in all of Div I football. OSU loses three SR starters from the OL after this year and next years depth looks atrocious.

Come on, Riley. This looking more and more like the Beav teams of the 90's.

2. Targus

Targus Suspended

3. Haakzilla

Haakzilla Well-Known Member

SEOWebDesignLLC.com
    FBS Ranking Offense Defense
    Rushing 291.8 (5th) 147.2 (56th)
    Passing 206.5 (77th) 238.2 (75th)
    Overall 8th 61st

Over-rated :dunno:

4. Targus

Targus Suspended

Who is that, Oregon? If it is, I'm sure you're aware that Oregon doesn't care about TOP and comparative results are askew based on having the defense on the field so long. Oregon cares about two things on defense: allowing less points than the opposing team and ypp.

Would you say Oregon was overrated last year - going to the NC and taking the #1 team in a tie game, down to a last play and losing by 3? Because, our defensive ranking this year are similar to last year. Oregon has scored 57 TD's on the season, while only allowing 24 TD's. We've played three ranked teams, two in the top 5.

Contending for a third Pac Championship - outright. 19 straight conference wins. Sure. Overrated. :)

I'm usually not in the business of comparing Oregon to Oregon State, because it's like comparing a Cadillac to a Yugo, but I'll make an exception this time around...

Oregon has a tougher OOC schedule and has allowed 24 TDs.
    Oregon State plays a softer schedule and has allowed 39 TD's.

The #2 team in the country, Okie St has allowed 28 TDS
    Oklahoma has allowed 20 TDs.

So, sure. Maybe we are overrated. :)

5. Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg Active Member

Private Security
    If Oregon has been so great then why is there post season Bowl record 9-15 ?

Oregon States Bowl record has been 10-6.

Hmm. I wonder what would happen if U of O didn't have Mr. Knight do most of the facility funding? Where would U of O be then?

Stop trying to make Oregon State such a shit program. They have made a lot of progress since 2000 after 29 losing seasons.

The U of O fans that I have met have been so arrogant, like they are better than Oregon State fans. Seriously, do some U of O fans think they have stocks invested in the team so they have to trash talk someone else because they are better? Its just dumb bragging rights of whose better. Talk about selfish behavior.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  6. Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg Active Member

Private Security
    If you read the recap of the game. Lots of his receivers dropped the ball.

7. Targus

Targus Suspended

So, lots of dropped balls...is that an issue unique to OSU receivers? Why? Are dropped balls the reason for Mannion's conf leading INTS or conf low TD's among QB's with 10+ games? Was it good defense by Cal that lead to drops? What causes a team to have an avg 30 net rushing yards in the past two games and average 9 points per game in those last three games??

Would you rather identify problems within the OSU program and talk like fans on how to fix them...or just cry about other posters who don't post within your narrow guidelines? You falsely accuse me...I'm not here to gloat - I'm here to discuss the issues that appear to be getting worse.

BTW - I've been to OSU bowl games - as an OSU fan. Never as proud of the program as when they beat ND. I fear this is the beginning of a downward trend for the program and I'm sensing a return to the 80's and 90's pattern.

It's silly you talk about dumb bragging rights and selfish behavior, yet post what you do, LOL.

The bowl record reference is fine. You do realize that under Riley though, OSU has NEVER finished season ranked in the top 20 and the best year, 2000, under Erickson, you shared the Pac Champ - and have never won it outright. Since Riley's peak in 2006 (10-4) there has been a steady decline in record and talent. Would you rather discuss why and have some sports chatter on how to fix it, or just point fingers at my posting style?

8. Targus

Targus Suspended

Since 1980 (modern football era) OSU has been to 10 bowl games. One of those was a major BCS bowl.
    Since 1980 Oregon has been to 17 bowl games. Four of those being a major BCS bowl.

Oregon State has a better winning % in those bowl games.
    Since 1980, Oregon has won 21 Civil War games. OSU has won 9.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_War_(college_football_game)

9. Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg Active Member

Private Security
    Good, so does this mean you are going to stop posting worthless jaunting articles in the Beaver section such like that HS female football player to help out the OL line? Its that kind of condescending posts that you write that doesn't help the Beaver fans out there and just get us pissed off. Its good that you are willing to post supportive posts now. Its too bad you didn't do that consistently before.

10. Targus

Targus Suspended

It was humor. Last time I checked, you haven't been granted the authority to define what is funny and what isn't. If I recall, as it was so long ago, I thought I even waited until OSU won that week to post it. Didn't someone else find it humorous?

This is supposed to be fun. I'm having fun. I wish the OSU players were having more fun with some wins, but we can do the best with what we have. So, if posting is not fun...figure out what to do. :)

I do post supportive posts. I have since the beginning of this board, but don't expect it 100% because I do have an opinion and that IS what the board is for - disagreeing opinions. One of the most important things we can do here is handle the differences with maturity - even when we disagree. If I can recommend...feel free to disagree with me anytime - but you're in no position to tell me how to post, so forgive me if I laugh at your demands.

Regards. Go Ducks. go beavs. go horned frogs. go flames!