What team is the key to the 2008 draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TheBeef, Apr 22, 2008.

1. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

The Atlanta Falcons, vicktims of scandal and a bad coaching hire, are poised to be the main event this Saturday when the draft kicks off about 3pm eastern from New York.....the Falcons have an embarrasment of early round picks and twice as many holes to fill and that combination could set off one of the busiest afternoons a war room has ever seen....the Falcons have the 3rd overall pick, one that could be a pivot point for this draft, as the remaining unpicked players of the "big six" will twist in the wind....its the logical point to trade into for teams looking to get into the top 5, but unanxious to go higher....not that the Falcons need more picks on Day 1, as they have 3 2nd rounders, giving them 4 of the 1st 48 picks and 7 of the 1st 103 selections....so the Falcons are in position to get just about whoever they want, and can move up and down at a whim to position themselves all weekend long.....for the record, in the Falcons war room, you will find:

Picks
    3rd
    34th
    37th
    48th
    68th
    98th
    103rd
    138th
    172nd
    212th
    232nd

+ a ton of phones and a hell of a long distance plan

2. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

They were my pick as well.

3. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I hope the Falcons do well and put the past behind them.

Perhaps drafting a "real" QB (Flacco or Henne in the 2nd) could be part of the solution.

4. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef @ Apr 22 2008, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Atlanta Falcons

Picks
    3rd
    34th
    37th
    48th
    68th
    98th
    103rd
    138th
    172nd
    212th
    232nd

+ a ton of phones and a hell of a long distance plan</div>

I disagree. I think the Falcons don't need to move around anywhere. I think they go with Matt Ryan at this point. Why aren't people talking about McFadden to Atlanta? Oh, let me guess, it's because he has issues off the field and everyone thinks that the Falcons are too shy after Mike Vicks off field activity. McFadden would do just as much to improve the Falcons as drafting any of the top quarterbacks, and probably a more sure-thing. Also, McFadden will put butts in seats much faster than Ryan will.

If one team could move down and would want to move down, it's got to be Oakland. They only have 1 pick in day 1 of the draft. Their next pick is in the 4th round. They could get at least 2 more day 1 picks if they find the right trade partner.

5. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I'd have said Miami (Prior to Jake Long signing) as there were 5 top players and it was all up in the air.

Now, its the Rams who can go Gholston/C Long/Dorsey.